• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crypt of the NecroDancer Coming to PS4, PS Vita

Hugstable

Banned
Why isn't there custom music support? I know the blog post mentions licensing issues, but issues with what? The PS4 plays Mp3s, and that's all it needs to do.

Awwwww really? That was one of the coolest features on the PC version, really hope they can find a way to get it in cause it really gives the game the content it needs as you can play through the levels with your own songs and beat patterns instead of just the regular music. Don't get me wrong, the regular music is beyond fucking amazing, but just being able to create endless content basically by using any song in the game will be a bit missed. There has to be some way they could do it couldn't they?

Tenebrous

I think they use a third party software to analyze songs and generate the beats. That's probably the issue.

The trailer mentions playing with your own MP3s so surely custom music is in?

This is pretty damn confusing. Got an employee saying you can't in the PS Blog comments section, and the trailer saying you can... If I had to guess, I'd go with the trailer.

Edit: Sorry, it's not a Sony employee, but an employee from the developer... I guess they're right and the trailer is wrong, then.

It's unfortunate but I personally never used the feature much because the included soundtrack is great and fits so well. I won't miss it.

eastx

It's unfortunate but I personally never used the feature much because the included soundtrack is great and fits so well. I won't miss it.

Same here. Also, the interface for setting up custom soundtracks wasn't very good at the time. Haven't checked lately.

Got confirmation that the trailer is wrong

XARAuaA.png

The game will be ported by Blitworks who are also working on Super Meat Boy for PS4/Vita and worked on Bastion, OlliOlli, FEZ and Spelunky ports in the past. Probably couldn't ask for a better studio to do it.

Occam

Played a couple of runs on PS4, quite enjoying it. It has cross saving, too, so I'll continue on Vita later.

NoKisum

Was so close to double dipping if it included custom music support. Hell, I was ready to finally buckle down and buy a 32GB Vita card just for this.

Now I'll just have to hope and wait that BYG fixes the interface problems with the PC version.

Top Bottom