• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Message from Nier Automata devs

Arizato

First off, that was hilarious. Second, unless I remember incorrectly, this Robin is actually a member on NeoGAF, so it would be awesome to see him in this thread!

MSMrRound

Considering they invited said fan to hang out with Taro, I don't feel too bad

Robin's actually a gaming journalist in Germany if I'm not wrong. It's just like when Michael Huber got noticed by the developer for his reaction to Shenmue 3.

Nier sequel still feels surreal to me. My favorite game of the 7th gen.

Yoko Taro, shine on you crazy diamond.

Also, this video will make some very usable gifs.

They can delay to '18 for all I care. The things that the first Nier lacked were (a) another 12 months of overall polish and (b) a sense of cohesiveness, and these would've taken it from "excellent but flawed niche title" to "unquestionable GOAT JRPG".

Give 'em time. I don't mind waiting.

Rektash

Now would be the best time to announce a delay as the game has relativly little hype going right now. Not a lot of infos out yet.

Now would be the best time to announce a delay as the game has relativly little hype going right now. Not a lot of infos out yet.
I know they've said 2016 for this, but I am skeptical. They can delay til 2017, I don't care. I will wait. I'm already planning for FFXV and Persona 5 to consume most of my time this year anyway.

Robin's actually a gaming journalist in Germany if I'm not wrong. It's just like when Michael Huber got noticed by the developer for his reaction to Shenmue 3.

can you imagine if that dev 'parodied' Huber's happy tears?

this is strange to me I guess, why not use the original fan's reaction if they met with him... sorry I guess just confused at this message

PG working hard I hope can't wait to play this

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
can you imagine if that dev 'parodied' Huber's happy tears?

this is strange to me I guess, why not use the original fan's reaction if they met with him... sorry I guess just confused at this message

PG working hard I hope can't wait to play this
But the original reaction is part of this video. Maybe you need to increase the resolution or full screen the video but it really is not that difficult to understand what's going on.

Gbraga

I don't mind if they delay it, I'd just rather know about it as soon as possible. I can't take another Persona ride.

SilentRob

Well, this is awkward.

Some context: We shot our interview with both of them back in October and it was our idea to use Yoko Taro freaking out over my reaction as the intro to the interview. I approached them not really hoping for much but turns out, he went all in :p We shot this two or three times because it was real, real hard not laughing out loud watching this man go apeshit. Square liked it so much they wanted to use it as this thank you to the fans and we figured, sure, why not.

Yup, that's pretty much it. Althrough I can't rock a suit like Huber. Who can, though?

suikodan

I can say that I had a similar reaction when the game was announced except that I was more melting in my couch than yelling.

Gbraga

This thread just reminded me how crazy it is that we're getting a NieR sequel. Developed by Platinum. With Yoshida's art.

Just... wow.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, I seriously need to find a way to go drinking with Yoko Taro...

Top Bottom