• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 04/12/16

daydream

Banned

gbnc_deckhyuhn.png

Date: 04/12/2016 - Duration:
02:53:22
- Download

Bonfire Watch 2016 is on! In between trips to the Steam forums, we touch on early Star Fox Zero impressions, unearthed Neo Geo prototypes, the Ratchet reboot, entering the Gungeon, Nintendo's "friendly" market research, a variety of vape flavors, and the great video game CEO cage match.
gbnc_castbannernsug1.png

gbnc_bradwyux0.png
gbnc_jeffaeuy5.png
gbnc_danrgukf.png
gbnc_jasonahuh6.png

kmg90

I am really curious at what their take is on the Rockstar legal battle, I don't exactly remember what they said when the "news" broke of his "departure" from the company earlier this year....

KarmaCow

I am really curious at what their take is on the Rockstar legal battle, I don't exactly remember what they said when the "news" broke of his "departure" from the company earlier this year....

I think they (or the Beastcast) said it was probably nothing, Benzies was just tired after being in industry so long. Which was the reasonable assumption, he was just coming off a sabbatical.

When Jeff said you could be next to Paul McCartney standing next to his p...iano, I thought that was going somewhere entirely different given the context of that sentence.

braves01

Banned
just listened, seems like the game turned out to be what dan wanted only for him to find that he didn't actually want what he wanted

At least that's what he's complaining about and not the controls so much. If the controls were really that bad I think he'd have been more focused on those rather than the fact Star Fox isn't for him any more.

Cant wait to hear these impressions on Star Fox Wii U.

To me that game always looked really awkward and un-nintendo like. Didnt look appealing at all.

I'm still looking pretty forward to star fox zero despite jeff and dan's negative opinions. D:

Jeff's never really been into SF Has he?

Great emails segment this week.

Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Metroid: Zero Mission, WarioWare 1, and Wii Sports would probably be my five.

And then when you're done with those you move onto Mario Maker and experience the only Nintendo game that has mattered since Wii Sports.

Can't wait for the realization that star fox after snes is ass anyway and they made a mistake not releasing star fox 2

Well, it's pretty fun if you overclock the SuperFX chip to make it run at a reasonable speed.

pizzacat

Banned
Can't wait for the realization that star fox after snes is ass anyway and they made a mistake not releasing star fox 2

RE_Player

Yeah, I definitely noticed that during the conversation. Feels like Brad with Destiny.
Listening to it now it wasn't that bad. Nothing will top a defensive Brad.

Edit: I rarely get on Jeff's case in regards to his opinions on games but saying Star Fox 64 is bad is crazy! Crazy I say!

Edit 2: Jeff not liking the PS3 Ratchet games is crazy!!!

Yeah, 64 isn't perfect but it's without a doubt the best game in the franchise currently. Assault's Level structure and design and Game Feel (Sound design, how the arwing reacts to bumping into things, Boosting, braking, how enemies crash sometimes into each other and explode gloriously and throwing out a bomb are all weak) are big steps down and the overall Graphical improvement does not compensate for that.

Listening to it now it wasn't that bad. Nothing will top a defensive Brad.

Edit: I rarely get on Jeff's case in regards to his opinions on games but saying Star Fox 64 is bad is crazy! Crazy I say!

Edit 2: Jeff not liking the PS3 Ratchet games is crazy!!!

The thing about SFV is that the actual game is great. Like, when you're playing you're having a blast. The characters are unique, the balance is good. Its just that literally everything surrounding the gameplay is a shit show. If you're a competitive player then you already got your money's worth. Its just a shame that the majority aren't competitive players.

Top Bottom