• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cannot verify my license on PS4

oh shit. I hope that's not true. What a nightmare.

Edit: Probably not true? Just checked and my games seem to be working fine, even P.T. I was even feeling brave and tried restoring licenses to see if that would trigger something, but it gave an error part way through. In NA, btw.

Maybe/hopefully it's just maintenance making things wonky. Sorry to everyone having issues, though.

jadedm17

I'm having all of these issues, yet I can still watch Netflix on my PS4. Have you tried it?

Yes

Do you share your account with another person/ps4?

No.

Video services locked, restore licenses gives an error (NP-34993-8, PSN is down), PSN says its up online, shutting off console hasn't helped; I'm at a brick wall when their actual site says everything's fine but my console gives me an error code that the website says means PSN is down.

Davide

That's the game I wanted to download and play tonight as well. Did you 'purchase' the PT demo off the PS Store website too?
I just had it on PSN and have it installed on my PS4.

All my PS4 digital downloads are still unlocked but I can't download any PS+ games on PS3.

Are any of you with issues using PS Now? There was a similar problem in the UK a week ago that was related to the PS Now beta.

dopplr

Yes

No.

Video services locked, restore licenses gives an error (NP-34993-8, PSN is down), PSN says its up online, shutting off console hasn't helped; I'm at a brick wall when their actual site says everything's fine but my console gives me an error code that the website says means PSN is down.

Mate, I've got the same issue. Purchased FFX remaster, locked, I try to restore license and get that same error. I deactivate, then when I try to reactivate it gives me the same error and now I'm screwed with everything locked. Fuck this digital age on consoles. At least on PC you have so many avenues to get things going - on a locked console you feel so helpless and at the mercy of a huge corporation that gives no shits about one guy having issues.

EekTheKat

From my experience (RE:REV2, DYING LIGHT) NP-34993-8 as far as I can tell isn't necessarily that PSN is down - it's a "panic" error of sorts when the licensing check fails, resulting in the license server disconnecting early during validation.

One of the license files on the local users PS4 isn't responding properly with what the PSN license check server expects, so it panics and drops the connection instead of returning a proper error code.

In the case of Resident Evil REV2 - a 0kb file "COMPLETE SEASON" file that's on the local users PS4 was the cause of it. This affected everyone who pre-ordered that game digitally.

I think this highlights a pretty serious issue with Sony support in general - their phone/chat support agents literally cannot do anything to help other than to follow their support script and tell people to try the same 3 things over and over again (power cycle router, rebuild database, delete and retry again). At best all they can do is promise to submit a trouble ticket so a higher level tech can look at it.

We have to get someone's attention higher up to get this stuff addressed properly.

sappyday

So my friend deactivated my account from his PS4 and now it lets me choose to activate my account or to deactivate however whenever I try to activate it I get the error that the gaffer above posted. I get the same error when I try to restore the licence.

Also now it tells me that my content cannot be used and it can only be used by my account even though I can't use it.

jadedm17

Mate, I've got the same issue. Purchased FFX remaster, locked, I try to restore license and get that same error. I deactivate, then when I try to reactivate it gives me the same error and now I'm screwed with everything locked. Fuck this digital age on consoles. At least on PC you have so many avenues to get things going - on a locked console you feel so helpless and at the mercy of a huge corporation that gives no shits about one guy having issues.

Well said. I purchased a modest gaming laptop a month ago and I've already enjoyed cheaper games and free online play, though I'll admit there are other downfalls - such as the main one that kept me from pc gaming - like ease of use.

Nonetheless its become annoying how often these issues happen, with my PS4 being the most prevalent in this area.

One of the license files on the local users PS4 isn't responding properly with what the PSN license check server expects, so it panics and drops the connection instead of returning a proper error code.

The posted twitter account made this point clear and seems like a hugely annoying oversight.

Just checked and my games seem to be working fine, even P.T. I was even feeling brave and tried restoring licenses to see if that would trigger something, but it gave an error part way through. In NA, btw.

Welcome to the club!

Since the content in your download list is not available the console can't restore/verify license and this is causing an error.

EU players are safe so far since the game is still available for re-download.

I advise everyone with P.T. and NA account to try restore license and report if it's working for them.

dopplr

So my friend deactivated my account from his PS4 and now it lets me choose to activate my account or to deactivate however whenever I try to activate it I get the error that the gaffer above posted. I get the same error when I try to restore the licence.

Also now it tells me that my content cannot be used and it can only be used by my account even though I can't use it.

