• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Prologue Chapter announced - KH 3D HD + KH 0.2 BbS (PS4)

Announced at SCEJA conference. Coming 2016.

khdddps4lppjv.png

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Coming To The PlayStation®4 System

LOS ANGELES (Sept. 15, 2015) – SQUARE ENIX® and Disney Interactive today revealed that development has begun on KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, a compilation that brings the popular KINGDOM HEARTS [Dream Drop Distance] to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system platform remastered in high definition.

Originally released in 2012, KINGDOM HEARTS [Dream Drop Distance] HD is a full-HD remastered version of KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]. Series protagonists Sora and Riku take on the Mark of Mastery exam in preparation for coming threats. The signature action of the KINGDOM HEARTS series has evolved, allowing players to experience faster-paced battles and exploration at a blistering pace.

This newly remastered title also features:
· KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –
o A completely new playable episode that links to the story of KINGDOM HEARTS III, taking place after the storyline of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep played from the perspective of Aqua.

· KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover (movie)
o A new HD movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers, connecting the earliest parts of the series’ history, showcased in the upcoming mobile title KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ[chi].

The new announcement trailer will debut on the official KINGDOM HEARTS YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/KingdomHearts ) on Thursday, Sept. 17.

w2m9owh.jpg

KH2.8_DDD_Sep152015_01.jpg

KH2.8_DDD_Sep152015_03.jpg

KH2.8_DDD_Sep152015_04.jpg

w424r1m.jpg

w582r9c.jpg

Shun

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 ����������������

3 - 0.2 = 2.8

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 😂😭😂😭😂😭
Did they really name it this? Goddamn it Square.

Oh includes BBS HD too... Well I suppose KH1 and 2 should show up soon right? Even with HD collections they can't keep the series on one goddamn platform.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
2.9 will be KH chi

Edit: I guess not

Shojx

I kind of expected the short episode / chapter at the end.

Funny it's actually 2.8 though. Oh, sorry, II.8.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
What are the other two? Also I've seen kh3 graphics. .. In that birth by sleep new episode. Freaking cool.

LAA

Ha ha had to laugh when it was called 2.8. Does this mean a 2.9 with EVERYTHING is coming?

That said very hyped for this, BBS chapter 2 I'm guessing is the fragmentary passage and will give us a taste of KH3 visuals :D

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is this a remaster collection, this is all very confusing.

Shun

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 - KINGDOM HEARTS BIRTH BY SLEEP 0.3 = KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8

😂😭😂😭😂😭😂😭 I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW IT'S TOO MUCH.

lol at everyone surprised by the name.

Have we forgotten that this company has given us the following game titles:
Kingdom Hearts 258/2 days
Final Fantasy X-2

DDD HD was nice. Everything after was one hell of a curveball, though.

The Aqua bit looked like they were completely remaking the secret episode from Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

Mortemis

Banned
This announcement couldn't have come at a better time. I just got done with the HD remixes, was about to get it on 3DS.

I've heard a lot of complaints about DDD, lets see if this is just a remaster or if they put some effort into reworking some of the game like flow motion.

Top Bottom