• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store: July's Top Sellers (NA)

As far as I know, FFVII usually isn't even the best selling PS1 Final Fantasy on PSN.

January
FF7 - 1
FF9 - 2
FF8 - 3

February
FF7 - 10

March
None

April
FF7 - 8

May
FF7 - 4
FF9 - 8

June
FF7 - 1
FF9 - 5

July
FF7 - 5

The only time FF7 usually drops off the charts is when there's a big sale on other games (like in March when there was a sub-$1 sale).

klee123

It's crazy to see FF7 constantly in the charts.

It's like if there are people out there who have still yet to buy it lol. Game must be piss easy money for S-E

I predict the same thing will happen when the eventual PC port hits PS4.

Three

The single player component is just bot matches and a training mode. It's obviously heavily focused on online multiplayer.

Well yeah they would obviously have to be bots haha, but there is a season and other single player components in the game. Multiplayer is definitely the main draw though.

Jin_7

EU store classics for July 2015:

01 - Crash Bandicoot 3 (6)
02 - Suikoden II (1)
03 - Crash Bandicoot (7)
04 - Crash Bandicoot 2 (8)
05 - MGS (4)
06 - CTR (10)
07 - Suikoden (3)
08 - GTA: San Andreas (re)
09 - FFVII (2)
10 - SotN (re)

It's crazy to see FF7 constantly in the charts.

It's like if there are people out there who have still yet to buy it lol. Game must be piss easy money for S-E

I predict the same thing will happen when the eventual PC port hits PS4.

Oh, you can bet that it's going to stick on the PS4 charts. FF7 with trophies! That says it all. :p

02 - Suikoden II (1)
03 - Crash Bandicoot (7)
05 - MGS (4)
06 - CTR (10)
07 - Suikoden (3)
09 - FFVII (2)
10 - SotN (re)
Damn good set of games there.

Jigorath

Banned

02 - Suikoden II (1)
03 - Crash Bandicoot (7)
05 - MGS (4)
06 - CTR (10)
07 - Suikoden (3)
09 - FFVII (2)
10 - SotN (re)

So Suikoden Pachislot when?

January
FF7 - 1
FF9 - 2
FF8 - 3

February
FF7 - 10

March
None

April
FF7 - 8

May
FF7 - 4
FF9 - 8

June
FF7 - 1
FF9 - 5

July
FF7 - 5

The only time FF7 usually drops off the charts is when there's a big sale on other games (like in March when there was a sub-$1 sale).
Yeah, I suspected as much.
No wonder Square is releasing the PS4 port.

Alo0oy

Banned
Well one was free for previous PS3 owners (Do 'free' downloads still count as a sale though?) and the other one had a pretty huge discount. Still, it's nice to see them up there.

I think you still had to "buy" the game for $0 to download it, so maybe.

I bought it the second it went live.

It wouldn't count cross-buy downloads as new purchases, right? Not sure how that works for newly added games.

Free games shouldn't count, otherwise Rocket League would be #1 on PS4 with 4.5m downloads.

Well, yes. That's how it works in movies too. Sony Pictures & Fox distribute independent movies too.

I don't think it works like that though if Sony & Fox are funding those movies though, surely?! For instance, Bad Robot Productions made the two recent Star Trek films, but they are owned and funded by Paramount - does this make them indie movies?

EDIT - by 'they', I mean the IP and the films are owned by Paramount. Bad Robot are privately/independently owned.

Alo0oy

Banned
I don't think it works like that though if Sony & Fox are funding those movies though, surely?! For instance, Bad Robot Productions made the two recent Star Trek films, but they are owned and funded by Paramount - does this make them indie movies?

EDIT - by 'they', I mean the IP and the films are owned by Paramount. Bad Robot are privately/independently owned.

They can be both, I personally think the term "indie games/movies" is outdated, but under the current definition, indie games or indie movies only need to be made by independent studios to be considered "indie".

It have been 6 years and FFVII still manage to be in top 10... amazing.

Shows you how the name still draw new players, I know many who still bought it for the first time on the PSN after all the good word of mouth they've heard.

And Journey... it was a smart moves from SONY to remaster the game.

Walpurgis

Banned
Very surprised at J-Stars Vs+ sales on PS3 and Vita. Unsurprised at the PS4 sales though. :p

I hope they make a sequel with the production values and quality of a Ninja Storm game or Xenoverse. From the impressions that I have read, J-Stars is cheaply made and of low quality, even for a shounen fighter. It's sad because I've been dreaming to play a game of this sort since Jump Stars was never localised. I still intend to buy this but at a highly reduced price point.

They can be both, I personally think the term "indie games/movies" is outdated, but under the current definition, indie games or indie movies only need to be made by independent studios to be considered "indie".

Lol. I totally disagree. Quantum Break is not indie, Ratchet & Clank is not indie and Star Trek certainly ain't indie.

But I do agree that the lines to its use have become pretty blurred.

Takao

Banned
Free games shouldn't count, otherwise Rocket League would be #1 on PS4 with 4.5m downloads.

That's different, though. Journey being "free" for people is a result of them having bought the game on PS3 years ago. Rocket League was part of PS+ and those have never been represented on the charts.

Top Bottom