Yep same exact story for me. This feels so bad. I wanted to let off some stress due to finals and I'm greeted with this shit.

Gorger

Wow this is some serious shit. Sony better be fast in fixing it. What if it was Witcher 3 release day today?

Yep, getting activation errors on both the Vita and PS3. Given my Vita digital library (both bought and from Plus), the thing's effectively useless right now.

EDIT

Getting these errors on these systems:
PS3: 80029780
Vita: E-80558325

I also have PT, but no PS4.

I advise everyone with P.T. and NA account to try restore license and report if it's working for them.
Well shit.

Turned on one of our PS4s where my bf has his NA account but it is not his primary, all his digital games are locked. The console has P.T installed.

Our other PS4 which is set as his primary console and P.T is also installed is working fine, digital games are not locked.

EDIT: Restoring licenses fails. Deleting P.T from the console won't help either, according to https://twitter.com/pacifist_elk. I'd try activating the affected PS4 as a primary console on his account, but other people are reporting network errors when trying to do so...

So we're screwed right now, aren't we.

Welcome to the club!

Since the content in your download list is not available the console can't restore/verify license and this is causing an error.

EU players are safe so far since the game is still available for re-download.

But all of my games still work? I even signed into the SO's account, and the games I'd bought with my account were still working.
Is it perhaps just a matter of time until mine become locked, too?

fake edit: ah, it's only breaking secondary PS4s, then? What a mess.

Konami's gonna kill the entire game industry at the rate they're going.

EDIT: And even if it's not PT's fault, Konami is still somehow to blame.

chrislowe

ah, I downloaded guacemole yesterday from PS+ and it works...
but the rest of the PS+ games I downloaded today are locked :(

hope they fix it soon!.

I have P.T. installed, most of my library is digital and everything is working just fine. US account. Gonna call BS on the Twitter conspiracy theory.

You could still have these problems. Have you tried to verify the licenses through the PS4 menu?

There have been cases like this before with the Driveclub Preorder (EU) or Resident Evil Revelations 2 (US).

You could still have these problems. Have you tried to verify the licenses through the PS4 menu?

There have been cases like this before with the Driveclub Preorder (EU) or Resident Evil Revelations 2 (US).

If you're not already having problems, don't do this.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah if everything is working fine don't fuck with anything guys. You don't wanna be like us primary digital Gods peasants.

Don't think it's true but could be somewhat linked. Here's mine:

CEyn0KYW8AAtxFJ.jpg

Yep, now I'm getting errors/lock icons on downloading games. This sure is a clusterfuck, isn't it?

Again, I have a console with P.T installed and set as my primary where all digital games are unlocked and everything's fine as well. The problem seems to be affecting secondary PS4s with a NA account that has the P.T license.

Again, I have a console with P.T installed and set as my primary where all digital games are unlocked and everything's fine as well. The problem seems to be affecting secondary PS4s with a NA account that has the P.T license.

Try restoring license ;)

Your games are working sure but you can't restore your license.

I've never been happier to have waited on picking up a next gen system until this generation, the crazy BS that has gone on with these systems since launch is deplorable and losing access to content you've paid for is something that shouldn't even be a possibility with a game system.
I feel for everyone affected, I hope all your issues get resolved sooner rather than later. Also..... Fuck Konami....

dopplr

The issue seems to be related to activating/deactivating PS4 and the fact that you also cannot properly do a license restore without getting an error. If you want to be a 100% locked out of everything just deactivate your ps4 then try to reactivate. I had everything working ok, but with 1 thing locked, tried the de/activating and thats when everything got locked.

Kukawaki

Motherflipping Sony and their broken shit. I hope this gets resolved before I get off work.

I'm sure if I called their support they would tell me that I need to set my account as primary (we have two consoles and the secondary is affected) to which they will reply that 'you need to be playing on your primary account... what's the point of secondary accounts then?!?!

/angryextrapolation

I hope they address this soon.

Also, someone should class action Konami.

Update: Already downloaded and installed games continue to work on my primary PS4, but the license checker spits out the same error code as other people in this thread. Just installed a game I didn't previously have the license for (Guacamelee) and though it would download and install, I'm locked out of playing it. PT is still installed.

vazel

Banned

Macrotus

I've talked to a friend from Europe and it doesn't seem like Europeans are having this issue? Only NA so far

I'm on JPN, no problems with licensing issues at all.
I've tested all my digital games on my sub-account too and they all booted up properly too.
I also have the P.T. demo installed.

Top Bottom