• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa Scarlet Grace (Square Enix) gets first trailer, delayed to 2016, PS Vita

TRAILER!

1zTDEJj.png

Pretty hype.

Completely new! Vita lives!

Was announced earlier in the year, solely with the working title SaGa 2015.

I'm not overdoing the threads, am I?

I'm a fan of the character designs we've seen in this trailer... Hope that art style transfers well to the Vita. :)

Soriku

Kinda surprised it's not also on PS4 considering everything else is as well. Including Danganronpa 3 lol.

Would of liked to actually see some game footage, but thankfully it's still a thing.

I like the two character designs they showed.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Calling that a trailer is really a big stretch... Well at least the game is still alive.

randomkid

Yeah it woulda been nice to actually see something but I'm just happy Tomomi is steady keeping the 90s alive on her own. That dude looks great!

Hope the artwork is supplanted into a cel shaded style like the new Dragon Quest. Such beautiful artwork shouldn't go to waste on yet another chibi-fied style, since there's enough of those games around.

Some Nobody

Don't worry, a year from now they'll show off the game again and it'll also be available for PS4.

Shocked that didn't happen to begin with. Then again, this is barely a trailer--on par with Project Setsuna's reveal. I get the feeling that not much work had been done on the title when it was first announced.

Either way, there's a good chance that by the time they're giving us actual info, this game will be on the PS4 too.

Nimby

Banned
Name is kinda weird. Since SaGa is so unpopular in the west maybe it would best to drop the name and market it as a new JRPG? Assuming it comes over obviously.

duckroll

What type of game is it? Turn based?

Should be like every other proper SaGa game - A bunch of characters you can choose from, each with their own personal scenario. A main plot that ties everything together. Turn based battles.

For this one it has 3D graphics and it's made in Unity.

Love the art style. New this was getting delayed though. Hopefully it gets ported to the PS4 as well. Really don't want to get a Vita for this one game.

Name is kinda weird. Since SaGa is so unpopular in the west maybe it would best to drop the name and market it as a new JRPG? Assuming it comes over obviously.

Yeah I always liked how the SaGa games kept to relatively simple naming patterns. "SaGa Scarlet Grace" is quite something else.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Music is good so I might be getting this based on gameplay. Something tells me that if it releases too late we might end up with a Type-0 situation again. :(

Top Bottom