• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlitWorks: Keep asking Sega if you want JSRF or Shenmue ports

Atolm

So the Spanish website Gamespek did a small interview with Tony Cabello, boss of Barcelona-based BlitWorks, which as you may know has been working on porting a ton of games, like Jet set Radio, FEZ or Spelunky.

They basically tell us to keep asking Sega if we want more ports from them.

Thanks a lot for your time. Any final message you'd like to share with your followers?

Thanks to you! We would like to tell SEGA games fans that they don’t cease to ask for ports of great games like Shenmue or Jet Set Radio Future, we are the first ones that would like to port these games. In change.org or similar webs there are several requests about that.

They actually say a Shenmue prototype was shown to Sega, as I myself leaked a year and half ago...but apparently, Sega wasn't that interested...

Then we thought it would be a good idea to showcase Sonic CD, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue working on the emulators to Sega, with the prospect of a commercial release for the consoles of that time. They showed interest in Sonic CD and Jet Set Radio

They also explain why JSR was retired from the iOS store...

You receive a lot of feedback from social media like Twitter or forums as NEOGAF. How well received where the games you've been working on? Any positive or negative surprises?

Yes, we receive a lot of feedback, and it’s a pity that we are only hired to make the port, and then if there are problems, we don’t have a support contract so we can cover this problems. Luckily we haven’t experienced big problems.

An example of this is what happened with JSR for mobiles. In order to port JSR, we used a emulation trick, that worked on all platforms. But with when iOS8 appeared, this trick stopped working as is, so in order to make JSR continue working, we would need to modify the game, and it was not an easy change. Finally, SEGA decided to remove several games from iOS and Android stores, and JSR was among them. We don’t know the exact reasons to take this decision, but we are sure that this unexpected incompatibility influenced it.

The full interview: http://www.gamespek.com/2015/07/14/...ts-que-habeis-podido-disfrutar-recientemente/

Shinriji

Blitworks logo on the title screen means quality ports. Looking forward to Dragon Fin Soup and Bastion Port to vita.

Zubz

Banned
I got so excited for a JSRF port after the teases/nods in the JSR HD port. I still want it to happen, honestly; I'd be behind that push.

If Sega isn't working on a way to give us Shenmue 1&2 HD, idk what's going on. Between the massive demand and record breaking funding for 3 and their own statements that they want to give fans what they want, Shenmue basically needs to happen. Please Sega please

Spaghetti

*points at shenmue 3 KS* see that, sega? almost 55,000 people putting their money up-front for a third game to a series that hasn't seen the light in 14 years. unveiled at a major press conference. shenmue has had the most exposure it has ~ever~ seen. get on those fucking ports.

Balb

I think Sega will figure out the Shenmue licensing issues and find a way to release 1+2. JSRF...I don't know. JSR bombed and JSRF would do even worse than that sales-wise.

Just as long as they're not the people who put out the broken Crazy Taxi release.
I think Sega will figure out the Shenmue licensing issues and find a way to release 1+2. JSRF...I don't know. JSR bombed and JSRF would do even worse than that sales-wise.
They were in a phase of being at war with YouTubers. Total Biscuit refused to cover it. They have themselves to blame for that bomb.

Do they mean literal emulated versions or remasters? Cause Shenmue needs a bit of work for modern gamers, like improved controls.

I just wish we didn't have to exactly beg for it is all :/.

I do want JSRF on PC personally (of course the consoles as well) for people that didn't get to play it.

mattp

ive been saying this since the s3 kickstarter was announced, but man sega would be stupid to not announce shenmue 1/2 ports now
they will sell a ton to people who are curious about shenmue 3

I mean, if an insanely successful video game Kickstarter isn't enough of an indication that fans would like Shenmue, in any form, then I'm not sure why it's worth the effort to even ask Sega.

jett

D-Member
It's been too long since Sega released Valkyria Chronicles on Steam.

Where are the rest of the games, Sega!?

flattie

I hope Sega have got the sense to get Shenmue sorted, but I also hope for JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Skies would be welcome too.

I just wish we didn't have to exactly beg for it is all :/.

I do want JSRF on PC personally (of course the consoles as well) for people that didn't get to play it.

It's not begging, it's showing demand.

I highly doubt Sega believes there is a demand for JSRF when JSR sold so poorly on Steam...

Shenmue has a clear demand, but not any other game from Sega has it...

The world needs those games... Perhaps now that Sega has acknowledged that they have to win our trust again we can finally have those ports.

I would give almost anything for Bayonetta, Vanquish and Resonance of Fate for PC!

Heck, why don't we collect money via Kickstarter, go to Sega and tell them, here is X money, port us Y game?

daakusedo

Each time I had to download jet set radio, I had to use a hex editor to fix the save problem.
Don't know why they don't correct this.

Toki767

It's too bad all Sega's social media accounts ever do is talk about Sonic. Otherwise I'd have some hope that people asking them for more remasters would actually work.

dlauv

JSRF was 60 with fairly frequent slowdown (slow motion iirc).

Only on the 360 BC. The actual game on Xbox just had slowdown (or framedrops?) in busy areas that you may or may not be boosting in.

More importantly, I hope they fix the camera like they did with JSR's.

Top Bottom