• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda delayed until 2017 citing quality, in development for both Wii U and NX

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/725220239546290176

[News] had been scheduled to be released in 2016, but is the Wii U, "The Legend of Zelda: The latest", for further quality improvement, now that I am allowed to delay the release in 2017. Humbly thank you for your understanding. It should be noted that, in the Wii U version and the simultaneous release schedule, we are also developing the NX version.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/725220505465151488

ChCAMKDU0AABGTh.jpg

Interesting! Confirms rumours :)

AdanVC

I'm so done with Nintendo. What they will bring to Wii U this holiday then?? Another Animal Crossing shitty spin-off? Another Mario Party? Soo dissapointed.

NoKisum

So unless Nintendo has some big surprise for us this E3, does this mean that Paper Mario Color Splash is now their big Holiday 2016 title?

Varg

Banned
Time to sell my wii u. Had a good run with it. Safe to sell now that nothing is on the table for this year.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why would the NX version affect the WiiU version release date?

Same reason it did with Twilight Princess. Zelda is Nintendo's biggest hitter in terms of prestige, they aren't going to let it hit a dead console before their new one.

roytheone

Man, with this news, is the wiiU in 2016 one of the weakest line ups for a main platform ever? Or do they have more games to reveal?

Okay, so, the only thing I'm really dissapointed about is the fact that it's been delayed to 2017.

BUT the last Zelda game that saw delay after delay after delay was OoT and that was a masterpiece, so this is actually more of a good omen to me.

Will definitely get both Wii U and NX versions, as I did with Twilight Princess. Would be awesome if it had a huge Limited Edition ala Dark Souls 2. Would definitely buy that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Man, with this news, is the wiiU in 2016 one of the weakest line ups for a main platform ever? Or do they have more games to reveal?

They stopped allocating major internal resources to the Wii U 2 years ago, there won't be any major titles we don't already know about.

Top Bottom