• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to play Nier Automata, help

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
In NieR Automata the Route B is only repeatable playthrough from 9S perspective, Route C whole new chapter.

And its not like Replicant or Drakengard when you collect all the weapons to unlock the last route.

In Drakengard 3 not only you have to collect all the weapons, you also have fully upgrade all of them to unlock final route and even then you have to beat super cheap difficult true final boss to get final ending.

Yea,it sounded pretty off putting to me to have to play the game multiple times,but when I tried it I thought it was a great game.....the playthroughs are from different character perspectives so you aren't playing exactly the same thing every time.....the longer you play the better it gets.

And yet people still give up during route B. I can understand the tedium of Replicant getting to people, but Route B is the shortest part of the game. If someone is going to give up then, their attention span probably won't be enough to really appreciate the other endings.

Puscifer

People in this thread are WILD. OP you can literally just playthrough the main quest in about 15-20 hours, no real grinding required, side quest are definitely encouraged but the 20+ endings are basically jokes outside of the main.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
People in this thread are WILD. OP you can literally just playthrough the main quest in about 15-20 hours, no real grinding required, side quest are definitely encouraged but the 20+ endings are basically jokes outside of the main.
It’s inside joke of how Yoko taro games have multiple ending….you literally can go to bunker in early game and blow yourself up to get one of the joke ending.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I remember playing the first Nier fighting shades with Weiss still feels incredible.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I picked this up yesterday and wow, what a freaking game.

I had the first Nier (old guy version) but I didn't play much and remember very little.

I did not expect this game to incorporate so many shmup mechanics though it makes sense because I did remember the bullet hell aspect of the first game.

The camera work is freaking amazing. My mind is being blown like every 15 minutes and the SkillUp review says the game continues to do that all the way through.

And 2B's double jump animation... This game oozes style. I 100% understand why people speak so highly of this game. It's an absolute masterpiece so far.

cireza

I picked this up yesterday and wow, what a freaking game.

I had the first Nier (old guy version) but I didn't play much and remember very little.

I did not expect this game to incorporate so many shmup mechanics though it makes sense because I did remember the bullet hell aspect of the first game.

The camera work is freaking amazing. My mind is being blown like every 15 minutes and the SkillUp review says the game continues to do that all the way through.

And 2B's double jump animation... This game oozes style. I 100% understand why people speak so highly of this game. It's an absolute masterpiece so far.
And now enjoy the story completely breaking you. You rarely see such a good sci-fi story in a video-game. Steins Gate comes to mind and it was a novel.
You have to make it to the end. A + B + C + D or E

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
And now enjoy the story completely breaking you. You rarely see such a good sci-fi story in a video-game. Steins Gate comes to mind and it was a novel.
You have to make it to the end. A + B + C + D or E
Yea, I plan on going through the whole game hopefully before Stellar Blade. I've been going through games trying to find something engaging and Automata absolutely hit the spot. I effing love bullet hell type things.

TheAssist

Nier Automata is surely one of the greatest games of its generation. Didnt know what I was going into (havent played any Yoko Taro games before) and boy is it a masterpiece in storytelling, worldbuilding and character writing. Also some of the best music you'll ever hear in a game.

There were once rumors that Taro is developing a new FF game. I really would have liked to see that.

bumpkin

Only finished it once, it was fun but I don't get the hype (besides the "art"style). Started a second playthrough and like you said, I got fatigue. But can recommend, maybe you'll like it so much that you want more - and more - and more
That’s kinda where I’m at. I recently started playing the game and I’m starting to stall out in my second play-through. I think it’s the overlap in destinations and encounters (from the first time) is what’s boring me. It started off so strong too with you being on missions 9S was doing while 2B was doing hers, but when it shifted to the role reversal while retreading the same story/path, that’s where it lost me.

I haven’t completely abandoned it, I’m still gonna give it more time, but I’ve been playing other stuff instead for a palette cleanser.

Going back to your decision though, OP. The game is great, definitely give it a chance. I had low expectations going into it thinking all the hype was the half naked protagonist, but it brings together so many cool aspects with that patented Platinum game feel.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Why is the hell is NieR Automata still $40 on Steam?

I got it on PS4, but I throught. Hey, I would get a Steam copy. Screw you, Square Enix.

Aenima

After seeing Stellar Blade I realized I like games where the main character makes my winky go ooh ooh

I know Nier Automata will make tickle feelings for my winky but is it true that you have to complete the game three times to see the real ending and that it takes about 50 hours?

If so I might get fatigue on this genre which means I’ll be burned out before Stellar Blade. Then I’d rather skip Nier so my winky can enjoy the main event (Stellar Blade).

Thoughts on this? How long is Nier Automata?
You dont have to play the game 3 times, you have to play "3 chapters". The 1st and 2nd playthrough are identical but show diferent points of view and has new gameplay elements, the 3rd playthrough is totally diferent.

I really dislike the way they composed the story cuz most ppl see the credits the 1st time and think its done, when thers alot more game and story still there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom