• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cannot verify my license on PS4

I get this everytime I try to download any game, tried 6 different games.

CxQUrsP.png

Yeah, this doesn't look like it's an issue due to maintenance. Man Sony's online account system is complete shit. The funny thing is I could probably fix this if I had access to their code.

Primary. Also works on Secondary. This could be server issues.

I really hope so.

Just tested something:

PS3:
EU account: Old games work, downloading new games fails at activation
US account: Same

PS4:
EU account: Everything works
US account: Don't have anything new to download so I can't test

Vita:
EU account: Everything works

Seems like some part of the activation servers broke during the maintenance and it's affecting regions and users differently. Both of my accounts have PT.

Nothing was locked out for me, but trying to restore licenses resulted in error NP-34993-8 on last license.

No errors are appearing now after doing another license restore.

Yeah, it appears that Sony borked the NA licensing servers during that last maintenance, which resulted in everyone getting locked out of their games. It appears to have been fixed now, and for once you can't blame Konami.

Issue appears to be fixed for us as well. Phew!

Still, stuff like this makes me want to go out and buy physical copies of games I play daily...

Yep, working for me now. I absolutely hate how issues like this could last for 2 hours, 2 days, or 2 months and we have no idea of knowing.

Pretty weird that licences are revoked when the store is undergoing maintenance.

Can't they do something whereby there's a local licence on the console that checks in every so often? Perhaps one that isn't directly connected to the store, but another network that doesn't go down nearly as often?

The current approach really does seem pretty damaging if something long term where to happen to PSN like the now infamous outage of 2011...

I get this everytime I try to download any game, tried 6 different games.

CxQUrsP.png

I have the same problem.
I bought Castlevania SotN and Resident Evil 2 an hour ago and cannot download them because I dunno.

That error is related to not being able to activate your PS3 as your primary console, but even that isn't possible.

I hope this gets fixed soon. Really craving for some SotN.

EDIT: Activating my console worked now. After checking if I could download SotN and RE2 I can say that everything is back to normal.

Pretty weird that licences are revoked when the store is undergoing maintenance.

Can't they do something whereby there's a local licence on the console that checks in every so often? Perhaps one that isn't directly connected to the store, but another network that doesn't go down nearly as often?
Actually there is a local license when the ps4 is "offline". I guess it's a state in between when connected and the store is down. So it tries to check for a new one online and boom.

Gloggins

I've upgraded my HDD last night and had a hell of a time this morning trying to access anything and restoring licenses...now I'm thinking it's this same maintenance issue. I'll try again tonight.

I've upgraded my HDD last night and had a hell of a time this morning trying to access anything and restoring licenses...now I'm thinking it's this same maintenance issue. I'll try again tonight.

Almost certainly, if your main PSN account was from North America.

Gloggins

Almost certainly, if your main PSN account was from North America.

I'm in the UK, with a UK account. I'll check via Remote Play in an hour or so. Fingers crossed for no more ballache!

Reading back through the thread, it could be because of P.T? As long as this is a widespread thing and not specific to me I can wait for it to sort itself.

gappvembe

Has there been a for sure way to fix this?

I did reformat or back-up the drive to try and alleviate the problems I was having and now I am stuck with some of my games I can't play, as they have a lock by them. I think stemming from the P.T. take down.

I have limited time I can use the internet (stupid satellite, 10 gb/month, but unlimited from midnight to 5 AM). Because of my work, this is a very conflicting schedule.

This is a bit off topic, but every single day that I boot up my secondary PS4 it tells me that I cannot download P.T. in my notifications. Any way to turn this off? I don't even want it.

gappvembe

An update. I've had a chance to be online and successfully restore everything.

Settings -> PlayStation™Network/Account Managment -> Restore Licenses

I also activated it as my Primary PS4.

Not sure why I didn't see this before or try it.

Also now finding out my PS4 doesn't like rest mode. But everything is working fine.

Top Bottom