• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take the Powerball to 1.3 Billion (the Powerful Ball has been found)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNBC reporting:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/10/no-w...erball-jackpot-wednesdays-draw-worth-13b.html

No winner for the $900M Powerball jackpot, Wednesday draw worth $1.3B

This is insane.

via https://www.usamega.com/

1:29 am – Powerball: There was no jackpot winner in the Saturday, January 9, 2016 Powerball drawing, but 28 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 2 from Arizona, 6 from California, 2 from Connecticut (1 with Power Play), 1 from Florida, 1 from Georgia, 1 from Iowa, 1 from Maryland, 1 from Massachusetts, 3 from Michigan, 3 from New York, 2 from Ohio, 1 from Pennsylvania, 3 from Texas (2 with Power Play), and 1 from Virginia. For the complete rundown of winners by prize category, the drawing video, and all other data about this drawing, see the Powerball Drawing Detail page.

What's crazy is no one has to win. Fast-forward to 5 years from now and people are playing for the 50 billion dollar jackpot

Feep

Banned
This is fascinating to me. Like the dude at 538 predicted, we're in uncharted territory. Yay for data!

Anustart

I matched 1 number wednesday, 3 today. So if the numbers hold I'll be winning a cool million wednesday, 2.4 billion jackpot saturday.

FTF

It's now The Force Awakens vs Powerball for worldwide crown…currently $1.6b vs $1.3b, what can Powerball get to by Wednesday??

As I said in the other topic but backwards because wanted to be cool.
I'll never be cool.

Holy shit!

Feel sorry for all the poor bastards who work at places that sell tickets.

It'll easily reach 1.5 billion before the next drawing.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I can only imagine myself keeping 10 million at most.

No way I'm keeping all of that for myself.

So, 1.5 billion by Tuesday? I cannot even imagine having that much money. How shitty would it be if only one person wins the money,.

FTF

Is it at the point where you can buy one of every number combination and still make money?

lol fuck it is…there are 292 million possible combinations. A billionaire from a state with the lowest tax wins $800 million lump sum.

The issue is the logistics of being able to physically buy that many tickets…and the hope that you and only 1 other person wins.

Madness

Anyone who doesn't buy this time must have a Major Depressive Disorder.

Or they realize that you're statistically more likely to be killed in a car accident to and from buying these tickets than you are of winning. Think about it, your odds of being struck by lightning in a year are 1 in roughly 700k, the odds of you winning this are 1 in almost 293 million.

It's literally throwing the money away. You'd have a better chance if you instead played several local lotteries than the powerball. But I digress, people always justify it with the "so you're telling me there's a chance".

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Going to buy my tickets tomorrow. It's going to be a madhouse. With the rush on tickets for today's drawing, I bet some places run out of paper to print them on.

XenodudeX

We can line up for a fucking lotto ticket but we can't get out to vote in midterm elections and vote on meaning legislature that could help the poor more than this powerball bullshit. This fucking country.

Yes, I am salty for not getting the winning ticket.

Kadin

Gonna be another fun 4 days around here talking about what we're gonna do with the money when we win.

Rur0ni

We can line up for a fucking lotto ticket but we can't get out to vote in midterm elections and vote on meaning legislature that could help the poor more than this powerball bullshit. This fucking country.
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom