• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crypt of the NecroDancer Coming to PS4, PS Vita

Loudninja

Do you love roguelikes? Rhythm-based combat? Challenging but fair gameplay? If you said “yes” to any of those questions then this is the announcement for you!
Crypt of the NecroDancer, the award-winning and critically-acclaimed roguelike rhythm game, will be launching exclusively on PS4 and PS Vita! Now you can move to the music and deliver beatdowns on the big screen with your PS4, or on the go with your PS Vita.

Crypt of the NecroDancer’s unique gameplay and captivating soundtrack have been a hit on PC, and we are extremely excited to make our console debut exclusively on the home of innovative rhythm and music games, PlayStation.

Help our hero Cadence battle her way through the NecroDancer’s dungeon in search of her missing father. On her way she faces methodical monsters all moving to the same beat she’s been cursed to follow. Randomly generated levels offer exciting new gameplay experiences every time! You can also play as other members of Cadence’s family, each with a distinctive play style.

Crypt of the NecroDancer’s award winning soundtrack is composed by Danny Baranowsky, but the PS4 and PS Vita versions will also feature an exclusive, playable chiptune remix of the game’s soundtrack, created by Jake “Virt” Kaufman, the composer for Shovel Knight!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/10/crypt-of-the-necrodancer-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita/

Fucking love this game. I love my Vita. So that's a double dip.

Plus, HNNNG CHIPTUNE REMIX SOUNDTRACK FOR PS4/VITA VERSIONS ~~~~~~<3

Corpekata

Banned
Great game. Not something I play for long periods of time but something I keep coming back to for quick spurts. That time adds up I see as I've apparently clocked in 23 hours between all those burst sessions.

huh, I totally thought this had already been announced as coming to PS4 a while back. Glad there's official confirmation as I have been really looking forward to playing this! Wish they had put out at least a target release window however.

Roldan

what the fuck, can't believe it's happening. YES.

This and Darkest Dungeon on Vita and I'll be a complete person.

Been waiting for this to hit Vita.

Surprised it took this long for them to announce it. Was expecting it at E3 as part of a Sony indie montage.

I somehow don't know this game, but might've seen a screen or two before. Looks cool. Probably gonna pick it up for Vita. Virt alone is enough to sell me.

Planet

Too bad is is mightily cumbersome to import music on the Vita. On the PS4 it will likely be possible from USB like with the media player and ShareFactory.

I love games where you can play (and not only play to) your own music files (Audiosurf 2 on PS4 with Spotify support would be so awesome). Is this a difficult game or something more relaxing?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Fantastic news for an awesome game!

Will most def pick it up on both systems.

cotndskeleton.gif

Too bad is is mightily cumbersome to import music on the Vita. On the PS4 it will likely be possible from USB like with the media player and ShareFactory.

I love games where you can play (and not only play to) your own music files (Audiosurf 2 on PS4 with Spotify support would be so awesome). Is this a difficult game or something more relaxing?

It's relatively challenging and can even get frustrating. You always need to move to the beat of the music and sometimes have to make decisions very quickly. There's a character that eliminates that, but it also takes away what makes the game so good!
Cross buy/save support?
I'd be surprised if it wasn't cross buy and save.

Tenck

It gets pretty freaking hard even in the first dungeon. You can't really stop once you start getting to the lower floors.

Just on that note about importing music on Vita, it worked fine in Kickbeat way back, so it should be doable. Vita's not the ideal platform to dedicate any of your memory card space to anything but games and Kickbeat in particular was already pretty hefty by itself... but even 1GB of songs can be a good amount and this game's probably a lot smaller.

Already own and love it on PC, but it's one of those games I'd play a lot more often if I had a handheld version. It shall be mine once more.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
"Do you love roguelikes? Rhythm-based combat? Challenging but fair gameplay? If you said &#8220;yes&#8221; to any of those questions then this is the announcement for you!"

No i don't like that lol, totally not for me, but good for everyone else.

Corto

Release date? These Vita games need to be announced a little bit more near release. I'm still waiting for Risk of Rain for what seems like ages...

Top Bottom