• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 07/26/16 - Episode 440

Kusagari

I burst out laughing when Jeff went "Don't worry they'll fuck it up tonight" about WWE actually being on a streak of good shows.

He was right.

Curufinwe

Brad and Drew must really struggle with aiming in third person shooters to feel the need to drop below Medium difficulty in Uncharted 4.

No_Style

This is still an audio podcast for me. I don't foresee an instance of me watching it live unless I'm on vacation.

Also, Jeff talks about repeating stories on the podcast forever and he later on repeats a story about "change stealing lady". Fantastic!

When Dan gets real excited and starts talking really
loudly and fast like it's really endearing but in an annoying way

He's like a kid who just saw star wars telling you about all of the fights

was that the point when he went back and forth like six times on whether an actor was in a specific movie or not? that part was annoying

Mr. F

Banned
I'll probably tune in for guests, but otherwise probably sticking to audio. Also all their sets are super depressing/boring since moving floors, distinct lack of an Obama standee/luchadeer

Brad and Drew must really struggle with aiming in third person shooters to feel the need to drop below Medium difficulty in Uncharted 4.

I never needed to, but there were definitely some moments in UC4 where I considered it.

Has nothing to do with skill, the game just flat out isn't fun when you're slapping to cover constantly to regenerate. However the game feels great when you are running and gunning and trying to creatively dispatch foes, it's a shame that the game even on normal encourages you to just camp behind cover and slowly thin the herds, it's just so fucking boring sitting behind cover taking pop shots when you could be swinging around on a rope and firing a machine gun like a madman without worrying about having to scramble to the closest cover.

RE: Sonic 4

Sonic 4 hype was real with the debut teaser but the second they started showing actual gameplay peoples heart sank. Sonic 4 just looked bad. The animation was terrible. It looked like it was made with babies first tile based level editor and it only got worse the more they showed...

Sonic Mania at least looks good and the people making it at least know how to make a Sonic game that doesnt feel like shit so that is a plus. But the team has its experience remaking classic sonic games. I have my worries if they have the chops creating original levels.

That segment was so weird because Dan got so caught up in Action Movie Cage, they completely breezed past the two most infamously..."nouveau shamanic" Cage performances: Bad Lieutenant and Vampire's Kiss.

Bad Lieutenant is incredible, I remember being at a friends house and it was just on in the background and somehow noone else was intrigued by what was going on, while I was just captivated by Nicolas Cage being haunted by the hallucination of iguanas.
Totally worth ignoring friends for shit like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqvnRyierAE

Wensih

TIS-100, that other assembly language program game, was amazing! It made my top 10 of last year. I still haven't completed all the puzzles in it, but I've played it for close to 20 hours before I began teaching myself java at the beginning of the year.

Hasney

RE: Sonic 4

Sonic 4 hype was real with the debut teaser but the second they started showing actual gameplay peoples heart sank. Sonic 4 just looked bad. The animation was terrible. It looked like it was made with babies first tile based level editor and it only got worse the more they showed...

Sonic Mania at least looks good and the people making it at least know how to make a Sonic game that doesnt feel like shit so that is a plus. But the team has its experience remaking classic sonic games. I have my worries if they have the chops creating original levels.

And since it was playable, people have played 2 zones and they seem pretty pumped.

Top Bottom