• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda delayed until 2017 citing quality, in development for both Wii U and NX

If the delay is to polish the game, that's fine. If the game is already finished and they're just delaying because they don't want the Wii U version to release before the NX version, then fuck off with that shit.

Anth0ny

If the delay is to polish the game, that's fine. If the game is already finished and they're just delaying because they don't want the Wii U version to release before the NX version, then fuck off with that shit.

it's twilight princess all over again...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Glad it's coming to NX. Wish they would ditch the WiiU version/hardware shackles all together.

E-Cat

Is it just me or does Link look more manly now? Could it be they ditched the gender ambivalence in favor of a choosable sex?

Nintendo continues to be a very weird company. I do not understand the business strategy at all not showing off the NX at E3. I'm okay with being patient with Zelda.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Kimishima gives no fucks.

Oh, he gives fucks alright... about mobile. He clearly doesn't believe in their hardware business anymore and wants to focus on mobile. He'll probably even talk about that at E3 as if anyone gives two fucks.

Fuck Kimishima. I hope this all blows up in his face.

Mugen08

Not this again. I mean I was expecting it but I have been saving a nearly mint-condition WiiU just in order to play the next Zelda which is not only delayed once more but now there will probably be a superior version on the NX. Not fun.

Nintendo continues to be a very weird company. I do not understand the business strategy at all not showing off the NX at E3. I'm okay with being patient with Zelda.

The strategy is fairly easy to deduce.

Host your own event, away from the event were to competitors are likely to reveal their own hardware refresh, so all the spotlight and messaging is coming from you. Also, more time for demos to be ready.

People are reading not being at E3 as not being revealed in 2016 at all.

Chobel

"Zelda delayed until 2017 citing quality"

The bigger news is that NX is gonna be officially called "quality"

They better have something else I can play on my Wii U this E3 because they are sending it off on a whimper right now. 3DS is at least getting another "I can't hold all these games!" years.

Oh, he gives fucks alright... about mobile. He clearly doesn't believe in their hardware business anymore and wants to focus on mobile. He'll probably even talk about that at E3 as if anyone gives two fucks.

After the smash hit Miitomo I doubt he is that confident.

Except for the part where the mobile games were planned by Iwata.

Kuni

Excellent. Makes complete sense and makes it much more likely I might dive in at some point (unless the system is another Wii U).

Sooo...Giant Robo, Paper Mario, #FE...and that's it for the rest of the year unless they announce a quickie schedule-filler franchise spinoff or two at E3 like they did last year.

At least now they can say Wii U is still seeing major releases in 2017.

That's alot to spout from your ass. Going mobile was in the cards before iwata died and they are following a plan set in motion YEARS ago.

Calm the fuck down and think like a rational human being.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Lol, remember when this game was supposed to launch in 2015 - BEFORE STARFOX? Now, it's launching in 2017, almost a year after Starfox.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
After the smash hit Miitomo I doubt he is that confident.
You realize Miitomo isn't a game and Nintendo isn't even pushing iAP?

These posts will look silly once the drop the real f2p mobile games with gacha hooks. A handful of successful mobile games will likely make more money than their whole WiiU library.

Reggie: 2016 marks the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series. We won't let it go to waste just because (Subtitle of Subtitle) isn't releasing until March, however. We're preparing a special 30th Anniversary Zelda bundle, that includes The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, and a special Gold Link Amiibo, all for the discounted price of $149.99.

d7d.gif

AzaK

Reggie: 2016 marks the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series. We won't let it go to waste just because (Subtitle of Subtitle) isn't releasing until March, however. We're preparing a special 30th Anniversary Zelda bundle, that includes The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, and a special Gold Link Amiibo, all for the discounted price of $149.99.

Sad thing is, I could believe this to be true.

Neoxon

Glad it's coming to NX. Wish they would ditch the WiiU version/hardware shackles all together.
They won't. The game was originally promised for the Wii U, & they'd likely face some backlash if they did away with the Wii U version altogether. Going the Twilight Princess route was honestly the best decision.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
hd-remasters-new-smash-bros-characters-and-zelda-wii-u-nintendo-direct-returns-with-a-d-710400.gif

lol, I love how they made an effort to show off 10 more seconds of footage in last year's Direct just to make this moot point.

AdanVC

I simply found hilarious how Aonuma promise us the game will launch in 2015 on that Game Awards Show segment and holy shit nope. TWO YEARS LATER instead!

Good lord, so of the NX release is delayed as well next year, we might very well be seeing another Zelda delay as well? I guess that's why they simply say 2017 for zelda, sigh.

Top Bottom