• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistaken identity leads to internet lynch mob on 62 year old man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camjo-Z

I really hate internet vigilante idiots. At least the guy seems to be fine now, everyone's giving him lots of support on Twitch.

diamount

Banned
http://jezebel.com/5525340/suspected-pedophile-murdered-by-girl-vigilante
http://www.*****************/news/a...-vigilante-neighbours-mistook-paedophile.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-picture-suspected-paedophile-killed-5137439
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-beats-death-suspected-paedophile-5296338

There was another one recently I can't find link of where a guy went to the police to beg for protection and 24 hours later he was dead, killed because people suspected he was a pedophile and he wasn't.

This Keemstar moron doesn't even understand what he has just unleashed on this poor guy, he is innocent but the doubt never really goes away. His "....it ended up being good in the end" makes my blood boil.

This one.

Arksy

The old guy is such a champ. It makes my blood boil knowing that he was the target of such a campaign of hate. Dude is retired and just wants to play games in peace.

RS4-

So this keemstar guy is a real piece of shit, along with people that give him money. They can all fuck off.

Who are his sponsors, should get him removed. Reported his yt anyway.

Symphonia

Banned
This is the internet, where you throw lables around like it's bargain day at the supermarket.

Not many people care about how serious some of the stuff is they are typing.
A law should be brought in to place where something you say over the internet is treated exactly the same as if it were said in real life. This can be applied for death threats, statements that deform character, baseless accusations that ruin reputation and lives, as well as the usual homophobic/racist/sexist shit you see all over Twitter.

Mariolee

Crit1kal did a video on Keemstar being a douchebag to someone who wanted compensation or credit for creating content that Keem's youtube channel stole. Dude is a piece of crap.

RibMan

Very disappointed in Twitter and Twitch for tolerating this behavior. This is the kind of stuff that can lead to irreversible consequences, so it's pretty unsettling that internet lynch mobs are tolerated on these platforms.

Whats really annoying is that Keem is on twitter trying to pass the blame onto the guy who passed him the story, his full on trying to get a full witch hunt going on. This man has no shame what so ever.

I like that the old dude is taking it so well but I really feel charges need to be pressed. If people start pressing charges if they're able to Keem might be less likely to defame others in the future. In the end it's his decision, at least he's getting a good amount of support. Witch hunts are absolutely terrifying.

Whats really annoying is that Keem is on twitter trying to pass the blame onto the guy who passed him the story, his full on trying to get a full witch hunt going on. This man has no shame what so ever.
Not only that but he's complaining that people are ignoring all of the good that's come out of this situation. Bloodboiling shit right here.

Shadownet

Banned
Not only that but he's complaining that people are ignoring all of the good that's come out of this situation. Bloodboiling shit right here.
The worst part is that some people seem to think that Keem himself is responsible for "the happy ending". That somehow Tony is all happy and with so many viewers is somehow Keem's doing.

Also I like how Keem supporters are like "he owned up to it" like it actually meant something. Owning up to it doesn't mean passing the blame on to someone else and still going back to doing the same crap you're doing before.

Gorillaz

I remember Keem back in the CoD Youtube days in 09. He was always a little shit

Did not know he was still around crazy

smurfx

get some go again
That's exactly the kind of reactionary assault that is the problem here.

But he should probably be banned from Twitter. Didn't they recently change their rules on bullying?
i reported him for harassment so hopefully others do the same and gets his twitter account closed. people that make such terrible accusations should get their accounts closed at the very least if they are wrong.

therapist

lol this POS douchebag is a parent too....

what an asshole seriously he should be banned from twitter / youtube.

Old guy just trying to stream , thats awful. Props to him for "twitching"

Nokterian

i reported him for harassment so hopefully others do the same and gets his twitter account closed. people that make such terrible accusations should get their accounts closed at the very least if they are wrong.

I had to do that also he doesn't deserve to be on twitter.

http://jezebel.com/5525340/suspected-pedophile-murdered-by-girl-vigilante
http://www.*****************/news/a...-vigilante-neighbours-mistook-paedophile.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/first-picture-suspected-paedophile-killed-5137439
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-beats-death-suspected-paedophile-5296338

There was another one recently I can't find link of where a guy went to the police to beg for protection and 24 hours later he was dead, killed because people suspected he was a pedophile and he wasn't.

This Keemstar moron doesn't even understand what he has just unleashed on this poor guy, he is innocent but the doubt never really goes away. His "....it ended up being good in the end" makes my blood boil.

Freaking barbarians. I hope each of these brutes faces a murder conviction.

As a father who quite frequently brought my daughter to public parks and beaches, I have never looked upon other men with suspicion and would never feel uneasy about someone photographing her. But, then again, I'm well informed, through both my job and my research, about how children are most often victimized by family members (during early childhood) and peers (during adolescence); knowledge is the cure for hysteria.

People want boogeymen because it makes them feel important, it allows them to justify their roles as "protectors," when they're really just looking for an excuse to berate, attack, and even brutalize another human being.

Even actual pedophiles deserve to be treated properly. It's a terrible mental illness, and I can only imagine how dreadful it would be to live with such disturbing desires.

Someone needs to make a YouTube video for revenge on this asshole. What's worse than a lynchmob for this idiot? Completely and utterly ignoring him. Unsubscribe to his channel, don't watch his videos, don't talk about him anymore.

He probably earns money off his views, once then viewers drop, so will his earnings.

PopeReal

Internet justice, everyone!

Yet another example why I would never participate in or condone such behaviour. Targeting people is fucking dumb no matter what you think they may have done. Just stop.

DigtialT

This guy should not have an account anywhere; Not Twitter, Not Facebook, Not Youtube, Not Myspace, Not Club Penguin, nothing. I reported him on twitter for harassment, hopefully enough people do the same so we can reduce his influence at least a little bit.

FrouFrou

Neo Member
The people that are still defending Keemstar on twitter makes me so angry. They keep on saying how its the reporter fault and not Keemstar. Why do people like him this much?

entremet

Internet justice, everyone!

Yet another example why I would never participate in or condone such behaviour. Targeting people is fucking dumb no matter what you think they may have done. Just stop.

This is why due process is a good thing.

Yawnier

Banned
I don't care much for RS3 but this Tony guy is a pretty chill streamer. Nice to see he had a few thousand viewers today

RE_Player

Never knew this Keemstar guy existed. After reading this and looking up his work I don't know who is more trash him or his fans.

I must truly be disconnected from society because I don't understand how a human pile of garbage like him can garner so many fans and followers.

Never knew this Keemstar guy existed. After reading this and looking up his work I don't know who is more trash him or his fans.

I must truly be disconnected from society because I don't understand how a human pile of garbage like him can garner so many fans and followers.

Stupid, aggressive people will always pursue opportunities to gang up on others under the guise of justice. Of course, most of the victims haven't perpetrated any real crimes.

It's easy to gain a following by targeting people under the guise of hunting pedophiles, because most people have little knowledge about this particular mental illness, but society at large has an immense (and justified, though often misdirected) hatred of those who abuse children.

As a result, the accusation of pedophilia, even with no supporting evidence, is enough to dramatically impact a person's life and mobilize a huge amount of anger towards them.

Here's yet another great example:
http://www.freerangekids.com/man-ta...re-on-facebook-now-hes-getting-death-threats/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom