• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Local news censors Picasso's painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, because breasts are horrible things that must be censored to protect our viewers of ... something I don't know.
o-FOX-NEWS-PICASSO-BLUR-570_mxz2br.jpg

Art experts are pissed at Fox News.

When the conservative broadcaster reported on the record-breaking Pablo Picasso painting, Les femmes d’Alger, officials at the station thought the imagery was too offensive for their viewers. So they decided to censor the piece, which sold for $179 million, by blurring out the depicted breasts. Yeah, really.

“We decided to blur the nude portions so that we could show it to you, on-air,” co-anchor Dari Alexander said during the broadcast.

Of course, it didn’t take long for figures within the art community to blast the news outlet—and rightfully so. It’s fucking art. And they're cubist boobs.
http://www.complex.com/style/2015/05/fox-news-blurs-out-boobs-on-record-breaking-picasso-painting
And here you can enjoy the uncensored version.
b663fcf7aa46d51e0f40638180a2e34b.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Good. Society is too lewd and degenerate nowadays. Fox News providing a break from the onslaught of perversion.

Mik2121

Oh man America is so funny sometimes.
I know most countries these days censor real women naked, but a Picasso painting that isn't even hyper realism? The hell is wrong with some people haha!

Bodacious

Banned
nb4 the Mapplethorpe post

but yeah, i'm a lot more offended by the censorship than any viewer could ever have been by the blobs of paint representing nipples in that painting.

Mimosa97

Hey fox news, you know who else in the world love to censor arts ? Radical islamists !

Why don't you start a joint lobby group ?

Savitar

Time to go around and put censor bars on all paintings.

I mean......can you imagine if children saw them?

Or worse.....conservatives?!

Their senses, who will protect their senses of right and wrong. Of their morality.

So even paintings are sold an unfinished, broken mess?
Picasso did 15 versions of that particular painting, they're based on the original by Eugenie Delacroix. This's the original:
767px-WomenofAlgiers.JPG

And some of Picasso's versions
Picasso-LesFemmesDalgerMONT.jpg

(TOP ROW) Picasso’s “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version I”, “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version H”, Les Femmes d’Algers, Version K” (BOTTOM ROW) Picasso’s “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version I”, “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version L”, Les Femmes d’Algers, Version N”

Effnine

If anyone watches Amazing Race on CBS, they censored some statues in Monaco. I thought that was pretty odd too.

Bodacious

Banned
Picasso did 15 versions of that particular painting, they're based on the original by Eugenie Delacroix. This's the original:
767px-WomenofAlgiers.JPG

And some of Picasso's versions
Picasso-LesFemmesDalgerMONT.jpg

(TOP ROW) Picasso’s “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version I”, “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version H”, Les Femmes d’Algers, Version K” (BOTTOM ROW) Picasso’s “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version I”, “Les Femmes d’Algers, Version L”, Les Femmes d’Algers, Version N”

Picasso liked the titties, huh. The original doesn't even have exposed breasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom