• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda delayed until 2017 citing quality, in development for both Wii U and NX

AzaK

And you know what? All the NINTENDO fans will just lap it all up no matter what Nintendo do.

At least I can just go ahead and get a NEO now.

cireza

If you are a Wii U player, you better like the 2 games that are going to released on Wii U this year...

So, anyone expecting Skyward Sword HD announcement at E³?

They can't just focus on one console game for the whole E³, that's even missing 2016, doesn't matter that it is Zelda ... and it saddens me that i have to write that as a HUGE Zelda fan.
3DS side is covered with the late western ports of so many games and Pokemon, but for Wii U, they have that Tokyo Mirage Fire Emblem game and Paper Mario.

REGGIE: Reggie: 2016 marks the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series. We won't let it go to waste just because (Subtitle of Subtitle) isn't releasing until March, however.

In 2003, we released The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition on the Nintendo GameCube as a promotional bonus. This fall, Wii U owners can get their hands on a boxed Wii U edition of this fantastic collection, with additional download codes in the box for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on Virtual Console, as well as demos of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. All for only $49.99. For $10 more, you'll receive a Gold Link Amiibo,

El Odio

Banned
Reggie: 2016 marks the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series. We won't let it go to waste just because (Subtitle of Subtitle) isn't releasing until March, however. We're preparing a special 30th Anniversary Zelda bundle, that includes The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, and a special Gold Link Amiibo, all for the discounted price of $149.99.
Throw in some kind of book similar to Hyrule Historia, though probably less expansive, and you probably got reality right there.

And you know what? All the NINTENDO fans will just lap it all up no matter what Nintendo do.

Posts like this are really annoying. Like, are you even reading the posts in this thread or the other threads on the front page?

MuchoMalo

Banned
Except for the part where the mobile games were planned by Iwata.

I know, but Kimi seems to be taking it as far as possible and making it the company's primary focus. Why else would they do this? I guess it's possible that NX itself was delayed for some reason such as using 14nmFF and needing better yields, but that still doesn't change the fact that this is the worst decision Nintendo has never made. What's next? No Super Bowl TV ads? Pulling a Sega Saturn? I just can't wrap my head around this. This also implies that only the Wii U version of Zelda will be shown at E3. What kind of sense does that make?

Either Kimishima has changed the focus of the company, or he's going senile. You don't miss E3. It doesn't matter if the console isn't ready yet. Iwata showed a fucking empty box at E3 2005! And making the possibly inferior version one game the focus of the entire E3 conference!? At that point, they're better off just skipping E3 entirely. There is no sense behind this at all.

It's funny. Nintendo seems to always find a way to do worse than everyone's lowest expectations. That's why I'm lowering my expectations for NX to the floor. It's either just a handheld that connects to a TV, or an overclocked Wii U with a different controller. No, I don't believe LCGeek anymore.

ReyVGM

REGGIE: Reggie: 2016 marks the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series. We won't let it go to waste just because (Subtitle of Subtitle) isn't releasing until March, however.

In 2003, we released The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition on the Nintendo GameCube as a promotional bonus. This fall, Wii U owners can get their hands on a boxed Wii U edition of this fantastic collection, with additional download codes in the box for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on Virtual Console, as well as demos of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. All for only $49.99. For $10 more, you'll receive a Gold Link Amiibo,

Is this real or a joke?

MicH

This is ridiculous :lol The game is rivaling Mighty No. 9 in terms of delays.

E3 looking to be even more disappointing than last year with no NX. I doubt they have a lot of
Wii U titles to reveal

Jb

Is it really too much to ask to have LTTP and Link's Awakening on the disc and not as download codes? :/

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Nintendo couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. You'd think the way they constantly delay titles that there's only 5 people working flat out on software.

g.r.e.

What are they going to have for Christmas? Why am I even asking this, they don't even seem to care that much to begin with.

raven777

Gematsu
‏@gematsucom
The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game Nintendo brings to E3. Complete E3 plans will be announced later on.

Is it really too much to ask to have LTTP and Link's Awakening on the disc and not as download codes? :/

It was a joke about how one of Nintendo's big Mario anniversary things was printing the Mario All-Stars ROM on a Wii disc, and the likelihood that if Nintendo ever released another Zelda collection they'd do the same thing.

ReyVGM

I wonder, will the Wii U Zelda be the focus at E3 or will they show the NX one?

I know they said no NX at E3, which means they can't show the NX Zelda because that would mean showing the controller.

But it's strange they are going to show the "worst" version out of the two.

Chao

Worst kept secret in history of gaming.

We all knew NX version was a given and that WiiU's version wouldn't be out until NX is.

It's nice to have a confirmation but it was expected.

Question is: what the fuck am I going to be playing this holiday?

MuchoMalo

Banned
Gematsu
‏@gematsucom
The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game Nintendo brings to E3. Complete E3 plans will be announced later on.

...........................................................................................

I have no words. Kimishima really doesn't care about E3 at all.

Sandfox

Nintendo couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. You'd think the way they constantly delay titles that there's only 5 people working flat out on software.

The quality excuse is obviously not the real reason.

Posts like this confuse me.

Chobel

Gematsu
‏@gematsucom

105.gif

Ponn

Banned
I am honestly baffled right now.

What the hell is Nintendo doing

Hoping their fans have extremely short memories of how they are treating them with their current console and hoping they will jump into their next one screaming "No, this time they will do me right"

I'm about as disappointed about a 2017 release as the next guy, but this is a pretty dumb knee-jerk post to make considering that there were already pages of disappointed Wii U owners before this.

jrush64

Banned
There are honestly no words on earth I can use to describe my anger at this game being delayed again. It will be more than 5 whole years since Skyward Sword now.

I cant even...

Thoraxes

Gematsu
‏@gematsucom

err, what

what

Complete E3 plans later means maybe they could add more. Uh what.

So no playable NX this year at E3 too? Or maybe they'll just focus on only showing that stuff?

No 3DS games either?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I bought my Wii U last summer thinking that I was gonna be playing this game at least a year from then.

Son

Of

A

Bitch.

Gematsu
‏@gematsucom

This smells like trolling. Nintendo may be Nintendo but they wouldn't only bring a single game to show at E3, not even they are that crazy.

Top Bottom