• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PuniTy - Silent Hill P.T. recreation for PC/Mac/Linux

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
For my non-PS4 brethren who never had the chance to shit their pants before Konami decided we could not have good things, there's a relatively faithful 'remake' available for free download. Gave it a quick try on my own PC, and it looks pretty good and runs pretty well. And although it's obviously not a complete remake, it still has the creepy atmosphere of the original. Get it here before Konami have their knickers in a twist.

Read more: http://www.gamesradar.com/punity-pt-download-free/

Silent Hill pachinko me if old

A-V-B

Cute. It doesn't have the same buildup -- it kinda just rachets up right into it. But it's good to see PT getting some love.

Lebneney

Banned
can somebody post image of spooky ghost lady? I'll be the judge on the pooky factor

a97e7340ae263d8e7cef7f5b4d7e0635648785b0.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg

3pooky5me

A-V-B

Unity horror games >.<

The Steam greenlight PTSD kicking in.

Is it good?

It's a kind of ... medium-grade recreation of the demo, a good creation of the level itself, using some of PT's graphical assets and a lot of its sound effects. Totally missing the top notch directorial touch of Kojima and del Toro, but I don't think complete mimicry was the point.

213372bu

Banned
It's a kind of ... medium-grade recreation of the demo, a good creation of the level itself, using some of PT's graphical assets and a lot of its sound effects. Totally missing the top notch directorial touch of Kojima and del Toro, but I don't think complete mimicry was the point.

At least the progression is there, right?

IMO, if the red hallway isn't there, then it just isn't PT.

A-V-B

At least the progression there is right?

IMO, if the red hallway isn't there, then it just isn't PT.

The progression is sort of there, but it rachets up VERY quickly. It starts you off in the hallway, and shit immediately starts happening in the first loop. Like the twitching head of Lisa's shadow. That's there as soon as you start walking forward.

It's a very admirable thing, though.

213372bu

Banned
The progression is sort of there, but it rachets up VERY quickly. It starts you off in the hallway, and shit immediately starts happening in the first loop. Like the twitching head of Lisa's shadow. That's there as soon as you start walking forward.

Aww man, the first couple of times going through a regular hallway is what gave it its charm.

But yeah, the guy definitely put the work in, and if the intention was to help educate people using Unity, then, by all means, do it.

Drencrom

It's an admirable and great looking effort, but it's a long way from the same quality or as playable as the original.

Which reminds me, that I really have to backup my PS4 HDD one of these days...

magnumpy

it's too bad that "silent hills" is dead now with no hope of ever being finished :/

good on them for preserving what little there is of it though.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
it's too bad that "silent hills" is dead now with no hope of ever being finished :/

Silent Hill isn't dead. Here, have some Silent Hill 2 pachinko with Sexual Violence.

I'm going to have my ass full of sand over Konami killing Silent Hill for a long time. A very long time.

Umm... I went in expecting some excellent remodel or something.

What the fuck man. I can't do this. I could hardly get through the game on PS4 with just my TV speakers. I can't do this with headphones on.

Edit: Oh god, I was walking and there was a shadow on the wall that looked human but it was all twitchy. I can't figure out if it's me or not, and I'm not about to turn around. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Yeah. I'm done playing for now. Not dealing with this.

It's an admirable and great looking effort, but it's a long way from the same quality or as playable as the original.

Which reminds me, that I really have to backup my PS4 HDD one of these days...
I bought a 2tb USB hdd for exactly that purpose. It took over 24 hours to back up everything!

Ryuuga

Banned
All of my nopes. I finished the demo several times on PS4 and just couldn't ...here. It ramps up so quickly my nerves retired.

I just tried it out, and it's a nice start. Obviously not as creepy or pretty as PT was, but definitely better than nothing. I have a good feeling that someone is going to pick this up and run with it.

low-G

Someone eventually will nail the graphics & go further.

I really think what made P.T. so scary, for me at least, was it looked damn near photoreal all the time. Completely got my suspension of disbelief.

You gotta get the lighting & everything just right.

Part of the reason I wasn't too broken up about the cancellation of Silent Hills is no way the whole game was going to be THAT. Yet, the P.T. demo, only MORE, and perhaps even more real looking is what I WANT.

(original PT brightened, you can hardly beat these visuals:
KrhdC3a.jpg
)

Would be great if the guy publish the source code and other people could finish it to mirror the original.

Great effort by the way.

dcelw540

maybe I'm mistaken but isn't there another version or game similar to this that was shown like a month ago that looked amazing?

KillySG10

Neo Member
I think this is a great attempt to recreate PT, it'll never have quite the same look as on the fox engine, but, its a valiant attempt.

I have to wonder though, is it possible to extract the files from the original pt, and possibly mod them into ground zeroes on pc, as they both run on fox engine? (i should probably say i have literally no idea how modding works so, this question may be the stupidest possible to people in the know, but im just curious)

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Konami deleting PT from the PSN store is still the most childish thing.
We don't know what happened, but someone is fucking responsible for P.T. being removed from the PSN store. Whether that was Konami, or Kojima telling them he doesn't want his shit under their publishing name. Whoever that person is, whoever made that decision, is a complete asshole.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That's one way of game preservation. Just reverse engineer the entire damn game.

Top Bottom