• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel like Bloodborne is being given the runner up GOTY because it's an exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have that feeling. Everyone on all the major sites has been gushing over it the entire year, far more than I have heard for any other release in 2015. It's just so fully realised in every way, where the big multiplat award contenders all, despite being great game, have such massive gaping holes.

I have this sneaking suspicion that the critics are all holding back on giving Bloodborne that top spot purely because it's an exclusive for the dominant system and so would perhaps alienate their readers that own one of the other systems.

Kriken

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Damn those gaming sites for having differing opinions from me

Faustek

Opinions don't match yours.

In my opinion anything not having Witcher 3 in number 1 or 2 spot is wrong opinion.

Isotope

What about sites that gave Super Mario Galaxy GOTY back in '07, despite it being an exclusive and on the leading selling platform? It all comes down to preference; if sites preferred other games over Bloodborne, then they preferred them over Bloodborne. There's not much else to it.

Fdkn

Just have that feeling. Everyone on all the major sites has been gushing over it the entire year, far more than I have heard for any other release in 2015. It's just so fully realised in every way, where the big multiplat award contenders all, despite being great game, have such massive gaping holes.

I have this sneaking suspicion that the critics are all holding back on giving Bloodborne that top spot purely because it's an exclusive for the dominant system and so would perhaps alienate their readers that own one of the other systems.

Using your logic they are alienating their readers that own the dominant system. So they are alienating more readers by not giving it goty.

dude let it go, the game is awesome and it doesn't matter if it wins 15 or 150 gotys.

Yup. You solved it. Case closed everybody, Bloodborne is the secret GOTY the video game journalism boogeyman won't ever give it's dues to.

Bloodborne is the video game equivalent of Leonardo Di Caprio, you heard it here first.

Spoilers: I'm sure Bloodborne is a great game, no doubt in my mind...but there were a LOT of good games this year...subjectively speaking.

Trace

Banned
If Rocket League was AAA it would win every GotY award, it loses because it's an indie.
I don't actually think this way, I just like Rocket League

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel the opposite in fact heh

Hindl

I love Bloodborne too, but the persecution complex some Bloodborne fans have needs to end. Not everyone loves the game, and even those who do recognize some of the flaws it has

Don't do it.....

Gahh it's too late.

Honestly I think what is probably holding it back from reaching it's true destined position of "Game Of The Forever" is lack of environment variety. Everything is fairly similar for the most part, which doesn't bother me at all, but may seem a bit boring to people who have to play all of the games for a living. Build variety doesn't help either but I'd bet it doesn't affect it as much

Dynasty

I feel the same way about Rise Of The Tomb Raider. At the end of the day you should realise that the only GOTY list that should matter to you is the one you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom