• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius | JP OT| Gatcha Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Official Website:

A new Final Fantasy mobile game developed by Alim, the creators of Brave Frontier. It tells the story of Rain and Lasswell. Through an encounter with a man in armor that destroys the Earth Crystal, they gain a power called "Vision" that allows it's wielder to materialize the thoughts and feelings of people.

The game shares much in common with Brave Frontier in setup including it's IAP focus on characters. However, it seems to further bring the flavor of Final Fantasy into the game, they've made changes including what seems to be a fairly robust skill system, actual equipment, and dungeon exploring in addition to the standard select a level and fight your way through parts.

Sprite work is very good and the music excellent. So hopefully they can really deliver.

Check out the trailer!

Download Links:
Play Store
iTunes

Shouta

So apparently in the dungeon exploration segments that open up after you clear the story in that area, you can find gear, crafting materials, and crafting recipes. So it's a pretty good idea to head into the green areas when they unlock to get this stuff. There are also black treasure chests that require a key. Looks like you'll need to backtrack to get this loot, lol.

Razmos

Yeah, and there's lots of secret passageways in the dungeons as well that don't show up on the map, just like the classic Final Fantasy games.

Shouta

The exploration map for the sewers is really big, WAY bigger than I imagined for a mobile game, lol.

Razmos

What characters have you gotten from the pulls Shouta?

I got:

1* Black Mage from the story pull
3* Shantotto (Has Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Water, Aero, Stone and Bio)
4* Penelo (Has Water, Aero and a really useful AoE heal)

Shouta

I got Exdeath in his 4-star form for my first 500 Lapis pull.

Then I pulled a bunch of 1-2 star units with the 43 Friend Summons I got from all the folks that used my Exdeath. A lot of folks used my char... I sold the 1-2 stars and kept the 3 stars but those 3 stars were evolved 2-stars so eh lol.

I need to pull for more units but I'm trying to get as far without pulling more.

Pulls? So its another Gacha game?

Yes

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Downloaded it yesterday and played it for a short while but I think I'm still in the tutorial.
Isn't half bad so far, but I got a 1 star unit from the tutorial gacha and am too lazy to do a reset marathon, which makes me sad.

Shouta

Downloaded it yesterday and played it for a short while but I think I'm still in the tutorial.
Isn't half bad so far, but I got a 1 star unit from the tutorial gacha and am too lazy to do a reset marathon, which makes me sad.

That tutorial nit is limited to 1 star or 3 stars I think. You want to go to the end of the forest area and do a 500 Lapis pull for a real unit. Then you can do a reset if it's no good lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That tutorial nit is limited to 1 star or 3 stars I think. You want to go to the end of the forest area and do a 500 Lapis pull for a real unit. Then you can do a reset if it's no good lol.
Yeah, I just did a regular pull and got a 3 star Kurain, whoever that is.

HomesIice

Downloaded last night, I'm pretty hooked!

I'm majorly lacking equipment and abilities but I think that's because I'm not finding the recipes/haven't gone far into the story

Pulls so far:
2* Mage (story)
4* Shadow
3* Penelo
3* Maria

---

Didn't realise those dungeons had secret passages, need to revisit them again I guess!

Shouta

Pulled with3 times the 1500 Lapis I earned.

Got:

3 Star Vivi
3 Star Fran
3 Star Shadow.

Eh, not bad. I wish it was a bit better but oh well. I'll be able to just sit on these units for awhile until rate up stuff, lol.

udivision

Don't you ever feel like you're playing a bunch overly layered game mechanics and not an actual game when it comes to these gatcha-types? Leveling up/crafting gear seems to cross the line for me for some reason.

Shouta

No? A lot of gatcha games have gotten very good with mixing in the systems and not just being cosmetic.

I hit the second island and fights are getting tougher. I think I need to spend some time getting Fran and Vivi up to a proper level and getting a few more abilities.

This game is tough even early on... I think nothing costs stamina until rank 5? How much stamina is a typical story mission post rank 5?

What a shame that we don't see more games with this kind of art style and gameplay from square enix on platforms that don't encourage monetization and require a game to be free.

