• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XII ZEAL (Triangle Service) coming to Steam, courtesy of Degica

Eolz

Nice. Steam is really a great platform to play shmups now.
ShootingLove10thanniversarySEampLE_zps77b8a0e7.png

Momentary

Banned
He basically pretty much laid an "isn't it obvious" kind of hint for Delta Zeal or Tri-Zeal. I don't know about the Zeal games.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This is a port of the 10th Anniversary collection. Maybe we'll get DeltaZeal after?

He's dropping hints about multiple shooting game releases over the next several months. I'm guessing the other Triangle games will be contingent on how this one sells.

-Gozer-

I own XII Stag on PS2. Is XII Zeal the same but with some added modes or something?

I still have my Triangle Service bandana from pre-ordering Trizeal for the DC.

Danchi

So is this a port of the same thing that was recently translated for Xbox Live?

Or is it just one of the games that was a part of that collection (and they'll be, presumably, releasing the others as separate games)?

@MUWANdo

Banned
I own XII Stag on PS2. Is XII Zeal the same but with some added modes or something?

I still have my Triangle Service bandana from pre-ordering Trizeal for the DC.

XII Zeal is XII Stag with some tweaks, yeah.

Or is it just one of the games that was a part of that collection (and they'll be, presumably, releasing the others as separate games)?

Same dev, different game from a different compilation.

Mr.McFist

Shooting Love 200X was the recent release on XBox Live you are talking about.
This is a port of XIIZeal, a shmup from the Shooting Love 10th Anniversary release on 360 (a different game from a separate release).

Tain

As I said in the STG thread, I'm not crazy about Triangle Service but this is their best-looking game so I'll give it a shot.

Saroyan

Oh wow, this is awesome! I already have the Triangle service games on 360 and but I'll definitely double dip to show support for shmups on Steam.

Side volley fire techs look sweet. I still need to play Crimzon Clover (and work on Cho Ren Sha at some point), but this will definitely end up in my library. Degica's STG team is doing great work!

The 40% off was an unintended price error. I investigated the problem and here's what happened: The launch discount was still running for the first week after launch, til the 12th. At the same time, the Steam summer sale discount began on the 11th (at the same discount %). What this caused was a couple days where the discounts were overlapping. I didn't think the discounts would stack (it's an unusual situation to have more than one discount going at once), so when I checked the prices before the sale I didn't make a note of it.

Unfortunately, they did stack and the discount was higher than planned for a few days.

I apologize for the situation.

ArjanN

The 40% off was an unintended price error. I investigated the problem and here's what happened: The launch discount was still running for the first week after launch, til the 12th. At the same time, the Steam summer sale discount began on the 11th (at the same discount %). What this caused was a couple days where the discounts were overlapping. I didn't think the discounts would stack (it's an unusual situation to have more than one discount going at once), so when I checked the prices before the sale I didn't make a note of it.

Unfortunately, they did stack and the discount was higher than planned for a few days.

I apologize for the situation.

Thanks for the heads up. Game is really fun by the way, the back and side attacks are a pretty neat mechanic.

Ooh, this is awesome. Triangle Service's games are seriously underappreciated. Hopefully this means more of them will be coming over in the future too. Crossing my fingers for Trizeal.

Gren

Bought it yesterday. I was just going to wishlist it (got enough to play right now), but then I noticed it had been released just a few months ago, so I figured I get it now to provide some support that they most probably need.

Top Bottom