• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe reviews Batman: Arkham Knight

PranooY

Batman: Arkham Knight Angry Review *Spoilers*

Totally agree with him, Arkham Knight is not a worthy conclusion to Arkham franchise.
He gave it a
6/10
score and
4/10
for the PC version. (For those who can't watch the video.)

I made this thread since none of the mainstream reviews reflected my disappointment with the game like this review.
Lock, if old or not worthy.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Can't watch it due to spoilers but I am willing to bet that he belongs in the group that absolutely hated the Batmobile

He's angry. Get it?

rage.gif

vocab

Can't watch it due to spoilers but I am willing to bet that he belongs in the group that absolutely hated the Batmobile
He said it was cool for a bit just overstayed its welcome. I think he was more annoyed that you are killing generic dudes in tanks most of the time.

Gurish

He said it was cool for a bit just overstayed its welcome. I think he was more annoyed that you are killing generic dudes in tanks most of the time.

Can you explain what does he mean without getting into spoilers? Isn't this what you did in previous games? Hit generic thugs most of the time?

CHC

I'd probably agree with a lot of what he's saying but I don't think my blood pressure can handle a 30 minute Angry Joe video at this hour... I know he's gonna tear this title apart.

Can anyone, who has watched the review, clarify on how spoilery it is? I haven't played the game yet as i'm still finishing off The Witcher 3, but i'd love to hear his points on the game. Thanks.

Gurish

I'll watch the review after I finish the game but 6/10 seems a little harsh for the amount of polish and production values in this game, they really poured their hearts into this one.

PranooY

76% through the story, any spoilers?
Any spoilers ? In only about 60 percent through the story
No, nothing much after that. But he does talk about the reveal of Arkham Knight being disappointing, but doesn't reveal the identity in this review.

Can anyone, who has watched the review, clarify on how spoilery it is? I haven't played the game yet as i'm still finishing off The Witcher 3, but i'd love to hear his points on the game. Thanks.
Very spoilery for those who haven't yet played atleast 50%+.

Gurish

1886 had polish and production values too.

Just_Saiyan.jpg

Good point but here there is an actual game with lots of content in it, and the gameplay and mechanics are good, I get that someone might be disappointed but a 6 is very harsh for this game, it does many things right even if you don't like The Batmobile.

MAtgS

He gives away a big spoiler from about 25% into the story with some warning. Doesn't give away endgame other then saying the AK's reveal was a let down. He also spoils the beginning of a side mission that he really shouldn't have.

Why do we still not have an Angry Joe OT?

DSix

Banned
Great review as usual. Can't say much else, I had the game on PC for a few days before refund.

edit: A lot of backseat moderation here I see...

nynt9

Those of you who are complaining that AJ reviews shouldn't get their own thread, thread whining is against the rules. If the mods seen the thread unfit, they will close it. No need to shit up the thread with comments that don't add anything else.

I'll watch the review after I finish the game but 6/10 seems a little harsh for the amount of polish and production values in this game, they really poured their hearts into this one.

Good point but here there is an actual game with lots of content in it, and the gameplay and mechanics are good, I get that someone might be disappointed but a 6 is very harsh for this game, it does many things right even if you don't like The Batmobile.

A game that is polished and has a bunch of content can still be a poor game. If the content is meaningless and repetitive, if the mechanics are polished but soulless and pointless then it doesn't matter. Destiny is a good example of this for me. Yes, the shooting is polished and there's a lot of content, but there's absolutely no point in going through the content for me as I don't really enjoy that type of Skinner box gameplay.

Halabane

I think it was a fair review. Problem may be the typical expectation thing we all get. This one did not hit it. That very well may have been because they over marketed it. Usually you see higher review scores we you get surprised or expectations exceeded.

I am not sure the pc grade is correct since its broken at this point and not even for sale on steam (unless that has changed recently). I think I would just put a stay away sign up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Once again Joe nailed it. I agree with everything.

Great review.

Rolfgang

I still have to pick it up, but I'll just wait for the PC version to be fixed. And for the price to go down, since I'll probably too have some gripes with the game.

cripterion

Watching this review and I don't think I'll play this shit even when they fix the pc version. Aside from some combat refinements it looks so boring.

If they made the challenges standalone I would definitely get that instead.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's a really disappointing game, I don't understand how the same team that made Asylum could make a game filled with as much tedious shit as Knight. City wasn't great but it wasn't a chore to play, it just had a dumb story and structure. I spent way too much of my time with Knight gritting my teeth. Definitely the worst in the series and a very limp way to end things.

Denton

It is NOT harsh. He uses the scale where 6 is above average, 5 is average. Not the scale where everything under 8 is garbage.
And he substanties all of his gripes with arguments.

Halabane

Lots of content does not mean interesting content. They are making bank by creating something once and just using it over and over and over again. Destiny does not even hide it. They keep sending you back to the same place to do the same thing. All thats different is a the title of the quest.

Gurish

It's a really disappointing game, I don't understand how the same team that made Asylum could make a game filled with as much tedious shit as Knight. City wasn't great but it wasn't a chore to play, it just had a dumb story and structure. I spent way too much of my time with Knight gritting my teeth.

Can you explain what was tedious in this game without being too spoilery? (didn't finish it yet)

It is NOT harsh. He uses the scale where 6 is above average, 5 is average. Not the scale where everything under 8 is garbage.
And he substanties all of his gripes with arguments.
Well I think it's way beyond average, he gave Mordor more if i remember correctly, and this one is so much better that Mordor it's not even comparable.

Ban Puncher

Don't Angry Joe threads have their own containment thread in Community?

I liked Arkham Knight but Asylum is still my favourite.

Denton

Well I think it's way beyond average, he gave Mordor more if i remember correctly, and this one is so much better that Mordor it's not even comparable.

It is fine to have a different opinions about games. I was just pointing out the score scale he uses, where 6 is still not a bad game.

cripterion

I predict him to be angry and not like the game a lot

Didn't think threads like this still attracted this type of shitposting.

Watch the review he makes some good points about the game shortcomings. Honestly I dunno why I even bought this when I barely played Origins. I guess I got enthused by some promo trailers and wanted to see them shiny graphics on my pic but as a whole I'm tired of the Batman formula.

AHA-Lambda

I feel like AK is going to become like TDKR, has some obvious flaws compared to their predecessors, that get overblown when people say they suck arse.

I'm getting the feeling AK is going to be this years Bioshock Infinite.

Top Bottom