I enjoyed record keeper for a few months but the daily grind got to be too much after a while.

Shouta

This game is tough even early on... I think nothing costs stamina until rank 5? How much stamina is a typical story mission post rank 5?

I'm getting like 6-7 per mission now but I'm at the second island. Around the time you hit Rank 5, it's only 3-5.

HomesIice

Played with the sound on for the first time and the OST is amazing!

Just got to the second island and the energy cost is getting real expensive :(
Also might just spend some time in the vortex to evolve some units

I got a 4-star マッシュ (Sabin from FF6). Not sure if I feel like rerolling any more... Out of a dozen or so rerolls I only got two 4-stars and no 5s.

Shouta

Are the game mechanics easy enough to understand to play it even if you don't speak japanese?

Some of the finer details will be harder to understand but it's fairly clearly labeled. Have you played Brave Frontier? The base game is like that so the flow should be familiar.

I got a 4-star マッシュ (Sabin from FF6). Not sure if I feel like rerolling any more... Out of a dozen or so rerolls I only got two 4-stars and no 5s.

If you have a 4-star unit that can be upgraded into a 5-star unit, it's all good. Even the units that are just 4-star now will probably get 5-star versions later. So I'd go with a char you like.

kenji

didn't know there were playable final fantasy characters, the sprites are awesome

it's just the characters or music and worlds like record keeper?

Razmos

didn't know there were playable final fantasy characters, the sprites are awesome

it's just the characters or music and worlds like record keeper?
The world is new, and the music seems original (though it has remixes of classic final fantasy songs in there, like the victory fanfare) all the monsters are FF though.

Anyway, I just levelled up my Siren summon and spent some SP, looks like you can unlock abilities for your summon that become usable by anyone who equips it, ala Junctioning in Final Fantasy 8.

So now I have an AoE confuse(?) spell for Penelo, which is neat.

Shouta

I really like that the Vortex/special dungeons are unlocked once per day for you for X number of hours instead of having to do Keys. Pretty sweet.

Visceir

Been rerolling a couple of times. Seems like the one star char you get could also be anything -- swordsman, wizard, healer. Having a healer from the get-go would probably help a lot.

HomesIice

I really like that the Vortex/special dungeons are unlocked once per day for you for X number of hours instead of having to do Keys. Pretty sweet.

mte.

All I've done is the exp one though, don't want to use my energy on the other 2 just yet

---

Do you guys reckon there will be a rate up of sorts sooner or later?
Deciding whether to save lapis or not

Shouta

mte.

All I've done is the exp one though, don't want to use my energy on the other 2 just yet

---

Do you guys reckon there will be a rate up of sorts sooner or later?
Deciding whether to save lapis or not

I suspect it'll be new units before special rate ups but who knows. I'd spend some now to get yourself situation with units unless you get some good ones already then sit on it.

I just upgraded Rain and Lasswell from 2 star to 3 star. It seems they go to up to 5 stars, so having them evolved will help me in the long run.

Visceir

I seem to be picking up all sorts of loot, but I'm too scared to sell any of it because I might need it later. Is there any way for me to easily tell which loot won't be needed in future and can be sold? Does most of it have a puprose or is most of it trash?

HomesIice

I suspect it'll be new units before special rate ups but who knows. I'd spend some now to get yourself situation with units unless you get some good ones already then sit on it.

I just upgraded Rain and Lasswell from 2 star to 3 star. It seems they go to up to 5 stars, so having them evolved will help me in the long run.

The thing is, I don't know who's good and who's not :/ (Besides Roselia being the most preferred cleric?)
Only have rolled Maria, Shadow, and Penelo so far so might actually roll to get replace Mech Terra

I seem to be picking up all sorts of loot, but I'm too scared to sell any of it because I might need it later. Is there any way for me to easily tell which loot won't be needed in future and can be sold? Does most of it have a puprose or is most of it trash?

I just have a look at what's not needed in the crafting and evolution requirements then sell. It is a bit tricky at this early stage of the game though, feels like I may regret selling some of these things

Visceir

Made it to the second town.

