• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Minna No Golf (Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf) announced for PS4

Someone PM'd me asking me to make this thread, so I searched and nothing showed up.

Trailer can be found here.

During the stream the presenter said that they're looking to take the series back to the roots of the original games, but there also seems to be a focus on a hub world/character customization?

Looks fairly neat, albeit low budget. Surprised it's not hitting Vita and/or PS3, too.

Bogey if old.

The avatars looked like a mix of Microsoft's avatars and Mii's, all in one package. It didn't look all that great to be honest, though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I almost can't get over the characters. They are just so ugly. Almost literally what it would look like if a Mii had sex with an Xbox avatar. I loved the characterisation of the previous games.

and 'entertainment title' worries me. As long as they have some good core golfing in there that is fine, but if that gets diluted even a tiny bit in favour of other stuff I'll be sad.

- kart racing
- jogging?
- fishing
- sky diving

Ostinatto

So i can watch others play online from my character's perspective in real time? and join them for a new round after?

That sounds perfect !!!

Circinus

The graphics look somewhat grainy and aliased? Doesn't really look clean and pristine at all.

I imagine Clap Hanz isn't a huge AAA studio with hundreds of artists, animators and programmers. Still, some smaller studios manage to make pretty large games with clean and densily detailed graphics (especially with Unreal Engine 4 apparently this is more easy to achieve now).

Anyway, I hope this will support Morpheus with motion controls. VR Golf seems like a no-brainer to me.

Since they're going for a sports resort-like theme, it would be neat if there are some other sports too, like tennis (which Clap Hanz also did on PSP in the form of Everybody's Tennis).

dc89

As long as it has solid golf mechanics like the previous game I'll be happy.
It's the only sports game my gf plays so she's looking forward to this too.

I love this series and will buy this but I don't think any of the games (including this by the look of it) have ever had any sort of AA. Really disappointing given it's PS4.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wasn't really digging it until this trailer. Looks neat.

Also a new Owl City song called Clap Your Hands. Inspired choice, at least I found it clever.

YES! I love these games.

The "welcome to Los Santos" x sorta-Miis vibe is kinda uhhh I dunno, but I can't see it not still being a Hot Shots Golf game front and center.

Macrotus

To me, it seems like they want to make something like PS Home within Minna no Golf.
Thats how I felt when I saw this game first announced at E3.

JP

It'll be interesting to see how this turns with the social stuff. For me, Clap Hanz make the best golf games by far so in terms of golf it'll be much like before.

Buggy Racing? Fishing? Parachuting? Running? I got a very Wii Sports feel from the video, which isn't a bad thing. Hopefully we'll see the likes of Tennis down the line too as it's been as I'm really missing it.

Everybody's Tennis gameplay (PSP)

Rflagg

I was hoping for a release date, but at least the new trailer confirms it is not dead.
I at least was starting to worry a little after it got announced last year then a bunch of nothing

I welcome the other things to do as long as the golf stays up to their usual standards(insert corny on course or up to par golf pun here).

I love this franchise.. what are they doing? :/

I can't even describe it... it's like it's Golf in bizarro world. Animations are all over the place and it doesn't look really good. I hope that at least gameplay will be at the same level as previous games.

low-G

Yeah, I love the series too, but this looks poor.

Also they 100% stole Microsoft's Xbox 360 avatars & their animations. THESE ARE LITERALLY 360 AVATARS. How is this legal? I mean besides how shitty they look.

Dazza

Feels like there are more thngs to do than golfing.

It does look like that doesn't it, hope that is the case and not only for the trailer. Looks a lot like a more fun version PlayStation Home but all chibi.

Well, there goes my dream of HotShots Golf VR. FUCK!!!!

I still think it will be in VR, if the other activities seen in the trailer seem to be true it would be the perfect fit. That and all the graphics would be easily achievable for VR. Actually the fact that it's only releasing on PS4 increases the chances of it being VR compatible

Top Bottom