• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Official Gameplay Trailer (PS4 footage)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
27079361746_49aa9fed59_h.jpg

Boom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73mCml74aXs

nib95

Banned
The actual gameplay segments don't look that graphically impressive tbh, or at least they're less of a graphical jump than I was expecting. I wonder what if Sony's inadvertently fucked them with the whole VR and Neo thing. Polyphony are already pretty slow, now they essentially have two more versions of the game they need to optimise. Still, the release is a long way off, I guess we'll see.

What's with the shitty music of some kid with tourettes shouting out? I haven't a clue as to why they're sticking with it, chuck that shit away. Great trailer besides that.

Graphics aren't impressive, that music was god fucking awful, tracks look super basic and low detail. The photo mode looks really awesome though.

Jesus Christ that's some rough aliasing. Hopefully this is addressed before release. Also a shame the trailer wasn't uploaded in 60FPS.

And that song is the worst thing I've heard since the trailer for Infinite Warfare.

Otherwise I like a lot of what I'm seeing.

Caayn

Toll of 60fps is showing, even on PS4.

Speaking about framerate I wonder how this new iteration of Gran Turismo will do in that department.
Graphically, Drive Club is still the king.
inb430fps
Expecting a 60fps racer to look better than a 30fps racer is silly.

xrnzaaas

Well they are honest about showing "standard" gameplay, but if you've seen one of the many Driveclub ingame trailers and know how awesomely they were directed you won't be blown away by this video.

Hawk269

The actual gameplay segments don't look that graphically impressive tbh, or at least they're less of a graphical jump than I was expecting. I wonder what if Sony's inadvertently fucked them with the whole VR and Neo thing. Polyphony are already pretty slow, now they essentially have two more versions of the game they need to optimise. Still, the release is a long way off, I guess we'll see.

Agree. All the obvious photo mode areas look fantastic, but the gameplay portions seemed underwhelming to me. Still something I will buy, but I guess after all this time I was expecting it to look a little better in the gameplay portions. From what I can tell in that trailer, the highest on track car count was 14, which I hope is not true, many of the gameplay portions should a on-track car count of 8-10 only.

Seems like a lot of effort is being put into locations for photo taking purposes, while that stuff is neat, I wish they would dedicate more to improving on-track details which is something GT series has always not been too hot. But it is early and a ways off like Nib95 has stated.

Some of you guys don’t get the nature of the game it seems. This is kinda for the hardcore fans from what I can tell, I wouldn’t expect a lot of games to match DriveClub either when it allows hardly any customization and is running at 30fps. We haven’t seen weather shots or anything like that from GTS as well. First impression, that looks amazing, honestly, I’m not sure what planet I’m from anymore, impressed the heck out of me, not noticing “terrible aliasing” or “low textures” lol..

I'm ok with the graphics considering it is a 60fps title but still, kinda feeling disappointed now since GTS will release over two years after DC, and you might as well expect some graphical showcase considering the development process and SDK matured a lot compared to DC.

New photo mode looks HAWT though.

inner-G

Banned
We'll see how it all comes together

It's going to have to take a lot to get me to want to buy another wheel setup, all the decent ones are expensive as fuck. I still find it dumb that USB wheels/sticks from PS3 won't work, regardless of their reasoning.

coolmast3r

Sp the photomode segment was the only part of the trailer when I thought to myself - "yeah, that is pretty cool".

Was expected to be blown away like in the good old times of first GT5 trailers.

Is it me or the gameplay looked not that much different graphically from GT5/GT6?

Loris146

Sp the photomode segment was the only part of the trailer when I thought to myself - "yeah, that is pretty cool".

Was expected to be blown away like in the good old times of first GT5 trailers.

Is it me or the gameplay looked not that much different graphically from GT5/GT6?

They were not "real" trailers anyway.

golem

Still early but looks like Polyphony cant even hit 60 on the PS4. Probably have to get a Neo to get close to a stable framerate :/

xrnzaaas

Some of you guys don’t get the nature of the game it seems. This is kinda for the hardcore fans from what I can tell, I wouldn’t expect a lot of games to match DriveClub either when it allows hardly any customization and is running at 30fps. We haven’t seen weather shots or anything like that from GTS as well. First impression, that looks amazing, honestly, I’m not sure what planet I’m from anymore, impressed the heck out of me, not noticing “terrible aliasing” or “low textures” lol..

Well we also have Project CARS for comparison. That game was a simulator (and that took a lot of CPU power), it ran mostly in 60fps, offered a chance to have 40 cars on the track, had dynamic weather and with all that it didn't look too bad. :) We'll see if GTS is able to match it.

zorbsie

Livery editor looks good. Nice addition. That photomode looked bananas! I can't wait to fool around with that mode.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well we also have Project CARS for comparison. That game was a simulator, it ran mostly in 60fps, offered a chance to have 40 cars on the track, had dynamic weather and with all that it didn't look too bad. :) We'll see if GTS is able to match it.

That's being a little bit generous. :p

KingJ2002

The video compression is terrible but i can see that the game will look amazing at launch... especially if a ps neo is there.

sirnastay

Neo Member
Seems a lot beefier than the last spin off (GT:5 Prologue) so that is a big positive. I think it looks solid but, I'm excited to see how this looks on PSVR and or PS Neo.

coolmast3r

They were not "real" trailers anyway.

Yeah, sure they were not real. But the game itself was one of the best looking (if not the best) racing game of its time. So there's that.

Plus, what a shitty way to showcase your game in action. The trailer (not the footage itself) is pretty lame looking.

xrnzaaas

That's being a little bit generous. :p

I think it depends on how you played it. If you play each race with a full pack you can notice it dropping (and if you turn on weather as well you can kill the engine ;)). Other than that I think it was really okay and it was a good decision they didn't go for the locked 30fps. Plus SMS is not a big developer and they don't have "unlimited funding" so I think it was a really good effort. I'm looking forward to what they'll show in pCARS 2.

The Eurogamer preview mentioned frame drops in a 20 car race (presumably with clear weather conditions) so we'll see how much optimization PD can do. And if 20 cars will be the limit.

Top Bottom