• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlitWorks: Keep asking Sega if you want JSRF or Shenmue ports

jett

D-Member
Ports I would buy day one:

Vanquish
Bayonetta 1
Jet Set Radio Future

Shenmue 1/2 and Skies are maybes. I don't know how well those have aged, and I can hardly stand RPGS with random battles.

mattp

Ports I would buy day one:

Vanquish
Bayonetta 1
Jet Set Radio Future

Shenmue 1/2 and Skies are maybes. I don't know how well those have aged, and I can hardly stand RPGS with random battles.

you should probably steer clear of skies of arcadia then haha

Dunkley

Only on the 360 BC. The actual game on Xbox just had slowdown (or framedrops?) in busy areas that you may or may not be boosting in.

More importantly, I hope they fix the camera like they did with JSR's.

I once did a comparison video between 360 BC and the OG Xbox running JSRF, and turns out the slowdown is only on the 360 (among with some rendering issues).

The original game didn't have slowdown, or at least any noticable one having beaten JSRF on both platforms, instead just odd framedrops. Always seemed to me where those were in the original game, the 360 BC suffered from slowdown which made timing the tricks you could do on rails and in air very difficult since you couldn't do what the feature was designed for and do them to the beat of the music.

Honestly I'd love to see JSRF being ported to Steam or other platforms. I don't have my OG Xbox anymore and I'd love to roam around Tokyo-to without the game going bullet time as soon as I enter busier areas.

rjc571

Banned
I didn't buy JSR because I dont consider it a very good game.

But i would throw money at JSRF because it's the real deal

My thoughts exactly.

The original game didn't have slowdown, or at least any noticable one having beaten JSRF on both platforms, instead just odd framedrops.

I'm pretty sure it did slow down on the original Xbox. I seem to recall one area toward the end of the game where you have to boost grind up some giant twist statue thingy, which made the game run in slow motion.

Daingurse

what if they base it off Legends?

I mean it's less than the Dreamcast yeah, but it's still a lot. If the dude doesn't like random battles, probably going to find Skies hard to deal with. I love the game, one of my favorites of all time in-fact, but there's a lot of random battles lol. The ability to fly under or over the clouds later on, is such a fucking reward.

Even though I'd personally prefer getting VC2 and/or 3 on PC as a follow up to VC1's success, I'll gladly support any other ports of Sega classics to PC.

/signed. Well, if there's anything to sign other than the petition I already signed two years ago.

Ulme

Wow, that's some passion about SEGA classics right there! It's great seeing such eagerness to see classics like Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia or Jet Set Radio Future revived. No better way to ask for them than showing this much interest :)

I'd to thank you all of your dedicated support as well. We're always keeping an eye around here to see whatever you wanna tell us.

I hope you read the full linked article, there's a ton more comments about us and our work ;)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I want the version they had prepared for the 360.They don't need to do much work only to put the dreamcast version of shenmue in hd and profit.

I'll pay whatever sega wants from the ports but i need a shenmue1 & 2 in hd for the xbox one,ps4 and pc.No remasters/remakes or enhanced version give me the originals and i'm a happy person.

Did BlitWorks port Valkyria Chronicles to PC?

If not, who did? Sega themselves?

Another contractor, a UK developer I believe. Four person team.

I met the man behind the Chu Chu Rocket iOS port some time ago. It was a similar deal back then, very small team commissioned to do the port.

Okay, so...who in specific do I need to ask when I want some ports from SEGA? I would even send an old fashioned, handwritten mail if I need to.

Elija2

Wait, what I'm getting from this interview is that Sega didn't go to BlitWorks, but BlitWorks went to Sega. So Sega wasn't even gonna release JSR HD until these guys came along and showed them the work they had done? Damn, if only they had shown Sega a prototype of JSRF HD while they were at it, then we probably would have had it by now!

rjc571

Banned
On the subject of Jet Set Radio HD, what's the deal with this trailer? It shows the game running at 60 fps, even though the final game is locked at 30 on all platforms. Was this an official Sega trailer?

Komo

Banned
I'm sure that Shenmue and Jet Set Radio Future re-releases on Steam would be quite profitable to SEGA. Not Sonic levels of profit, but certainly a good amount.

Why don't they just do it?

That is quite literally the best song in the game.

8xFIpcP.jpg

Dunkley

I'm pretty sure it did slow down on the original Xbox. I seem to recall one area toward the end of the game where you have to boost grind up some giant twist statue thingy, which made the game run in slow motion.

Hmm, I didn't can't say I remember any notable slowdowns, but considering I was playing this alongside with it running on the 360 BC, I might have just forgotten and you are probably right.

Hmm, I didn't can't say I remember any notable slowdowns, but considering I was playing this alongside with it running on the 360 BC, I might have just forgotten and you are probably right.

JSRF on the Xbox did have a couple areas where the framerate drops were noticeable, but it was nothing like trying to play it on the 360's emulator.

If I remember correctly, the Pharaoh Park area had some framerate issues in the original Xbox version, as well as 99th street (which had the twisting statue mentioned above). I definitely don't remember it running in slow motion like the emulated version, but I do remember it was a slightly laggy/unresponsive in those areas.

Considering that the easiest way to play JSRF nowadays is the emulated 360 way, we really need it playable on some other platform, as the slow-motion lag from the emulator makes later areas (like Pharaoh Park) nearly unplayable.

Top Bottom