• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike Back - S4 - The Final Season of Scott & Stonebridge in Cinemax's action show

Status
Not open for further replies.
iYy0QXv.jpg

Strike Back returns for a fourth and final season on Cinemax. The series will air on Friday night's starting July 31st. The show is looking to go out with a bang by using a variety of locations worldwide and a guest cast that includes Michelle Yeoh, Dustin Clare, Joseph Gatt, and Adrian Paul. Here's to one final run of Scott, Stonebridge, insane stunts, gunplay, and bromance.

If you're in the UK and have already seen the fourth season, please use spoiler tags to discuss anything that hasn't aired yet. Alternatively, you can make a new thread and talk about the season to your heart's content.

Trailers:
Production vids:
Cinemax said:
When Michael Stonebridge and Damien Scott of the elite British intelligence undercover unit Section 20 set out to crack a missing-persons case in Bangkok, they quickly realize that what seems to be a simple kidnapping is actually the first step in a massive terrorist plot with global implications. Stonebridge, Scott and the rest of their team soon find themselves crisscrossing Asia and Europe as they battle Japanese Yakuza, Russian Mafia, cyberterrorists, elite mercenaries and other deadly forces.

From the tropical beaches of Thailand to the towering peaks of the Swiss Alps, STRIKE BACK returns for its ten-episode, fourth and final season FRIDAY, JULY 31 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on CINEMAX. Philip Winchester (“24: Live Another Day,” “Undrafted,” the upcoming series “The Player”) returns as Michael Stonebridge and Sullivan Stapleton (“300: The Rise of an Empire,” “Gangster Squad,” the upcoming series “Blindspot”) returns as Damien Scott in the high-octane, action-fuelled series.

Shot on location in Hungary and Thailand, the fourth season of STRIKE BACK features nonstop twists and turns, as Scott (who’s also dealing with a life-changing personal matter) and Stonebridge find themselves in the eye of an escalating international political storm.

Also returning are Robson Green (“Wire in the Blood,” “Grantchester”), Michelle Lukes (“The Lost Legion,” “Doctors”) and Milauna Jackson (“Aquarius”) as Scott and Stonebridge’s Section 20 colleagues.

New cast members include Michelle Yeoh (“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II”), Dustin Clare (“Spartacus”), Will Yun Lee (“The Wolverine,” HBO’s “True Blood”), James Wilby (“Gosford Park”), Adrian Paul (“Highlander”), Joseph Gatt (HBO’s “Game of Thrones”; CINEMAX’s “Banshee”), Christian Antidormi (“Spartacus: War of the Damned”) and British mixed martial arts champion and UFC fighter Michael Bisping.

Other new cast members include Michael McElhatton (HBO’s “Game of Thrones”), Max Beesley (“Suits”), Tim McInnerny (“Notting Hill”), Leo Gregory (“Tristan and Isolde”), Mark Griffin (“Doctor Who”), Wolf Kahler (“Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows”), Andrew Pleavin (“300: Rise of an Empire”), Eliza Hope Bennett (“Nanny McPhee”) and Masa Yamaguchi (“The Wolverine”).

Season four episodes are directed by Michael J. Bassett (“Power,” the upcoming series “The Player” and “Blindspot”), who also serves as co-executive producer; Julian Holmes (“MI-5,” “Law & Order: UK”); and Brendan Maher (“The Passing Bells,” “Dirt Game”); and written by Bassett, Jack Lothian (“Doc Martin,” “Shameless”), James Dormer (“Outcast”), Richard Zajdli (“Tatau,” “EastEnders”), Ed Whitmore (“Silent Witness,” “Waking the Dead”) and Tim Vaughan (“The Last Detective,” “Family”).

fight45ms6a.gif
gunsgunsguns7as4d.gif

ss3f7k4d.gif
VMWw9YV.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
ss21ls3u.gif

Let's do it.

Edit:

Stare in awe at the cast of the final season.

New cast members include Michelle Yeoh (“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II”), Dustin Clare (“Spartacus”), Will Yun Lee (“The Wolverine,” HBO’s “True Blood”), James Wilby (“Gosford Park”), Adrian Paul (“Highlander”), Joseph Gatt (HBO’s “Game of Thrones”; CINEMAX’s “Banshee”), Christian Antidormi (“Spartacus: War of the Damned”) and British mixed martial arts champion and UFC fighter Michael Bisping.

Other new cast members include Michael McElhatton (HBO’s “Game of Thrones”), Max Beesley (“Suits”), Tim McInnerny (“Notting Hill”), Leo Gregory (“Tristan and Isolde”), Mark Griffin (“Doctor Who”), Wolf Kahler (“Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows”), Andrew Pleavin (“300: Rise of an Empire”), Eliza Hope Bennett (“Nanny McPhee”) and Masa Yamaguchi (“The Wolverine”).

Season four episodes are directed by Michael J. Bassett (“Power,” the upcoming series “The Player” and “Blindspot”), who also serves as co-executive producer; Julian Holmes (“MI-5,” “Law & Order: UK”); and Brendan Maher (“The Passing Bells,” “Dirt Game”); and written by Bassett, Jack Lothian (“Doc Martin,” “Shameless”), James Dormer (“Outcast”), Richard Zajdli (“Tatau,” “EastEnders”), Ed Whitmore (“Silent Witness,” “Waking the Dead”) and Tim Vaughan (“The Last Detective,” “Family”).

