• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Free Weekend On Xbox One & PC, DLC Free Weekend For All

Chris1

http://evolvegame.com/news/evolve-free-weekend-and-meteor-goliath-release

We’re very excited to announce that Evolve will be playable for free this weekend on Xbox One and PC. You can experience everything Evolve has to offer: Four Monsters, 18 Hunters across four unique classes, five game modes, 19 maps, and the newly released Hunt 2.0 - all playable for free this weekend.

Already own Evolve? Try the DLC for FREE

Also this weekend, all Evolve players can experience the currently available DLC characters for free on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Starting at 12:01 AM PT on September 4, 2015 all Evolve players will gain access to the playable characters included in Evolve Hunting Season 1 and the playable Behemoth Monster for 24 hours. Starting at 12:01 AM PT on September 5, 2015, all Evolve players will gain access to the available playable characters from Evolve Hunting Season 2 for 24 hours.

In addition to the Evolve free weekend, the infamous Meteor Goliath (details below) will be made permanently available to all Evolve players, dropping absolutely free of charge on September 3rd, 2015.

Guess I'll finally try it out, can't say no to free.

dex3108

This post says everything

emHZt8b.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well I mean if everyone has beaten MGSV by the weekend.

Hah. Funny guy.

I think the better response is:

"Well, I mean if everyone hasn't ground out Motherbase coins for their F.O.B.'s by the weekend..."

This is very cool. Played the game a ton on release (rented), but never decided to buy it cause there seemed to be to much "needed" dlc. Would love to try the dlc characters for free this weekend

This post says everything

At+least+you+ve+come+to+terms+with+your+disability+_9867db3a11b48d70d5fa90bb4934a538.gif

I really wanted to like this game, and from the little I played it was a lot of fun. But the fact that one shitty player across all 5 players can make the game terrible really sucks. Shitty monster? Games over in 5 mins. Shitty teammate? Games over in 5 mins. Not really fun in my opinion. I really wish it had a campaign too. Hopefully we get an Evolve2 with some much needed improvements or they embrace f2p and do well, it's price structure was terrible at launch and turned off a lof of people.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I have to give it to them for continuing to try and squeeze blood out of this stone. Evolve's been struggling since before it even came out, and I can't imagine the number of DLC purchases has really done anything but light fires under asses at 2K.

Unfortunately, the game just doesn't feel as slick or powerful as it should, and no manner of free play is going to be able to fix that. Core systems need to be re-evaulated and overhauled to provide a much cleaner and more reactive experience before it has a chance at catching on.

For all the hype this game was supposedly getting before it released, it sure crashed fast and hard.

So, would this game be the definition of "manufactured hype"?

For all the hype this game was supposedly getting before it released, it sure crashed fast and hard.

So, would this game be the definition of "manufactured hype"?

Dunno if I'd say manufactured hype.

The core of the game was pretty good in my opinion, it was everything else that was shit.

You couldn't be the monster if you played with friends in public games which is 100% of the reason why I didn't buy the game.

Also the way DLC was handled was atrocious. I don't mind selling cosmetics in exchange for being able to do free maps but Evolve's DLC was price gouging at its finest, especially when it came to characters/monsters.

At+least+you+ve+come+to+terms+with+your+disability+_9867db3a11b48d70d5fa90bb4934a538.gif

I really wanted to like this game, and from the little I played it was a lot of fun. But the fact that one shitty player across all 5 players can make the game terrible really sucks. Shitty monster? Games over in 5 mins. Shitty teammate? Games over in 5 mins. Not really fun in my opinion. I really wish it had a campaign too. Hopefully we get an Evolve2 with some much needed improvements or they embrace f2p and do well, it's price structure was terrible at launch and turned off a lof of people.

The example of the multiplayer being the campaign, i.e. Titanfall, is what has me scared of Rainbow Six and Battlefront. I mean FU Peter Moore, I love SP campaigns as much as MP.

PaypayTR

Banned
61 GB for 2 days. Yikes god no.

They should create weekend build come on nobody going to download 60GB for 3 days

brb i am already at MGS5 though i would like try game

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
That's nice of them, but I don't even feel it's worth my HDD space. Do the free trials sooner, not when your game is dead.

The example of the multiplayer being the campaign, i.e. Titanfall, is what has me scared of Rainbow Six and Battlefront. I mean FU Peter Moore, I love SP campaigns as much as MP.

Can't say I blame ya. I was disappointed by the lack of a campaign in Titanfall and Rainbow Six, especially considering how good some of the R6 campaigns were in previous titles. And it's Bantha poodoo that Battlefront won't have a campaign, but it looks so damn good.

Dunno if I'd say manufactured hype.

The core of the game was pretty good in my opinion, it was everything else that was shit.

You couldn't be the monster if you played with friends in public games which is 100% of the reason why I didn't buy the game.

Also the way DLC was handled was atrocious. I don't mind selling cosmetics in exchange for being able to do free maps but Evolve's DLC was price gouging at its finest, especially when it came to characters/monsters.

Wow, I didn't know about this.

My friends and I were considering getting the game, but the fact that you had to pre-order the game to get access to one of the monsters was garbage. And then the whole season pass was confusing since it wouldn't contain the monsters, and was a complete rip-off.

61 GB for 2 days. Yikes god no.

61 GB?! Yeah, I was going to try it, but not anymore. I'm not downloading that much for 2-3 days of play.

Meanwhile.

rfQ18rv.jpg

Even ignoring the all time number. The fact that this many people are still playing makes me happy.

I've really enjoyed L4D2 over the years. It always seems everytime I get the itch to reinstall there is always fun people to play with and new shit to see. It has been a great game with a fantastic community in my opinion. Though I can't really speak to the vs. modes as I only ever played coop.

Top Bottom