• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Official Gameplay Trailer (PS4 footage)

Bad looking shadows, 2D trees are still there everywhere, lots of tearing and aliasing and colisions look just as bad as always.

Fuck, I was hoping for great improvements. :(

HwijEur.jpg

Ewwwwww

T.O.P

Banned
Bad looking shadows, 2D trees are still there everywhere, lots of tearing and aliasing and colisions look just as bad as always.

HwijEur.jpg

Ewwwwww

That looks straight out of Forza 5

@hell i might have been too generous, but i remember it lookin eh as well

MaDKaT

Was certainly hoping/expecting a better showing. How it does on PSVR is going to make or break this game for me.

prag16

Banned
Looks good. I see at least one oval track on there. No full list yet I'm assuming?

Any word on 2 player splitscreen for local multi? GT has traditionally had this, but this is a disappearing feature among AAA games. I'll buy this if it has it. If it doesn't, I'll likely pass.

Is this a GT7 "replacement" or are we getting a "full" GT7 in a couple years also?

Really seems like just the bare minimum effort. If they haven't fixed the sounds and still don't have the game running at 1080p60, what am I paying for? I figured this would at least be a $40 game, but it seems like it's full price.

Pungza

HwijEur.jpg

Ewwwwww

Yeesh, hope this is just early. They cant say this then have 2d wall of trees

Landscape

Huge strides have also been made in landscape expressions. See each and every leaf on a tree as it sways in the wind. Weather, time and the age of the tree are considered when reproducing it in the game, right down to its bark. Even the asphalt possesses unique characters, regarding its size, grain and distribution of the asphalt surface. Thanks to advanced data capturing and the perceptional talents of the artists, Gran Turismo approaches landscape reproduction from every aspect.

While you may not notice the level of detail in the cars and tracks while driving in normal gameplay, you will see it in replays and in Photo Mode where you can study the images up close.

Elios83

The trailer certainly could have been edited in a decent way.
One thing is to be honest and show actual gameplay footage, the other is leaving unedited footage showing weird camera angles and low res flat textures going full screen :p
The trailer does only a good job at showcasing the photomode LOL the rest looks unfinished and rushed together using a couple of replays, same annoying music as in the October announcement trailer as well.

Makikou

Even more disheartening, it's hard to hear the difference. I tried some of the noisier cars available in the current build, and the GT3 458 Ferrari droned rather than screamed, the Corvette whined rather than rumbling the earth as it does in real life.

:/

Angel_DvA

it doesn't look good at all, I might take FH3 instead of this.

Edit: Driveclub is the best looking game for sure but it isn't running at 60FPS like GT Sport is suppose to be.

That looks disappointing visually. What are they thinking? It should at least compete with Driveclub...Don't Sony share internal tech?

DavidDesu

Yeesh, hope this is just early. They cant say this then have 2d wall of trees

Landscape

Huge strides have also been made in landscape expressions. See each and every leaf on a tree as it sways in the wind. Weather, time and the age of the tree are considered when reproducing it in the game, right down to its bark. Even the asphalt possesses unique characters, regarding its size, grain and distribution of the asphalt surface. Thanks to advanced data capturing and the perceptional talents of the artists, Gran Turismo approaches landscape reproduction from every aspect.

While you may not notice the level of detail in the cars and tracks while driving in normal gameplay, you will see it in replays and in Photo Mode where you can study the images up close.

Are they having a laugh?! Screenshots show tired old repeated road textures, clearly seen repeated in the same image. That clip from the trailer shows terrible looking walls of trees on either side of the track. Dirt Rally looks better than this, tons of dense trees and foliage etc. WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING?!

And hey, this is what they're presenting at their big launch event, so there's no excuse. No way they can say well this is still a WIP so things might improve. It's only a few months away and this appears to be what we'll be getting. I'm really disappointed, I honestly thought PD would be back to their graphical prowess best on PS4, and after all this time. Pretty fucking lame.

ViciousDS

Banned
the environment tracks are the only thing I seem to even care about.....and racing through a city at night. Everything else looks boring, bland, very unimpressive.......and dear heavens the shimmering!

I didn't see anything that made me go......damn I want this.

Were there any rain shots? I don't think I saw any.

drotahorror

Well that was extremely underwhelming.

much lower than 30fps reflections
horrible AA solution (if there is any at all)
no idea what the sound is like

I thought all those 'Scapes' were tracks but now I realize they're just part of some elaborate photomode, which is cool but unnecessary for the trailer imo.

Based on youtube compression, it looks like any other 60fps car game on console.

Ricky_R

HwijEur.jpg

Ewwwwww

O.O Whether that's representative of the final game or not, that looks... bad.

Putty

Yeah this isn't off to the best of starts i'm afraid...And realistically i'm not expecting any miracles from now to release...This is the same PD i've followed for years...As one of Sony's premium studio's they should have access to the very best tools/engineers on the planet.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Motion blur on replay is nice
Lighting looks damn good - going to guess it's realtime day/night transitions (better be)
Anti-aliasing is rough
Looks an improvement over GT6 but leaves me saying hmmmmm

ViciousDS

Banned
Well that was extremely underwhelming.

much lower than 30fps reflections
horrible AA solution (if there is any at all)
no idea what the sound is like

I thought all those 'Scapes' were tracks but now I realize they're just part of some elaborate photomode, which is cool but unnecessary for the trailer imo.

Based on youtube compression, it looks like any other 60fps car game on console.

prepare for insane disappointment

Even more disheartening, it's hard to hear the difference. I tried some of the noisier cars available in the current build, and the GT3 458 Ferrari droned rather than screamed, the Corvette whined rather than rumbling the earth as it does in real life. (For his part, Yamauchi says the sound has been worked upon significantly since Gran Turismo 6 and that it'll meet people's expectations - although I played it on headphones, perhaps it's best to wait until it's away from a busy show floor).

I no longer want the game......will definitely wait for reviews on the sound alone. But everything points to the fact this game is literally a graphically updated GT6.

Perhaps it's because we've been spoilt by the splendour of Forza Motorsport, already into its second iteration on Xbox One, or Assetto Corsa, which is about to make its console debut later this summer. Gran Turismo Sport, however, looks, sounds and plays just like Gran Turismo 6 on the Playstation 3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-19-gt-sport-preview

Falchion

So it's taken this much development time to come up with this? Looks like Forza has got it licked graphically.

Toll of 60fps is showing, even on PS4.

Speaking about framerate I wonder how this new iteration of Gran Turismo will do in that department.

Expecting a 60fps racer to look better than a 30fps racer is silly.

Didn't expect it to. But I certainly expected it to look better than that. Environments are still pants. Cars look fantastic though.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Who OK'd this shitty kid's music? Ughhh.
Not impressed graphically either tbh; then again, it is youtube quality.

Top Bottom