Look at it. LOOK AT IT. Lord Bolton, motherfucking Gannicus the motherfucking champion, the Albino from Banshee, Duncan MacLeod and that shitheel Tiberius Licinius Crassus.

Fuck.

I started watching this recently and it's ridiculous and over the top in all right ways. It's like watching a modern third person shooter. Something like Army of Two: Strike Back seems like a no brainer to me.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So excited for this! This summer has been extra shitty for television. Basically all I've had is Mr Robot, Another Period, and The Amazing Race Canada.

It'll live on through Ghost Recon: C O K E B O Y Z

If that game is even half of what was implied in that video then...phew. It will be an online mp classic

And yeah banshee is great ratsky but let's be real, sheriff hood can't mess with Scott and Stonebridge: blood bros

Current UK airing
some of the scenes kind of reminds me of 80s action
Van rams to barrels. EXPLOSION
I have a feeling Locke will die at the finale. Finale tends to have a death

Hystzen

It kind of not as violent or over the top as last season the action scenes so far up to episode 8 are bit more grounded. They still awesome but man Scott is crap this season Hood from Banshee could easily wreck him.

Seen the first three episodes of the final season. It's great fun, but Banshee is the better series.

Nothing touches characters like Job and Proctor or fight scenes like Burton versus Nola.

Sad to see it go though.

Okay, so this might seem like an odd question....

How were the nudity levels in this? I know some people were waiting for this to see if Cinemax had decided to scale back the nudity in their shows due to the whole Skinemax thing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So...was the UK version censored compared to what will be airing on Cinemax?

We won't know until the season airs in the US. (unless it's previously been stated in interviews)

Scott is crap this season Hood from Banshee could easily wreck him.

That's probably due to his unfortunate injury, no?

Okay, so this might seem like an odd question....

How were the nudity levels in this? I know some people were waiting for this to see if Cinemax had decided to scale back the nudity in their shows due to the whole Skinemax thing.

This isn't a thing.

- Onion A|V Club on S4:
Strike Back roars into its final season as fun and confident as ever

The rapport between Stonebridge and Scott remains the bedrock of the show, and that dynamic remains unshakeable going into their final mission. Winchester and Stapleton continue to be effortlessly charming together, men who’ve been through so many impossible situations that it’s second nature for them to crack wise in the middle of a scenario where survival is questionable. (That chemistry is so solid, in fact, that one hopes someone at NBC is smart enough to engineer as many crossovers between Blindspot and The Player as possible.)

Grade: A-

- Sepinwall interview: 'Strike Back' star Philip Winchester: 'Maybe I'm just stupid enough to enjoy it'
When the chance came up to do this show how is it that you wound up playing the English guy given that you are American and Sully is not?

Philip Winchester: I don't know if it had to do with the accent, or just our character. Sully is Scott, he just is. And I really enjoy finding the little nuances in Stonebridge building the machine that he was. I think it was just something Dan (Percival) saw when he put us in that chemistry test, it was just those two immovable objects dickering it out with each other, and I think it was life imitating art. We definitely bumped heads a bit, but what came out of it was this odd couple, and this great stressful relationship that was Scott and Stonebridge.
Lots of stunt discussion in the interview.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Just watched the final episodes. What a great way to end this show.

Now to buy all the seasons on BluRay and have a marathon...

IKizzLE

One of the greatest action shows to ever grace television.
Man, the body count was too high.

Looking back from Season 1-5, no one was safe lol.

Season premiere tonight:
Episode 1

Stonebridge, Scott and the rest of the team sign up for another do-or-die trying adventure, when the daughter of Thailand's British ambassador is kidnapped.

- NY Times: ‘Strike Back,’ on Cinemax, Returns to Overwhelm Bad Guys Everywhere
“Strike Back” returns on Sunday night for its fourth and final season on Cinemax, and it keeps to the rules it’s followed through the first three. Every 15 minutes or so there’s a loud, long gun battle, and once or twice an episode there’s a wholly gratuitous sex scene. Women do a fair bit of the fighting, but the heroes are a pair of white men who trade tender insults while mowing down stunning numbers of third world bad guys.
Se2WaVP.gif

- Maureen Ryan: 'Strike Back,' Nostalgia And Knowing When To Say Goodbye
By this point, you know what you’re getting with “Strike Back”: Globe-trotting adventure and espionage skulduggery; bone-crunching mayhem involving a crack special-ops team; two dudes who hide good hearts under their cynical exteriors (I love that Scott’s terms of endearment for his partner usually include the phrase “f*** you”); and a surprisingly smart take on the toll it takes to serve as the world’s unheralded trash collectors. Through it all, Scott’s post-gunplay activities remind us there’s no death or trauma that gauzily lit sexytimes can’t fix.

- WSJ: ‘Strike Back’ Review: Got Nukes? Kill You
The plot—absurd as it is that a handful of people would be alone and in charge of saving the world, or in an encounter between organizations named Section 20 and Office 39—has enough twists and momentum to keep you eager to know what happens next. What’s also cool, and helps further elevate “Strike Back” in its genre, is the artistic attention to detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom