• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toy Soldiers sequel includes He-Man and GiJoe

Oh, interesting. The toys seem rather authentic, too. Though the voice acting is laughably bad. I've seen other indie titles get accused of bad voice acting for simply being amateur, they're freaking Shakesphere compared to this.

I confused Toy Soldiers with Small Soldiers and wondered why a studio would make a sequel to a 17-year-old film tie-in.

The Small Soldiers RTS was pretty fun though, if I recall correctly. Loved the movie as a kid, too, even if it was incredibly silly.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Lol who are they fooling with those secret character silhouettes?

WhoTheyFoolingToys.gif

I confused Toy Soldiers with Small Soldiers and, before entering this thread, wondered why a studio would make a sequel to a 17-year-old film tie-in.

Glad I'm not alone. Thought "what's this doing in the gaming section? also, hell ya!"

Santar

This is pretty great. All those original teams looks pretty uninteresting though.
I really really hope they were able to get the rights to the music from the shows. playing as He-Man without the theme music in the background just doesn't feel right.

I still need to play the sequel to the first one.

Loved the first one on PC, but the sequel didn't come out until later (or it was Win 8 exclusive for a while or something).

If I don't own it already (lol) I'll probably pick it up on the Steam sale.

That trailer was awesome. It's weird to see a trailer pandering to us 30+ old timers.

PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS! PLEASE BE DINO RIDERS!

GOsuQG8.jpg

EDIT: Yeah! Thundercats would be amazing too.
This, please. Dino Riders was ace.

Durden77

These always seemed like cool games and as obvious as it is, this is a great desicion. I'm already way more inclined to check it out now.

Why stop there? Get the licenses for Bravestarr, Dino Saucers, Silverhawks etc. they're probably cheap as hell. Hoping to see Many Faces, Fisto and that dude with the really long neck.

DrZeus

I've seen tmnt and transformers being requested. I'm now racking my brain to add more awesome 80s IP and I got nothing😞. Game looks awesome!

Game looks sweet.

Is it weird that I'm a little disappointed in the visuals, though? A little more care put into the particle effects, that sort of thing. Having super-fake looking toys with super-realistic looking everything else would have been a pretty amazing style, but I suppose budgets are budgets. Will almost certainly pick this up.

Last two factions are probably Skeletor and Cobra, but it'd be sweet if they cast a wider net and got some other 80s franchises like Transformers and Thundercats in there.

Assuming it's not just Skeletor and Cobra armies and other toy lines. Transformers probably too expensive, but Go Bots should be doable, one on the left could even be Cy-Kill silhouette. But it's probably Skeletor and Cobra.

So does this mean they're never going to finish the Steam version of Cold War? It's been dead in Early Access for a while now.
It is done, they're just still bug-hunting with a fine tooth comb before calling it a full release. Its feature complete and has all of OG Toy Soldiers as well. Its not even buggy as of now (nor was it ever really).

So yeah, the Steam version (Toy Soldiers: Complete) is a fine game, I'm down as shiz for this.

Alphahawk

The two secret characters probably aren't related to either Heman or G.I Joes otherwise it wouldn't make since to silhouette them.

Teuoxton

HYPE! The opportunity for a huge cast of characters is enticing. Maybe even Stretch Armstrong and Co. can get in.

(I can't be the only one that first thought OP meant a sequel to Small Soldiers I hope..... Wasn't that movie called Toy Soldiers in Europe?)

mreddie

This had me sold from the first trailer, this seals it, I assume the other 2 might be Mattel or Hasbro related.

I'm gonna guess something LEGO related and Transformers or something obscure as fuck.

I like where this is going.

Never got to play the games much last gen, but I like the genre and what I played of the demo. Looks fun and love the additional armies.

Santar

I've got a bad feeling Skeletor and Cobra is probably gonna be paid DLC if they're not the unannounced factions.

Top Bottom