• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega Man Legacy Collection has been patched

PS4 update is up now (Update - Steam and XB1 are live as well). It fixes most of the audio bugs and adds the Rockman versions of each game (already in the 3DS game), which is fantastic.

I'm still noticing some "popping" in certain tracks (Ice Man stage in MM1, "Get A Weapon" theme from MM2), but other issues seem to have been fixed, like the distorted audio that would occasionally appear during the stage select screen for each game.

Thanks to Piccoro for the image:

CdiQIOhWwAE4jV2.jpg

Gaffers, let us know if the update is live on Steam and XB1 as well. And thanks for Digital Eclipse and Capcom for finally releasing this update.

Edit -
Xbox One version is showing as updated.

Edit 2 -
Guess what updated on Steam, ya Blue Bombers.

Right-o, OrbitalBeard! New news thread!

Can't wait to try them Japanese versions of Megaman on my PS4 as soon as I get back home from work.

Curious how this performs now. I'll wait for an in depth review. If it turns out good I'll double dip and buy the PS4 version too (already have it on the 3DS)

what are the differences between Rockman and Mega man anyway? aside from names and such

Mostly minor stuff. Rockman 2 only has one difficulty (the western "Hard" mode) and Japanese text in some of the later games. Probably some other things I'm forgetting, but nothing big.

Mostly minor stuff. Rockman 2 only has one difficulty (the western "Hard" mode) and Japanese text in some of the later games. Probably some other things I'm forgetting, but nothing big.

For some reason the American Megaman 3 lacked a pizel art of Megaman in the title screen that the Japanese one did have.

I now realize that the PS2 Anniversary Collection was a weird mix of western and japanese versions. For example, Megaman 3 had the english title screen but featured the japanese's Megaman art on it. Megaman 2 didn't have difficulty options (just the one... the American "hard" mode).

PillarEN

Capcom loosening the purse strings? I'm almost surprised but I'm happy that this collection will be improved to what was the original intention of the devs.

Why the secrecy? What's the point of Capcom not letting them communicate "hey you guys that are complaining the game isn't running optimally, we have a patch incoming" to us? I don't get it.

It isn't secrecy. Publishers like to control communication on the games they publish. Capcom is no different. Having the dev on twitter speed dial doesn't mean they can respond to every question thrown their way, and is why a lot of developers opt to not communicate with their audience at all.

@MUWANdo

Banned
It isn't secrecy. Publishers like to control communication on the games they publish. Capcom is no different.

The message that came out post-MMLC 3DS was "Capcom doesn't care about fixing this game and is too cheap to even deploy existing patched that were completed months ago", all because Capcom refused to comment except to say they weren't planning any updates. If that was their attempt to "control communication" they did a poor fucking job.

That's really awesome. I'll buy this for sure one day.

Speaking of buying it, does the 3DS version contain all the extras that the other versions have? Do the other versions have 1on1 pixel mode (by that I mean, not stretched to 4:3)?

The message that came out post-MMLC 3DS was "Capcom doesn't care about fixing this game and is too cheap to even deploy existing patched that were completed months ago", all because Capcom refused to comment except to say they weren't planning any updates. If that was their attempt to "control communication" they did a poor fucking job.

Capcom did a shit job at communicating, no doubt, but hard to get mad at Cifaldi for a practice that is common across the industry.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Capcom did a shit job at communicating, no doubt, but hard to get mad at Cifaldi for a practice that is common across the industry.

Oh yeah, I'm not mad at him, I just wonder why he was even put in this position in the first place. Would it have really killed Capcom to at least make some token "we know there are issues, patch incoming, stay tuned!" statement at some point? Like, they literally told someone there would be no patch, like, last week. Why?

Maybe all the complaining actually worked, it's kinda hard to tell either way.

Crocodile

Good to hear. I want to pick up the 3DS version but I've been kind of scared off. Plz update when the 3DS version has been patched!

SCReuter

Hasn't even been asked about a 3DS patch yet?

That's disappointing.
Frank said he didn't find out about the MM5 issue until two days after the 3DS release, and that Digital Eclipse is no longer under contract by Capcom so a patch is less likely to happen.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Sounds like a failure to QA on DE's part.

If this was like other C-USA projects then C-USA probably handled QA.

There's a pattern of C-USA games launching with what seem like obvious bugs, so at some point you have to assume it goes beyond the failings of any individual studio and is a product of C-USA not putting enough money or resources into things, or being unwilling to commit to post-release support or whatever.

SCReuter

Frank's tweets regarding MM5 and a 3DS patch:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

He reveals that the 3DS compilation's slight, infrequent screen stutter is the result of the games performing "VBLANK tricks to move things around every scanline."

Still sitting with my unopened 3ds CE to see if there is a patch forthcoming. Returning it this weekend if no word.

Sad when emulation is a better option than a retail product.

Was there ever any explanation on why the Playstation Trophy list is so anemic compared to the Xbox and Steam Achievement list?

Frank's tweets regarding MM5 and a 3DS patch:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

He reveals that the 3DS compilation's slight, infrequent screen stutter is the result of the games performing "VBLANK tricks to move things around every scanline."

I didn't expect there to be a patch for the 3DS version. I actually played all the way through the English version of MM5, so it's definitely playable. But yeah, the Rockman version runs smoother.

Still sitting with my unopened 3ds CE to see if there is a patch forthcoming. Returning it this weekend if no word.

Sad when emulation is a better option than a retail product.

I have an unopened copy of the 3DSCE too, but it's unopened because I already got it digitally and beat all the games, and I don't have a device to read the amiibo yet.

Honestly, the games perform pretty well. An emulator on a computer is an option to play retro games of course, but this collection isn't too bad and it's a decent way to play them on the 3DS. They look a bit better than the VC releases, and they have autofire, which I love to use.

Top Bottom