• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minor: Nintendo New York holding Private Event on May 5 (09:00 AM - 01.00 PM)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This was posted in the "What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources" thread, thought it was worth a mention:

On 5/5, the second floor will be closed until 1PM due to a private event at #NintendoNYC.
Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/727617586259628032

What could this possibly be, internal staff training event for E3/Zelda perhaps, something NX related even? Or somebody has rented the space for a birthday party maybe?

Someone nearby could perhaps sneak by tomorrow and take a pic or two.

Update:
We're here at the #NintendoNY store at 30 Rock for a demo of #DisneyArtAcademy!
https://mobile.twitter.com/idigitalt...13663295885312

Regiruler

Rösti;202631823 said:
This was posted in the "What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources" thread, thought it was worth a mention:

What could this possibly be, internal staff training event for E3/Zelda perhaps, something NX related even? Or somebody has rented the space for a birthday party maybe?

What if it's all 3 and little Bobby will have seen the new Zelda on NX before anybody else?
Wedding from what my Nintendo group was saying. Not the first time apparently

That's a bit of a strange location for a wedding.

Nibel

Internal staff being told that the actual private event at #NintendoNYC will take place in 2017

Plum

This IS the NX reveal event. The "let nobody know but internal sales teams until release" strategy will be the key to achieving Wii-levels of success.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Probably a birthday party or something
3a0.gif

In case you need to overhype yourselves and be heavily disappointed afterwards: last time they closed the second floor, Nintendo Direct was announced in few days. And, from what I remember, this is not the first time Nintendo does that.

NateDrake

Whatever it is, it's almost certainly something that's being overblown and is probably irrelevant to fans

Edit: It really can't be that exciting--the store isn't that big and there are giant windows there as I recall; whatever's there could probably be seen from outside

Nintendo has an actual NY office for showing secret things off.

Somehow folks will be disappointed by a non-event because some crazy website will run a story about a "secret" Nintendo meeting taking place tomorrow.

Josh5890

Guys I just did the math. It starts at 9 a.m, it will last 4 hours, and it is on the 2nd floor.

9-4-2= HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED NX EXCLUSIVE!

cyba89

All of you saying 'it's nothing' will look pretty foolish when they'll have their big NX REVEAL DIRECT tomorrow.

joseotero

Neo Member
Rösti;202631823 said:

Update: Wedding apparently.

Nintendo Hosts Disney Art Academy Preview Event at the Nintendo NY Store with Disney Channel’s Sabrina Carpenter on Thursday, May 5

Photos Available on Business Wire’s Website and the Associated Press Photo Network

b0zRe1vmDiBiSHvpiA_JmWesF_ISsBIZUwbuK3lYMpzPXTdQVlhFOG7G9-AqRg8xeXE5IR1xfBnJAn9IngZ6glG197Y6D_kOLZJqsB0Tj4ga7ojOV6W432BqQQJRgKOI0hfSJ-YQ7D-Q859W1jv-11Y=s0-d-e1-ft

--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Photos of Nintendo’s Disney Art Academy Preview Event at the Nintendo NY Store with Disney Channel’s Sabrina Carpenter are available on Business Wire’s website and the Associated Press photo network.

#muchadoaboutnothing

Docpan

7 figure wedding at least. Wish I was in the top 1% to have a wedding like that

7 figure wedding? In a fucking Nintendo retail store with boxes and tshirts and stand up dolls everywhere? Get real bro.

I'm imagining Dominoes pizza boxes and Carvel ice cream cake...

Top Bottom