• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tharja, Virion (Awakening), & Draug (Shadow Dragon) Confirmed for Genei Ibun Roku #FE

Neoxon

girfe-soundtrack-300x291.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu introduces two new characters set to appear in Nintendo and Atlus upcoming Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei collaboration RPG Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

Mamori Minamoto (voiced by Kaori Fukuhara) – A talent and Mirage Master that belongs to the same public entertainment office as the protagonists. She’s an elementary school student that likes Showa era songs and clothing.
Barry Goodman (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura) – A once popular musician who’s come to Japan in search of otaku culture. Following his retirement, he works with the protagonists as a trainer.
Also announces are three new Mirages, which you may recognize from the DS generation Fire Emblem Games.

Kiria Kurono – Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Eleonora Yumizuru – Virion (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Mamori Minamoto – Draug (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light)

Source: Famitsu (Translated by Serenes Forest)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yay, Virion

Best blue hair

RMI

Banned
Noire is true best girl, but I'll settle for Tharja.

I've recently been having this fear that this game won't release on a disc in the west, because NoA. Hopefully it gets a proper release.

Golnei

No Henry? ;-;

I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up, but not before Gaius, Cordelia, Severa and Inigo.

I hope this means more Tharja figures.

I'm sure they'll continue to merchandise her; no character cloned in Fates will be neglected.

ZA KOROMO

I hope Tharja's new design shows more skin

Removing the pantyhose would miss the entire point of her design. Tearing it might be a good compromise, though.

Neoxon

Noire is true best girl, but I'll settle for Tharja.

I've recently been having this fear that this game won't release on a disc in the west, because NoA. Hopefully it gets a proper release.
Given Fire Emblem's worldwide resurgence, I think this will get a physical release.

Virion: I like him. Interested to see his design
Draug: Meh. Not the most interesting Shadow Dragon character they could have picked.
Tharja: Nope, not a fan. Didn't like her in Awakening and I likely won't like her here.

-Horizon-

I'll riot if this doesn't get a physical release.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Also there better be a special edition in the west.

Neoxon

My main concern is if it gets an English track.
Given what Nintendo Treehouse said at E3, I'm pretty sure that this will get an English dub. With Fire Emblem Fates, they got a Broadway actress to voice Azura in English. Maybe they'll do something similar with this game.

Busaiku

Given what Nintendo Treehouse said at E3, I'm pretty sure that this will get an English dub. With Fire Emblem Fates, they got a Broadway actress to voice Azura in English. Maybe they'll do something similar with this game.
I got a different impression from Treehouse entirely.
They were making a big deal about the Japanese VA.

NeonZ

Virion sucks though, a poor man's Sain. Should have gone with a different male character. :(

They likely wanted an archer from Awakening or Shadow Dragon. The only alternative from Awakening would have been Noire.

Oh my...
So Draug is the big dude people thought it was the Dark Knight?
Wait and see, I guess.

Wasn't that an enemy? I don't think it's going to be either one (the face really doesn't look like the Black Knight's).

This is Music -The game though, it will be costly to localize all the songs. My guess is they will include Japanese voice and offer English dub for some dialogues, songs will be in Japanese.

DodgeDusk

My boy Doga is in?!
hBGnOoU.png

All I need now is Vaike and Abel (if non-Akaneia characters do end up being in, then include Matthew and Lex) to be confirmed. Game will be GOAT then

I should clarify that Doga is Draug

Neoxon

That's fine and all, but I hope we will get at least some representation from other FE at one point
So all Mirages so far are from Marth's games or Awakening? (Which I guess is technically a marth game?)
I believe they said that most of the Mirages would come from either Shadow Dragon or Awakening, so I wouldn't expect many representatives from the other games besides maybe Ike & Roy.

NeonZ

So all Mirages so far are from Marth's games or Awakening? (Which I guess is technically a marth game?)

They've said that most will be from those games. There's even a chance that the only ones outside of those games might be enemies (we don't know if there's a way to get more mirages, outside of the actual pair of each character) or tied to the Amiibo (it's very suspicious that there aren't Marth and Lucina mirages so far).

They said that it will be a challenge for them to translate everything, not that they couldn't translate it.

Hopefully it gets dubbed in english though I'd imagine Atlus would end up using Johnny Yong Bosch and Laura Bailey again lol Hopefully we get some new talent in it.

Golnei

That's fine and all, but I hope we will get at least some representation from other FE at one point

FE14 would have come out too late to be considered during the planning process. Maybe they could add some of those characters via DLC, but a sequel (unlikely as it is) might be the only chance post-Awakening characters have.

Fandangox

I believe they said that most of the Mirages would come from either Shadow Dragon or Awakening, so I wouldn't expect many representatives from the other games besides maybe Ike & Roy.

They did say that most of the Mirages would come from those games... maybe for the sequel all the Mirages will come from Tellius =D

They've said that most will be from those games. There's even a chance that the only ones outside of those games might be enemies (we don't know if there's a way to get more mirages, outside of the actual pair of each character) or tied to the Amiibo (it's very suspicious that there aren't Marth and Lucina mirages so far).

rip

Neoxon

Hopefully it gets dubbed in english though I'd imagine Atlus would end up using Johnny Yong Bosch and Laura Bailey again lol Hopefully we get some new talent in it.
I think they'll get VAs who can sing. I'm not sure about how well JYB can sing, but Laura Bailey has proven herself in that regard in the past. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled an Azura & got a Broadway actor/actress or two to diversify the cast.

FE14 would have come out too late to be considered during the planning process. Maybe they could add some of those characters via DLC, but a sequel (unlikely as it is) might be the only chance post-Awakening characters have.
That subtle trolling, I like it.

Top Bottom