• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6 - official JP site open, screenshots, art

GSR

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/
http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/ttl_gs.html

rUttIlP.jpg

mNZG02L.jpg

While there's no particular new info on the site, the TGS page notes there will be a playable demo and live-streamed stage shows, as well as the traditional Special Court skit video.

From Famitsu:

From Bolt's post:

- Phoenix travels to a foreign country "for a certain goal".
- The country has no defence attorneys and judges rely on "oracles of spirits" to deliver verdicts.
- A tour guide called Bokuto Tsuani is on trial and Phoenix jumps in to defend him at the last minute (this is likely the first case).
- The mysterious woman is not a prosecutor, witness or a judge but is the "key person" like Athena in Dual Destinies, and serves a "fourth role" in court. It's not clarified if she's Phoenix's assistant.
- New "Water Mirror" mechanic in the courtroom that is not explained.
- There are other small changes in the courtroom which are not specified, but the "usual rules won't apply".
- The basis of Phoenix going to a different country was that the developers thought that no prosecutor in Japanifornia could stand up to Phoenix, and that a country that "doesn't need" attorneys would help create a sense of "turnabout" in trials
- Option to enable/disable hints
- Less obvious clues to solutions.
- Developers want to betray players expectations in a good way.

(Quoting a summary of a summary I wrote of an article in a magazine. Weird.)

Slightly oversaturated screens from 4Gamer

Hey, that's not my Maa-Ya!

So, uh, will that boy be the Resident Perky Young Assistant(tm)? At least it's not another prodigy girl.

The standing pose Phoenix is in on the site has an aggressive tone to it, I like it.
half-expecting a Stand to pop out

Sami+

Character designs are ok. But I'm passing on this. Didn't like AA5, and I was really excited for Shu Takumi's game that we now know isn't ever coming.

Salsa

real talk:

I love Maya Fey obv

but

did not care that much for the Kurain Village trial

idk about banking on the supernatural aspect this hard

that + no Shu + the bummer of confirmed no Great Ace Attorney = im surprisingly not all hype cilinders on this.

edit: and I liked AA5 a lot

Deft Beck

I am happy that we are getting this game, but it is ironic that we are getting a mainline game without the original writer involved, while not getting a spinoff he is focusing on.

I really should play more AA. I've played the first game twice but only got to the circus trial in AA2 and kinda stopped there. The iOS port is pretty rough in places.
Though I wish they'd port AA4 to mobile already.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not against spirit channeling, but the story is pretty played out. It got a trilogy - along with Phoenix... - and I'm not sure I needed a game devoted to spirits just as an excuse to bring back Maya as fan service. Those stories are done. We'll see, maybe they'll do it justice. I'm sure it won't be bad.

mdubs

Banned
That doesn't look like my girl Athena.

Waiting for the return of the based one
Bobby Fulbright

HardRojo

No amount of content is going to get me excited until they confirm a physical release overseas and pulling a 180 on their GAA comments.

FluxWaveZ

Even Phoenix's outfit is getting more costume like with every entry, grah!
He's a dude in a suit. He's a lawyer, so he wears a suit. That's the character design

Literally nothing has been added since AA5.

announcement is just lacking a reveal of this caliber:

fuck man I lost my shit

Yeah, that was an amazing reveal. Turned out to hold true to him becoming a better character in AA5, too.

There's not really something quite like that for AA6 yet.

GamerJM

Banned
This is gonna sound weird but this game is giving me a spin-off vibe the more I look at it

The premise just seems pretty out-there even for an Ace Attorney game

takoyaki

Info from the capcom link GSR posted:

The game takes place in a foreign country where lawyers don’t exist and there will be trials like you’ve never seen before.

Phoenix Wright get’s invited to visits this country. the boy in the screenshot is called “Bokuto Tsuaani” , he’s a lively monk apprentice and also a tour guide for Phoenix. He likes to talk a lot about his country.

my guess: Bokuto could be the Mayoi/Maya/Luke/Holmes/Susato of this game.

Top Bottom