Current pulls have been Penelo ****(main healer), Fran *** (bow) and Klein *** (Knight type character with heal skill). Is Klein a new character for this game? Don't recall him from any other FF game.

Seems a bit weird that they would let you level that easily in that dimension level/zone. Doesn't it kinda throw the whole crafted difficulty level out of the window? Having difficulties with a boss or level? O hey let me just empty my stamina bar and gain 10 levels~

Is there any drawback to it?

Would be cool if I could Awaken Fran and Klein to ****, but the requirements seem a bit confusing to me. Think I'll need 1500 coin for each, but I'm hesitant about selling my loot.

It's a cool game, wish it was in english, haha.

Edit: I think my code is 205, 272, 444 if anyone wants to add me.

HomesIice

Made it to the second town.

Current pulls have been Penelo ****(main healer), Fran *** (bow) and Klein *** (Knight type character with heal skill). Is Klein a new character for this game? Don't recall him from any other FF game.

Seems a bit weird that they would let you level that easily in that dimension level/zone. Doesn't it kinda throw the whole crafted difficulty level out of the window? Having difficulties with a boss or level? O hey let me just empty my stamina bar and gain 10 levels~

Is there any drawback to it?

Would be cool if I could Awaken Fran and Klein to ****, but the requirements seem a bit confusing to me. Think I'll need 1500 coin for each, but I'm hesitant about selling my loot.

It's a cool game, wish it was in english, haha.

Edit: I think my code is 205, 272, 444 if anyone wants to add me.

The stamina requirement is quite a drawback imo, can only do 2 runs on level 2 before I quit the game for another hour or so lol

Shouta

Characters will be harder to level up because you have to rely on the Vortex and they can make stuff harder if you have access to a place that lets you level up with some ease.

I just got an attack +10% skill for finishing D-2 of the Coliseum. niiiiice. That'll be good for my Exdeath.

Edit: I just got Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga on Exdeath because of my time in the Vortex. They do big damage and are AOE. Yo. =O

HomesIice

Characters will be harder to level up because you have to rely on the Vortex and they can make stuff harder if you have access to a place that lets you level up with some ease.

I just got an attack +10% skill for finishing D-2 of the Coliseum. niiiiice. That'll be good for my Exdeath.

Edit: I just got Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga on Exdeath because of my time in the Vortex. They do big damage and are AOE. Yo. =O

I hope they'll introduce half energy events, can't really do much with story quests costing a good 7en/vortex 10 en X___X

Any chance I can add you, I'm stuck at a stage with 5 bombs that keep on self destructing and wiping me out!

Shouta

I hope they'll introduce half energy events, can't really do much with story quests costing a good 7en/vortex 10 en X___X

Any chance I can add you, I'm stuck at a stage with 5 bombs that keep on self destructing and wiping me out!

Sure, I'll PM you my account ID. My Exdeath should help you out there because he can spam Blizzaga which will hit all the bombs.

Don't speak a word of Japanese but still enjoying the game and I think I've figured out where most things are. In this Vortex section there are three coloured dungeons. Red, green and blue. What's the difference between them?

Don't speak a word of Japanese but still enjoying the game and I think I've figured out where most things are. In this Vortex section there are three coloured dungeons. Red, green and blue. What's the difference between them?

Red is crafting materials, green is awakening (evolution) materials, and blue is unit XP. You can apparently unlock one for free every 24 hours, but unlocking a second one while the first is open costs premium currency.

Red is crafting materials, green is awakening (evolution) materials, and blue is unit XP. You can apparently unlock one for free every 24 hours, but unlocking a second one while the first is open costs premium currency.

I did the red one and noticed the others were going to cost 100 crystals. Thanks for the help

Falk

that puzzling face
It's really different from Record Keeper. Less nostalgia-driven (there's still boatloads of it), more of its own thing.

If anything it's more comparable to World of Final Fantasy or Dissidia. Tells its own story, has with boatloads of characters.

I'm also not convinced how the endgame is going to turn out, since Record Keeper's is pretty solid and fair, but this is probably a pointless worry considering how Brave Frontier turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom