• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistaken identity leads to internet lynch mob on 62 year old man

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Time for actual repercussions to the entire cyberbullying.

Sadly faux cyberbullying is how some of the highest grossing twitch streamers make their money

kaceytron and helenalive do this, take verbal abuse via donations prompts and baiting twitch chat

GY5wUVSl.png

Ban this filth

What an awful human being. I hope he pisses off the wrong person and gets disappeared one day.

Red

What an awful human being. I hope he pisses off the wrong person and gets disappeared one day.
That's exactly the kind of reactionary assault that is the problem here.

But he should probably be banned from Twitter. Didn't they recently change their rules on bullying?

Beefy

But he should probably be banned from Twitter. Didn't they recently change their rules on bullying?

Banning him on Twitter won't do anything. Youtube need to ban him.

Keemstar is a cunt.

He is not even allowed to own a yt channel after his last bullshit. Drama alert is "run" by someone else in his name. He is racist and back in the day has been heard beating his wife over xbox live.

So the fact this has happened doen't surprise me, his channel has blown up in the last year or so but it's inevitable he will fall again.

Acorn

There needs to be some criminal repercussions for this shit. Is there? I know there is here in the uk.

Nokterian

I can't watch the video i am watching the stream instead i just can't stand shitheads like that keem guy i never heard of him but seeing posts here i already hate him and it makes my bloodboil.

I thought I read something about Twitter coming down on cyber bullying. Or was it just hate speech?

Regardless what does somebody do if you're threatened with a "house call"? Can the authorities really do anything before it's too late?

Zaphrynn

Keemstar is a cunt.

He is not even allowed to own a yt channel after his last bullshit. Drama alert is "run" by someone else in his name. He is racist and back in the day has been heard beating his wife over xbox live.

So the fact this has happened doen't surprise me, his channel has blown up in the last year or so but it's inevitable he will fall again.

Wtffffff. I can't even imagine hearing something like that happening during a game.

This guy sounds like scum. I'm glad the 63 year olds name was cleared so fast. He's being a champ about this.

Rektash

Internet lynch mobs are like one of the most terrifying online developments of the last couple years. Literally middle age mentality by 21st century people. Countries should start punishing this the same way every other type of vigilantism is beeing punished by.

I mostly blame 4chan and reddit for this becoming a thing, that is where most of this started anyways.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The video explaining everything with the clip of the guy saying he needs a short break just breaks my heart.

Beefy

Wtffffff. I can't even imagine hearing something like that happening during a game.

This guy sounds like scum. I'm glad the 63 year olds name was cleared so fast. He's being a champ about this.

Apparently he hit his wife with keys .

Nah, I'm not the kind of person to pursue these people or watch their content, that's what they want. Popularity at any cost. I don't even side with youtubers I admire when they present an argument without checking their facts.

I'll just forget about him until someone asks if I've seen him or plays one of his videos, at which point I'll remind them of how much he sucks.

Red

Internet lynch mobs are like one of the most terrifying online developments of the last couple years. Literally middle age mentality by 21st century people. Countries should start punishing this the same way every other type of vigilantism is beeing punished by.

I mostly blame 4chan and reddit for this becoming a thing, that is where most of this started anyways.
It's been going on for a while now. We never learn.

Oh god that livestreamer looks a lot like my dad and is around the same age and everything; it's incredibly painful to watch.

Apparently he hit his wife with keys .

He also used to get minors on the Internet in games like Halo to expose personal information about themselves and then he'd harass them and parents. This guy has been around for more than 10 years now doing this shit, he's banned from YT officially by Google but the channel he has his show on is owned by a company that he "works for" so he can avoid Google's repeated banning of him from their platform. He's on YT now through some sort of loop hole with how YT networks etc work. He's also been banned on twitch as well.

He's never been banned from twitter AFAIK and he's verified too, why twitter is giving a piece of shit like this a huge platform is insane when Google themselves have repeatedly gone to lengths from having him have his own channel.

Nokterian

And someone also hacked tony's account on january 6th that is also pathetic he is getting lots of support from twitch and in the game.

Beefy

He also used to get minors on the Internet in games like Halo to expose personal information about themselves and then he'd harass their parents as well. This guy has been around for more than 10 years now doing this shit, he's banned from YT officially by Google but the channel he has his show on is owned by a company that he "works for" so he can avoid Google's repeated banning of him from their platform. He's on YT now through some sort of loop hole with how YT networks etc work. He's also been banned on twitch as well.

He's never been banned from twitter AFAIK and he's verified too, why twitter is giving a piece of shit like this a huge platform is insane when Google themselves have repeatedly gone to lengths from having him have his own channel.

Really? I didn't know he did that. Makes him even worse if that is possible.

Really? I didn't know he did that. Makes him even worse if that is possible.

Yeah he was called "DJ Keemstar" and was in a group called "F@G - Federation of Asshole Gamers", he had I think up to 3 youtube channels over the course of it. He was also banned repeatedly by Microsoft (xbox console bans). Complete filth.

I don't know how much the runescape economy has changed since I left in 2009, but holy shit at all of the 50mil golds he's getting from people :O

Back in 2009 you couldn't even trade unless the value of the gold was equal to the value of the item, they must have removed it again.

I remember my level 100ish account only had like 3 mil on it and that took me ages to get. And the jerks deleted my account for not using it for over 2 years :|

Twitter is basically BP-style "we're sorry" on the issue of harassment at this point.

Dawg

I'm not even surprised he's trying to put all the blame on his "news guy".

Like, even if that is true, you think it's fine to upload a video in which you call someone a pedophile without first checking the facts yourself? Even when you damn well knew what would happen by putting such an accusation on the internet?

Fuck him. Fuck his lame excuse of an apology, too.

Yeah he was called "DJ Keemstar" and was in a group called "F@G - Federation of Asshole Gamers", he had I think up to 3 youtube channels over the course of it. He was also banned repeatedly by Microsoft (xbox console bans). Complete filth.
Bit ironic since another video posted here has examples of him sic-ing his audience at other hobophobic homophobic people.

Even if his targets are legitimate bigoted people or in this case it was a legitimate pedophile, it's not his place to be sending armies of people to dox random individuals, especially given he's doing the bare-minimum amount of research beforehand.

Faenix1

I usually don't care to the point it effects me but damn that got me in the feels. Glad it, more or less, worked out in the end.

I don't believe the douches apology tho. Doesn't really feel sincere.

You have to be real fucking careful when you throw around the pedophile tag. People have been murdered by lynch mobs here in the UK and it turns out the person wasn't a pedophile.

This piece of shit needs to learn the consequences of throwing around unsubstantiated claims.

ghostjoke

Banned
Good to see him stand his ground. The fact he still takes the time to wish someone a happy birthday chokes me up. Hope he gets through this and can enjoy his retirement with his fans, old and new.

As for Keem, life was better before I knew he existed. He seems capable of pissing off even the most chilled people with his bullshit.

http://jezebel.com/5525340/suspected-pedophile-murdered-by-girl-vigilante
http://www.*****************/news/a...-vigilante-neighbours-mistook-paedophile.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-picture-suspected-paedophile-killed-5137439
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-beats-death-suspected-paedophile-5296338

There was another one recently I can't find link of where a guy went to the police to beg for protection and 24 hours later he was dead, killed because people suspected he was a pedophile and he wasn't.

This Keemstar moron doesn't even understand what he has just unleashed on this poor guy, he is innocent but the doubt never really goes away. His "....it ended up being good in the end" makes my blood boil.

Nightbird

You have to be real fucking careful when you throw around the pedophile tag. People have been murdered by lynch mobs here in the UK and it turns out the person wasn't a pedophile.

This is the internet, where you throw lables around like it's bargain day at the supermarket.

Not many people care about how serious some of the stuff is they are typing.

malfcn

Keem is a cunt.
Don't care who "owns" his channel. He should be banned based on the bullying and other drama garbage he stirs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom