• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlecry working on Doom 4's multiplayer and an unannounced FPS MP (Wolf?)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So with Battlecry's game Battlecry seemingly dead, the question becomes what they're working on.

Well, it seems to be Doom 4 and something else that's similar.

Doom 4: https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/932

ZeniMax said:
Gameplay Engineer
Division: Battlecry Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Austin , TX, US

BattleCry Studios is seeking qualified Gameplay Engineers to help create and maintain the Gameplay efforts on DOOM 4. As an Engineer, the scope of the candidate’s responsibilities will extend to lower-level client/server technology as required. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of, and experience in, the design and implementation of multiplayer, first-person shooter gameplay systems using C++.

Responsibilities

Design and architect new multiplayer game systems
Design and architect other client or server systems as required

Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project
Work very closely with design and art disciplines in the development of features
Write clear, maintainable, portable code
Participate in code and architecture reviews

Unannounced FPS MP (Wolfenstein maybe?): https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/965

ZeniMax Jobs said:
Gameplay Engineer
Division: Battlecry Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Austin , TX, US

BattleCry Studios is seeking a qualified Gameplay Engineer to help create and maintain the Gameplay efforts on an unannounced title. As an Engineer, the scope of the candidate’s responsibilities will extend to lower-level client/server technology as required. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of, and experience in, the design and implementation of multiplayer, first-person shooter gameplay systems using C++.

Responsibilities

Design and architect new multiplayer game systems
Design and architect other client or server systems as required

Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project
Work very closely with design and art disciplines in the development of features
Write clear, maintainable, portable code
Participate in code and architecture reviews

Since they have experience with Crytek, I wonder if they'll assist with Arkane Austin's Prey reboot?

Is that even still a thing that is down the pipeline? When was the last time we heard anything about Arkane working on Prey? Im guessing 2012, but is there any more recent news?

Mr. Tibbs

Is that even still a thing that is down the pipeline? When was the last time we heard anything about Arkane working on Prey? Im guessing 2012, but is there any more recent news?

The pitch documents leaked mid-2014, and their former HR manager Tweeted in late 2013 that the Austin studio was using Crytek for a new project (Lyon is using id tech).

Also, Austin went on a hiring spree in early 2014, adding dozens of positions.

In late 2014, Pete Hines said "[Prey's] a franchise we still believe we can do something with -- we just need to see what that something is," despite Bethesda forcing Arkane to reboot it in 2013.

Some people at Arkane Austin are upset about this decision, our tipster said, but higher-ups at the company are telling the team to forget that it's called Prey 2 and just treat it like a new System Shock—the first-person PC series that inspired games like Bioshock and Arkane's last project, Dishonored.

Daffy Duck

FPS games were so damn good in the Doom/Quake era, none of this mundane nonsense we get now.

I'll remove those rose tinted spectacles now.

Maxey

I thought the OP had fucked up the thread title until I realized that the dev is actually called Battlecry.

As much as I love what Machinegames did with Wolfenstein, I'd rather see them do it with Quake than do more Wolfenstein. (Quake 1 type setting plz)

Absolutely. We need a new technogothic shootfest.

Top Bottom