• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition coming out on Oct. 29 on Wii U

Best game ever!

BTW you can use the wii mote on the PC version of Biohazard 4 HD
PC is the best version by a country mile.......and then some!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
What about those who want to play it again? Or own it digitally on their current Nintendo system for convenience?

This isn't even a new version of the game. It's in every sense the Wii ROM uploaded on Wii U. It's such an easy thing to add to the eShop so again, where's the harm?

Those who want to play it again would do well in knowing the Wii U is backwards compatible. They've been able to play it the whole time.

Now if someone wants to own it digitally, then they'll finally get their wish.

I really wish Nintendo would update Wii Mode to support Pro Controller emulation. I can play RE4 on my Wii U already but I can't it off screen.

I can't buy this game again just on the off chance I want to play it on the Gamepad instead of the TV with Wii controls.

If anyone can point me in the direction of how to use the Wii remote controls on the PC Ultimate Edition, I'd really appreciate it.

I remember when Wii eShop releases were 50% off for the first week. That was better.

That was also only during the initial release period in January when Wii eShop titles were a new category, and they wanted to draw awareness.

Obviously everyone wants to pay less than things cost, but since the second round of Wii eShop releases they have been normal price at $19.99. I would imagine if GameCube games ever get released as download titles, they will be $14.99. I would buy the shit out of those!

This is by far the best version of the game in my opinion, it just controls so well. Don't use a Classic Controller out of fear and if your playing the game for the very first time, have an amazing time!

Yeah the controls were what made this game so fun. It really adds to the experience. I actually got 100% on this because the controls were great and I think I only played through the GCN version once (maybe twice). Also the knife slash waggle was so useful!

Hoping for an NA release soon, would enjoy being able to play this on the gamepad. Still waiting for the day we get a fully handheld version.

randomwab

Just to warn everyone, this does not support the Wii U gamepad. Found that out after purchasing. Stupid considering the Wii version supported Classic Controller and the Gamecube pad. Very annoyed.

LewieP

Just to warn everyone, this does not support the Wii U gamepad. Found that out after purchasing. Stupid considering the Wii version supported Classic Controller and the Gamecube pad. Very annoyed.

Are you sure it is not just awkward to trigger? Only way I could ever get it to work with a Gamecube pad on the Wii was to pull the batteries out of my Wii Remote.

There might be some silly hoop to jump through to enable Classic Controller inputs, which is what the Gamepad uses.

randomwab

Checked the eShop page and it doesn't actually mention the Wii U pad (where Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade do, for example), and it wouldn't let me boot the game unless I had a Wiimote paired. Pressing anything on the Wii U pad flashes up a message on the Pad screen saying "Wii software cannot be controlled with the Wii U GamePad." Even tried pulling out the Wiimote batteries like you said but no difference. Such a crazy missed opportunity.

Ninja Dom

I have the original Wii disc for this game.

Is there any reason to play the VC version of this on the Wii U over the actual Wii disc version on the Wii U??

LewieP

Hmm. Do you happen to have a Wii Classic Controller you could try plugging into you Wii Remote?

Phoenixus

Yup, same here. I'm okay with the Wiimote controls but really wanted some proper offtv time. I wonder why the pad isn't supported? :/

Top Bottom