• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store: July's Top Sellers (NA)

Via PS Blog

PS4 Games
1 Journey
2 Bastion
3 Batman: Arkham Knight
4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
5 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
6 Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
7 God of War III Remastered
8 Grand Theft Auto V
9 EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR
10 EA SPORTS UFC
11 Mortal Kombat X
12 DRIVECLUB
13 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
14 J-STARS Victory VS+
15 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
16 Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
17 Transistor
18 Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
19 FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
20 Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
PS3 Games
1 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
2 Mortal Kombat
3 J-STARS Victory VS+
4 Grand Theft Auto V
5 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
6 Batman: Arkham Origins
7 The Last of Us: Left Behind Stand Alone
8 The Last Of Us
9 Gran Turismo 6
10 Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
11 Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
12 Resonance of Fate
13 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
14 Battlefield 4
15 inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
16 Terraria
17 Borderlands
18 Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut
19 Midnight Club L.A. Complete Edition
20 BioShock Infinite

PS Vita Games
1 J-STARS Victory VS+
2 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
3 Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1
4 Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
5 Mortal Kombat PS Vita
6 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
7 Don’t Starve: Giant Edition
8 Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star
9 Guacamelee!
10 Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition
PS Classics
1 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
2 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
3 Bully
4 The Warriors
5 FINAL FANTASY VII
6 STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3
7 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
8 BREATH OF FIRE IV
9 Pocket Fighter
10 Street Fighter Alpha 2

EU Blog
PS4
Journey (New)
God of War III Remastered (New)
Minecraft (7)
Driveclub (RE)
Life is Strange (New)
F1 2015 (New)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (New)
Batman: Arkham Knight (2)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (RE)
Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
FIFA 15 (5)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (RE)
Mortal Kombat X (RE)
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (New)
Bastion (RE)
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (1)
Metal Slug 3 (RE)
Grand Theft Auto V (20)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (RE)

PS Vita

Minecraft (2)
Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (RE)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (3)
FIFA 15 (1)
J-Stars Victory VS+ (New)
Terraria (RE)
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (RE)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (12)
Killzone Mercenary (RE)
Grim Fandango Remastered (RE)
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (6)
Unit 13 (RE)
GTA: Liberty City Stories [PSP] (RE)
Valkyria Chronicles II [PSP] (10)
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles [PSP] (11)
Tekken 6 [PSP] (RE)
LEGO Jurassic World (New)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories [PSP] (RE)
Persona 4 Golden (RE)
Soul Sacrifice Delta (RE)

A lot of games helped out by the deep summer sales last month. J-Stars' performance is very impressive. And on a personal note, Ar nosurge sneaking into the Vita top 10 is amazing.

bigkrev

I quadruple-dipped for PS4 Bastian when it was deeply discounted a few weeks ago. Guess I wasn't the only one!

Woah J-Stars did really well. I wanna know the numbers behind that game in the West. The Shounen Jump love is real and the game itself is even missing the current major JUMP series as well (Hero Academia, World Trigger, Shokugeki no Soma).

Valkyria Chronicles II [PSP] (10)

Well there's a name I've not seen in awhile. Weird to see it actually make a chart not called "Worst Sequels". Did VC1's PC release have anything to do with this - And was this made available on the Vita PSN store? Last I remember it required transferring from a PS3.

Also what's with the Parathesis'd numbers and (RE)'s?

Takao

Banned
Well there's a name I've not seen in awhile. Weird to see it actually make a chart not called "Worst Sequels". Did VC1's PC release have anything to do with this - And was this made available on the Vita PSN store? Last I remember it required transferring from a PS3.

Also what's with the Parathesis'd numbers and (RE)'s?

In EU, VC2 is directly downloadable on Vita.

RE= re-entry, as in a game that was absent from last month's chart but returned. Numbers in brackets are the game's ranking last month.

Valnen

Well one was free for previous PS3 owners (Do 'free' downloads still count as a sale though?) and the other one had a pretty huge discount. Still, it's nice to see them up there.

I think you still had to "buy" the game for $0 to download it, so maybe.

In EU, VC2 is directly downloadable on Vita.

RE= re-entry, as in a game that was absent from last month's chart but returned. Numbers in brackets are the game's ranking last month.

Bloody hell, VC2 was all the way up to No.10 last month?

Jesus H. Christ, last I remember, VC2 was an embarrassing flop. How'd it get these legs suddenly?

I know it was free, but the complete lack of people actually outright buying Rocket League... :(

If you have a game on PS Plus while sub is active, it doesn't even let you buy it!

It just says free. You have to wait for your sub to lapse, I guess it could cause server errors. Big misstep to take away a choice like that

A.J.

Banned
Woah J-Stars did really well. I wanna know the numbers behind that game in the West. The Shounen Jump love is real and the game itself is even missing the current major JUMP series as well (Hero Academia, World Trigger, Shokugeki no Soma).

I'd kill to have Osamu/Yuma and Deku/Bakugou DLC packs

I know it was free, but the complete lack of people actually outright buying Rocket League... :(

Do PS+ games ever chart?

Well one was free for previous PS3 owners (Do 'free' downloads still count as a sale though?) and the other one had a pretty huge discount. Still, it's nice to see them up there.

I would guess that free downloads of Journey count towards this, but I could be wrong. It's cool that so many people go Bastion even if it was only ~$3.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

It would make no sense for anyone to buy rocket league on ps4 last month. It's basically a multiplayer only game that was free if you had the ability to play multiplayer online.

It sold a ton on steam.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hopefully rocket league gets another bump once they patch in pc/ps4 party support. right now cross-platform play doesn't mean that much if you can't actually party up with your friends on the other platform.

Never hurts to support the devs of a game you love. Never.

you're a better man than most of us. your average consumer just doesn't think this way.

Three

It would make no sense for anyone to buy rocket league on ps4 last month. It's basically a multiplayer only game that was free if you had the ability to play multiplayer online.

It sold a ton on steam.

It's not just a multiplayer game but yeah it's free so it would only be bought by those without PS+. I guess most PS4 owners have plus so the likelihood of it charting is low. Driveclub also got a big boost compared to June.

Khrae

EU PSN has been having a sale for weeks, all the random old stuff like VC2 was on sale for £3 or so - hence its odd resurgence

Ihyll

God damn at Grand Theft Auto still making the top 10...that game has some serious legs under it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It's not just a multiplayer game but yeah it's free so it would only be bought by those without PS+. I guess most PS4 owners have plus so the likelihood of it charting is low. Driveclub also got a big boost compared to June.

The single player component is just bot matches and a training mode. It's obviously heavily focused on online multiplayer.

Top Bottom