• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Free Weekend On Xbox One & PC, DLC Free Weekend For All

Trace

Banned
The only way this game will ever be saved is to make the base game free. Then maybe the DLC would be worth it.

Ryuuga

Banned
eko2ik5g9pqa.gif

I've really enjoyed L4D2 over the years. It always seems everytime I get the itch to reinstall there is always fun people to play with and new shit to see. It has been a great game with a fantastic community in my opinion. Though I can't really speak to the vs. modes as I only ever played coop.

You're missing out. Playing vs with some friends is a ton of fun. Realism Vs is the bomb

Timu

For all the hype this game was supposedly getting before it released, it sure crashed fast and hard.

So, would this game be the definition of "manufactured hype"?
Yes, the game was nothing special and yet they hyped it up to be so amazing, not surprised it's going down like this with the community once they see what the game had to offer.

Illucio

Banned
Still super interested in the game, but then again I'm still super uninterested in all the DLC bull crap. I wish I could had spent $60 for the game and all it's DLC content and call it a day. :/

Rokal

Still super interested in the game, but then again I'm still super uninterested in all the DLC bull crap. I wish I could had spent $60 for the game and all it's DLC content and call it a day. :/

They've got a "PC Monster Race" edition on Steam on sale for $40 that seems to come with almost everything short of the the cosmetic stuff. If your complaint is that the DLC scheme is gross, or that the game population is still going to be non-existent after this weekend, that probably won't help though.

k30

Neo Member
Yes, the game was nothing special and yet they hyped it up to be so amazing, not surprised it's going down like this with the community once they see what the game had to offer.

Despite some poor business side decisions, the game is definitely something special. It probably would have helped to be in Early Access for a little while (cut down on bugs and work on balance) or make that f2p jump, but design and gameplay wise it's wonderful.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Did they ever address the Wraith? That thing is what made me eventually stop playing the game. I just wasn't motivated to figure out proper strategies to fight it, and at the end it seemed like that was the only monster people would pick.

BokehKing

Banned
If they made lfd3 instead, it would probably be the most played game across all consoles

Too bad most lobbies went like this

Player 1: please don't let me be the monster
Player 2: please don't let me be the monster
Player 3: please don't let me be the monster
Player 4: please don't let me be the monster

Player 3: FUCK, I'm the monster (rage quits)

kevin1025

Banned
You know the game's in serious trouble when it's a free weekend and it's taking a half hour to find players for an "any mode" match...

Timu

Despite some poor business side decisions, the game is definitely something special. It probably would have helped to be in Early Access for a little while (cut down on bugs and work on balance) or make that f2p jump, but design and gameplay wise it's wonderful.
From what I played it wasn't to me, seemed like a game that wasn't going to be big anyways for the community, and it shows.

Also, I love how matches can either end quickly or last forever, such great balancing between the monster and the hunters.=p

I loved left4dead and played it for months. Versus mode was incredible and some of the most fun I've ever had gaming with friends.

Tried this yesterday and it's just complete garbage, I can see why noone plays it.
Combat sucks, movement sucks, the gameplay loop of chasing the monster for 5-10 mins to then fight it (again combat sucks) sucks.

I'm glad they chopped the game up into DLC, because it stopped me from buying it. That's some buyer's remorse bullet I dodged.

Brannon

On this glorious weekend...

You could ride through a sandstorm and come out shiny and chrome.

or

You could ride through a sandstorm and come out pooping on C4 on command.

or

You could play Evolve.

I'm not saying anything.

I'm just saying.

Klyka

Banned
Well the game went from 400 current players to almost 10k current players right now,so I guess at least a couple people are giving it a chance.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man I just don't get this game. Its confusing, boring. Just played few matches. Did not know wtf was going on. I was the monster (Not by choice). And everyone just attacking me, I did the monster tutorial, so I am trying to hit them back. Its just I don't know how to put it into words but so fucking weird.

gamma

Ok, I want to like this game but it fucking sucks. Every fucking game is like a total stomp. Either the monster just kills everyone or gets completely destroyed. I've yet so see a balanced match. And it's always like a 10 minute wait for a short match thats not fun at all.

kevin1025

Banned
Ok, I want to like this game but it fucking sucks. Every fucking game is like a total stomp. Either the monster just kills everyone or gets completely destroyed. I've yet so see a balanced match. And it's always like a 10 minute wait for a short match thats not fun at all.

Pretty much. I put my preference as Medic first, and Monster fifth (last), played three matches as monster. Cool odds, I guess? Plus when I tried to quit the game, it won't go back to the Home screen. Had to hard reset my console, and it's happened twice now. This game wants to be kept on forever!

Top Bottom