• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlitWorks: Keep asking Sega if you want JSRF or Shenmue ports

Problem is I'm kinda getting sick of begging Sega to do anything.

I thing it's a good idea to show them some money first. Collect it via a Kickstarter or something, contact SEGA and tell them to do X port.

We just need to know how much money (approximately) something like a (decent) Bayonetta PC port would take and then we can get things rolling.

KingJ2002

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD should be done... especially before the release of Shenmue 3.... or better yet... release a Shenmue collectors edition which comes with all 3 titles in a box set.

but as for JSR... i think a brand new title would be even better at this point.

master15

*points at shenmue 3 KS* see that, sega? almost 55,000 people putting their money up-front for a third game to a series that hasn't seen the light in 14 years. unveiled at a major press conference. shenmue has had the most exposure it has ~ever~ seen. get on those fucking ports.

But that would be far too logical of Sega to do...

There's the possibility for a Jet Set Radio compilation for PS4? For Skies of Arcadia Legends on anything else?

Must...resist...port begging.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How about whoever the fuck at Sega is responsible for projects just does this themselves rather than us having to steer the ship all the time?

They get given a ton of cash for Valkyria on PC, you'd like to think someone on the salary can do 2+2 level common sense shit.

RK128

Well, with Sega stating not that long ago that they want to win back the fans and release quality games again, I can see them going back to their history of games and porting them to the PS4, X1 and/or Wii U.

Shenmue Collection IS coming, as the moment the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter launched, I thought "Welp, guess the HD Collection will be coming next year to help hype up Shenume 3 :)". That isn't an unrealistic expectation to have and with the Kickstarter being so successful, Sega has the 'interest' in the series to warent for sorting out the liscencing issues to get the games on PS4/X1/Wii U.

JSRF is possible too, as is Skies of Arcadia, as both should be easy ports to make and even if they don't do super well, it will be a sign of good will to the fans in allowing them to experience the games again on new hardware :).

I jumped at the chance to get the 'Dreamcast Collection' (SA2, Jet Set Radio, Nights) the moment they came out because I want to play Sega's history of games, as I never owned a Dreamcast or Saturn (did play SA2 in the past on my GC though). I would buy JSRF, Shenmue Collection and Skies of Arcadia the moment they come out :D.

So, I hope this does happen :).

Jet Set Radio Future, Skies of Arcadia, and Shenmue are all among the best games of all time. I hope HD remasters can happen.

Subaru

Now I need to BEG Sega so they can release JSFR? =(

I mean it, I want it SOOOO badly, but this is bullshit, "keep asking".

I would like both of these, though I doubt either are coming to Vita if they did happen at all, which makes me interest die down a bit.

Plus, I'm not really sure I do want Jet Set Radio Future. Shenmue & Skies I'd take.

E92 M3

OMG - I would love for JSRF to have an HD remaster. I bought a console for that game.

Also willing to get all of the graffiti souls again :D

If being in the midst of all this Shenmue III hype doesn't convince Sega to somehow release the Shenmue remasters, then nothing will. MONEY ON THE TABLE GUYS! Strike while the iron is hot.

Xav

Jet Set Radio Future HD

8Cz3NmH.gif

FoneBone

It's been too long since Sega released Valkyria Chronicles on Steam.

Where are the rest of the games, Sega!?

Yeah... I had thought they were pretty happy with VC's PC sales, but there's been nothing to follow that up. Crossing my fingers for some announcements (*cough*Bayonetta*cough*Vanquish*cough*) by year's end.

Can I get a Chu Chu Rocket sequel? I would insta-buy at say, £7.99 or less, content dependant. Big Phil needs to get Summer of Arcade rolling again.

I wouldnt mind a shenmue 1 and 2 port that allowed saves to be carried over. Just so i could experience the disappointment first hand.

Who do I ask for JSRF, Skies, and Vanquish ports? I think Shenmue is at the very least being considered for a release, but the rest might require some actual requesting.

I wonder if they'll do another surprise fall release this year? last year was Valkyria, the year before was HotD Overkill...third time is the charm?

It's been too long since Sega released Valkyria Chronicles on Steam.

Where are the rest of the games, Sega!?

All I can think that's going on is SoA and SoE are hitting a brick wall with head office back in Japan.

I hope Sega have got the sense to get Shenmue sorted, but I also hope for JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Skies would be welcome too.

What I wouldn't give for those OG Xbox games to come to PC, but knowing Sega they've probably lost all the source code.

Problem is I'm kinda getting sick of begging Sega to do anything.

Seriously WTF Sega, it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to give you money. I'm sure somebody at Sega must know what games fans want by now. It's not as if they are short of suggestions every time one of these threads gets posted at least once a month.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nah. Don't beg for games.

If they can't see the obvious demand for a Shenmue 1+2 re-release after the last couple months, fuck 'em.

Top Bottom