• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistaken identity leads to internet lynch mob on 62 year old man

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRum

Banned
So I just stumbled on this.

Basically some Twitch/Youtube/Twitter guy does some show on youtube about newsworthy things. I'm actually not sure of the extent of his content. Anyway, he and his staff post a twitter about a guy that went to prison for pedophilia, got out, and is now streaming games on twitch. Here's the tweet screen.

6zDd9C9.jpg

This guy, Keem, does this video and people go to this old guy's twitch stream and just harass the fuck out of him, dox, and ddos him. The old man literally ends up crying. Unfortunately, it was the wrong guy. Someone caught on that is was the wrong guy and posted a video. The old man's part starts around 3:45. It's really fucking heartbreaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDo4Ubl6IsI

It's a shame that shit like this happens, but I feel it happens all the time. Here's the old man's Twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/rsgloryandgold

Edit: Follow up video posted by Scarce. It shows Tony is good spirits again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Flxku980Y

diamount

Banned
I'm curious why his social media accounts have not been closed despite clear evidence of his witch hunts, or jailed for that matter.

MMaRsu

Banned
What the fuck? Listen even of someone is a pedo and went to prison and is now streaming, its not for other youtubers to come down on them?

They have served their sentence, this is just disgusting imo. I am all against pedo's but in this case there is no harm being done.

Now theyve gone after the wrong guy and ruined his day/week/month whatever.

Fuck these guys who did the wrong

Anyway, he and his staff post a twitter about a guy that went to prison for pedophilia, got out, and is now streaming games on twitch. 

I mean why even? Fuck this clown and his staff

This is just a witch hunt

RedRum

Banned
I'm curious why his social media accounts have not been closed despite clear evidence of his witch hunts, or jailed for that matter.

People have said that he has been banned by youtube (or his personal channel), but because his current channel doesn't specifically list him as the creator but he's still apart of, he gets to skirt around the ban.

His stream is going right now and the chat is flooded with people asking if he's okay and being kind.

Such an awful thing to happen.

Keemstar should either remove himself from the public eye or at least stop making videos. What an awful human being.

Shepard

Thats why Im totally ok with big companies making it harder for you to post something as an anonymous or fake account. You have to pay for dumb shit you say or do over the internet, as much as you would in a non-digital environment. Fuck this internet detective shit, that exists even here on GAF.

I would be scarred for a long time after something like that happened to me. Keem needs to get his shit banned for this.

EDIT: The old guy is live right now and it's sad to see him talking on the phone about talking to Keem for some reason.

jonno394

Jesus, people actually watch this Keem guy and give him money and actually like him? I've just skimmed three of his videos and he seems like the biggest c**t i've seen.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
This guy, Keem, does this video and people go to this old guy's twitch stream and just harass the fuck out of him, dox, and ddos him. The old man literally ends up crying. Unfortunately, it was the wrong guy. Someone caught on that is was the wrong guy and posted a video. The old man's part starts around 3:45. It's really fucking heartbreaking

It's people like this that give 'reactionary, anonymous simpletons who are trying to reaffirm to the world that they matter by electronically tar-and-feathering someone' a bad name.

lazygecko

Jesus, people actually watch this Keem guy and give him money and actually like him? I've just skimmed three of his videos and he seems like the biggest c**t i've seen.

Seems to be one of those people who feed off internet hatred and cynicism like that Sargon of Akkad guy?

I don't really know what to call that subset of internet personalities.

shira

Nobody should read twitch chat ever. It's the stupidest shit ever and if left unmoderated you can get crazy and crazier shit being posted.

I really wish the guy had moobot or some mods.

SURGEdude

Can anybody give a quick overview of this dude Keemstar? I don't really follow twitch and I figure I might not be alone in not being familiar with him.

I just want to point out how fucking awesome it is, that with the internet this 62 old year man can play Runescape and live broadcast it for people to watch.

It just makes me so happy to see the internet give people those possibilities.

If you're reading this, keep on streaming! :)

Beefy

Can anybody give a quick overview of this dude Keemstar? I don't really follow twitch and I figure I might not be alone in not being familiar with him.

He reports on Youtube and gaming "drama". No matter how little it is Keem will be ready to report on it. He has outed people and made shit up up about people just to get views. One min he calls a guy a paedo and says he needs to be locked up. The next he has the guy on his show and says the guys ( the guy he called a paedo) gf is a attention whore. If you look at the link I posted above he is clearly insane. He just lives of shit drama.

https://twitter.com/KEEMSTARx?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Keem saying that the scarce is begging attention basically. Nice guy.

That was so unfair to the old guy. Guy just wants to retire and play video games and people are following an idiots tweet and harassing him.

Wow, dude just said this stuff on his stream about Keemstar:

"please, please, please don't send hatemail" "cut the guy some slack" "the guy probably has a family" "let's try to be forgiving here"

He's also showing a lot of gratitude to all the support he's gotten.

He's got a big heart... and now I want to check out his stream more often.

lazygecko

The only reason I even know of these people is because they keep popping up in my YouTube recommendations in spite of me repeatedly telling YouTube to block/ignore them.

There's something about their video titles and thumbnails that I just find inherently repulsive.

Corpekata

Banned
What does "Yamimash Hacked! Nero vs Feminist - Hearthstone" mean?

Nero thing is the Gamergate Breitbart guy, and he's probably fighting the evils of feminism every day. Yamimash is a youtuber that recently sent dick pics to a 14 year old, and that was his excuse I think.

Hearthstone I guess he's just gonna talk about it?

He's up to 7k viewers and everyone's hounding him for a donation button haha.

He's just saying that he doesn't want money and that it's the best day of his life having so many people spend time to send kind messages and support him.

He even said for people to send keemstar smiles and not be hateful because he doesn't want keemstar to feel what he felt.

What a top bloke.

Raynes

What a fucking asshole. Even if the guy was the pedophile how is it suitable behavior to harass someone who has done their time? Keemstar should be put in prison.

RedRum

Banned
Time for actual repercussions to the entire cyberbullying.

I agree. The consequences of this shit are real and lasting. Tony (the old guy) says he wants nothing to do with Keem, but I would definitely exercise my legal rights here. Especially since it seems his personal info was taken and accounts hacked.

Nokterian

Boogie tweeted this and watching this man streaming he is such a great man so humble and nice. And fuck that guy who treated him like what the fuck is his problem?

I knew it would be the low life piece of shit Keemstar who would do this by just based on the title.

Edit: His video is private now after hard refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom