• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Quantum Break is now the best-selling new Microsoft Studios IP this generation"

Microsoft has said Quantum Break is now the best-selling new Microsoft Studios IP this generation, as well as being the best-selling boxed game in the UK this week.

That means it's outsold the week one sales of the likes of Insomniac's Sunset Overdrive and Crytek's Ryse, both new Microsoft Studios IP that launched this generation.

While Remedy's action shooter is out on Windows 10 and Xbox One, sales tracked by Chart-Track are for the Xbox One version only. Chart-Track does not include download sales in its report.

Quantum Break only just beat Codemasters' Dirt Rally to top spot. Dirt Rally launched on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One last week, and Quantum Break's single platform sales beat it by just 139 sales.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-11-quantum-break-uks-best-selling-boxed-game

Well deserved. I'd consider it one of the best story games this generation, and it has fun gameplay as well. If you like Alan Wake, Uncharted, and Tomb Raider then Quantum Break will be right up there for you. What surprised me the most was that the TV portion of the game is very good.

So congrats to Remedy for the successful launch sales. Now on to Alan Wake 2 maybe ;)

UPDATE:

MS clarified by MS IP's they mean Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Zoo Tycoon and Screamride.

https://twitter.com/vg_dave/status/719482363990929408

// The number so far for Quantum Break and Alan Wake's debuts in the UK:

The PAL Charts thread has some first week UK numbers/estimates: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206590

QB ~28K
Alan Wake ~36K

Ricky_R

Great news. TPS are alive and kicking.

Would love some numbers, but this would have to suffice.

Edit: Missed "New Ip" for some reason. Well, will have to wait for NPD to have an idea then.

I don't know how much that statement holds weight beyond serving as an eye-catching headline, but congrats to Remedy nonetheless. High-budget single player games that aren't set in an open-world need to live on.

Congratulations Quantum Break for selling more on first week than
-
-
-
and
-
during their entire shelf life.

edit: Well Zoo Tycoon I guess, as was pointed out below.

edit2: It's no fun since they consider Sunset Overdrive and Ryse MS IPs for this :(

So really it beat Zoo Tycoon and Screamride. Think those are the only two MS owned IP with retail releases so far. Sunset and Ryse don't count lol

Edit: maybe Rare Replay too even though that's really a collection

congrats remedy, you deserve it

congratulations.png

Good to hear positive reaction to the game from a sales perspective.

Now that Quantum Break is out in the wild, there's only one thing for Remedy to do next

tumblr_m75zsxynq41qfcqfdo1_r1_250.gif

Crazy surprise E3 announcements for Wake Returns and Sunrise Overset incoming :D

Ein Bear

Not really sure what games actually count here for it to have outsold, but hopefully QB did well regardless. I loves me some Remedy.

i thought they were spinning it so that SO and ryse weren't included, but now they aren't <28k for all those games opening weeks in Xboxes #2 territory is nothing more then piss poor.

ViciousDS

Banned
Good to hear positive reaction to the game from a sales perspective.

Now that Quantum Break is out in the wild, there's only one thing for Remedy to do next

tumblr_m75zsxynq41qfcqfdo1_r1_250.gif

Crazy surprise E3 announcements for Wake Returns and Sunrise Overset incoming :D

nah.....give us QB DLC announcement first..........with the notion they are working on the next alan wake as well lol

Congrats to Remedy, but like other Gaffers have mentioned, what does this mean exactly?

Dunno about Ryse, but I was under the impression Ted Price and the boys/gals over at Insomniac owened the Sunset Overdrive IP.

Microsoft PR, ladies and gentlemen.

Anyways, I really loved the game and I hope they fix the PC version so it sells even more, so we can get Quantum Break 2 or Alan Wake 2.

jelly

Would have got a nice bump if the PC version was good and also on Steam. I presume it will be pretty lopsided to Xbox One.

Top Bottom