• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Set Up A Lil Help Please

So finally after having my ps5 sucked out of my cart in walmart on launch day, I have finally secured a ps5 for both me and my gf, Originally I had her ps4 set to the master system so she would have access to my libary and not have to buy ps+, after setting everything up in family management on the ps5 it seems she is still locked out of my libary and cant play online, did they change this does she need her own ps+ so we can play together?
Also seems like I bought COD instead of COD 3, my gf likes them so wanted something to play together how hard is it going to be to get a refund.

Also I found the whole process of setting these consoles up annoying as fck, im sure they simplified it but having to remember passwords and constantly asking to scan qrcodes sucked ass not to mention I put text to voice on somehow, anyway thanks for any help.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think that game sharing (and thus PS+ sharing) doesn't work between generations. You can have a primary PS4 as well as a primary PS5.

Three

I'm fairly sure you can game share. The two generations actually make sharing easier because you can have two primaries. AFAIK you need to set your PS5 as the primary system too then all your installed library is shared with whoever logs into it. Unless they changed this recently?

Last edited:
Should be the same as prior gen, put your account on her PlayStation and activate it there. Once you activate your acct on her PS she should be able to play online and download ps Plus games from your acct to play on her acct

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

So finally after having my ps5 sucked out of my cart in walmart on launch day, I have finally secured a ps5 for both me and my gf, Originally I had her ps4 set to the master system so she would have access to my libary and not have to buy ps+, after setting everything up in family management on the ps5 it seems she is still locked out of my libary and cant play online, did they change this does she need her own ps+ so we can play together?
Also seems like I bought COD instead of COD 3, my gf likes them so wanted something to play together how hard is it going to be to get a refund.

Also I found the whole process of setting these consoles up annoying as fck, im sure they simplified it but having to remember passwords and constantly asking to scan qrcodes sucked ass not to mention I put text to voice on somehow, anyway thanks for any help.
Setting up consoles is easy as fuck. It’s what they are made for.

Top Bottom