• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toy Soldiers sequel includes He-Man and GiJoe

jbug617

Banned
Amazon has PS4 and Xbox One listing. Costs $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YO2PRPS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

813ftUzHyhL._SL1500_.jpg

Retrocide

Oh crap, I love these games...and as a child of the 80's it's like a dream come true. If they can somehow get the transformers license....

Platy

Strange ... my brazilian portuguese source said "only avaliable trough digital stores" ... I imagined it was digital only ... maybe it is "not on gamestop" ?

Corpekata

Banned
Just need to get like the TMNT and maybe some Marvel toys and I'd be set nostalgia wise. Though I don't imagine that happening.

Savitar

Transformers and Thundercats would hit the sweet spots for a lot of people.

Pretty cool looking, had a good laugh when the Germans got taken out by the female character.

"MORE ARMIES ON THE HORIZON - Two more exciting licensed toy armies will be joining the battle!

Wonder which licensed toys will they reveal. Boxart shows two sillouettes.

PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS!

GOsuQG8.jpg

EDIT: Yeah! Thundercats would be amazing too.

That is a use of IPs that actually draws my interest. Hopefully there is more to this than a naked nostalgia grab.It's reassuring to see all the positive comments about the previous game.

Piano

Banned
So does this mean they're never going to finish the Steam version of Cold War? It's been dead in Early Access for a while now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Now if only they got Cam Clarke for He-man...

BUT, otherwise this is great! I'm the only person here who'd like to see VISIONARIES make it, lol. Cobra and Skeletor factions make sense. I'd love to see M.A.S.K or Thundercats. Hope they can get the original Intro themes in the game for Hero use.

The biggest weaknesd for me of the original was the lack of yoy variety. This took that criticism, and destroyed it. Nicely done! Will love to play this in splitscreen again.

Zubz

Banned
If He-Man's here, I'm hoping Skeletor's not far behind!

EDIT: ... I never even thought to analyze who the silhouettes are supposed to be. I'm pretty sure that's him next to He-Man. Fantastic!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I really liked the last two games and I love that they got licensed toys this time around. Nostalgia overload.

LQX

Wow, I thought MS owned the Toy Soldiers IP.

Loved the other games. Have them all on the 360 and PC. Cant wait.

mclem

Now if only they got Cam Clarke for He-man...

BUT, otherwise this is great! I'm the only person here who'd like to see VISIONARIES make it, lol. Cobra and Skeletor factions make sense. I'd love to see M.A.S.K or Thundercats. Hope they can get the original Intro themes in the game for Hero use.

The biggest weaknesd for me of the original was the lack of yoy variety. This took that criticism, and destroyed it. Nicely done! Will love to play this in splitscreen again.

The Centurions could be good. POWER EXTREME!

Jrs3000

Hasbro needs to get on board an let Transformers be in this. Imagine classic 80s optimus added to the trailer running soldiers over when a missle is shot at him an causing a big explosion but out of that explosion he comes up in the air transformed and shooting his laser gun killing toys left an right as he floats to the ground.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I confused Toy Soldiers with Small Soldiers and, before entering this thread, wondered why a studio would make a sequel to a 17-year-old film tie-in.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hasbro needs to get on board an let Transformers be in this. Imagine classic 80s optimus added to the trailer running soldiers over when a missle is shot at him an causing a big explosion but out of that explosion he comes up in the air transformed and shooting his laser gun killing toys left an right as he floats to the ground.
This seems familiar... Can we play "Touch" while this happens?

"Prime did it! He turned the tide!"

The Centurions could be good. POWER EXTREME!
Oooh, that'd be a good one too.

If they could really jump the shark, I'd love to see Jayce and the Wheel Warriors, or Robotech. Silverhawks, or Saber Rider... but really, I'm just happy they're doing this much, for now. Great idea.

Top Bottom