• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop 5th year anniversary sale (JP only for now, up to 50% off 100 titles)

hero_img.png

I just received an email about this from Nintendo Japan. It's already been 5 years since the 3DS eShop opened, so there's a big sale of up to 50% off 100 games, with an extra 10% off if you buy through your Nintendo Account!

Lots of good deals on big first party games (Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Rhythm Tengoku: The Best Plus), smaller first party titles like Dillon's Rolling Western and virtual console games, including the SNES New 3DS ones.

Then there's a bunch of third party games on sale, like Sega's Stella Glow, Dragon Quest VIII, Battle Cats, Azure Striker Gunvolt and so on.

It's Japan only for now, so hopefully Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe are planning something similar, since it's a great reminder of how far the eShop's library has come since it launched five years ago with a measly offering of Game Boy games, the DSiWare library and 3D ExciteBike (which was admittedly great).

eltercero

GameBoy Virtual Console will be quite cheap I guess. I mean, it looks like Super Mario Land 2 will be for around $1,70

I guess I'll have to setup the eShop in my Japanese 3DS.

Schlomo

Oh dear, goodbye homebrew I guess.

Alternatively, time to do that insanely convoluted dual NAND thing...

Just saw a screen shot of FFII scroll by... Man NA eShop is so messed up.

It's a shame Square Enix never published the FF1 remake outside of Japan either. I had a quick look at it and it isn't just a quick port of the PSP version like I thought it would - they've reconstructed all the environments in actual 3D, using textures that match the visuals of the PSP remake. Really cool.

Gambit

Hope we get the same sale.

Also, I just randomly remembered again how much I would have loved 3DS Virtual Console versions of Virtual Boy games. It would have been THE perfect opportunity

KaneU

Praying for a sale in PAL regions as well. Doesn't it usually update on Thursdays? I guess we shall find out tomorrow...

gerudoman

DKC3 is out in Europe this week and will be 5.5€ instead of the regular 8€ for a week. Considering previous SNES games were full price at launch this discount seems a bit out of place.

Richie

For reference, this was NoA's E3 sale last year; only up to 30% off. Thanks Nintendolife!:

Wii U Retail Games

Mario Party 10 ($34.99, normally $49.99)
Super Mario 3D World ($41.99, normally $59.99)
New Super Mario Bros. U ($41.99, normally $59.99)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Hyrule Warriors ($41.99, normally $59.99)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD ($34.99, normally $49.99)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes ($13.99, normally $19.99)
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham ($20.99, normally $29.99)
LEGO The Hobbit ($13.99, normally $19.99)
The LEGO Movie ($13.99, normally $19.99)
Just Dance 4 ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Just Dance 2014 ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Just Dance 2015 ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Just Dance Kids 2014 ($13.99, normally $19.99)
Wii Party U ($27.99, normally $39.99)

Wii U Download-Only / Virtual Console Games

Dr.Luigi ($10.49, normally $14.99)
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga ($5.59, normally $7.99)
Mario Golf: Advance Tour ($4.89, normally $6.99)
The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap ($5.59, normally $7.99)
Yoshi Touch & Go ($6.99, normally $9.99)
Yoshi's Island DS ($6.99, normally $9.99)

3DS Retail Games

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Mario Golf: World Tour ($20.99, normally $29.99)
Mario Tennis Open ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Super Mario 3D Land ($20.99, normally $29.99)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Yoshi's New Island ($27.99, normally $39.99)
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham ($13.99, normally $19.99)
LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids ($13.99, normally $19.99)
LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin ($13.99, normally $19.99)
LEGO The Hobbit ($13.99, normally $19.99)
LEGO The Lord of the Rings ($13.99, normally $19.99)
The LEGO Movie ($13.99, normally $19.99)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf ($20.99, normally $29.99)
Fantasy Life ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Fire Emblem: Awakening ($27.99, normally $39.99)
Kid Icarus: Uprising ($24.49, normally $34.99)
Star Fox 64 3D ($27.99, normally $39.99)

3DS Download-Only / Virtual Console Games

Mario Tennis ($4.19, normally $5.99)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages ($4.19, normally $5.99)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons ($4.19, normally $5.99)
Yoshi ($3.49, normally $4.99)

ffvorax

Hope they do this also for EU... I would like to buy a couple of classic Game Boy titles, and maybe also Fire Emblem that I never played... maybe i'll get the physical version but depends on the discount... :p

alf717

It's a shame Square Enix never published the FF1 remake outside of Japan either. I had a quick look at it and it isn't just a quick port of the PSP version like I thought it would - they've reconstructed all the environments in actual 3D, using textures that match the visuals of the PSP remake. Really cool.

Whoa this is news to me. How did I miss this? Just watched a video of it and have to ask did NOA step on the Sqaure Enix's brand new white shoes or something? The lack of these titles in NA is just jarring. I like how the sprites don't spaz out during battle victories like in the PSP version.

Neifirst

I would forgo any kind of sale if they would just get Dragon Quest VII released early in the summer. I can't believe it has been delayed so they can release another Monster Hunter (which I do enjoy, but c'mon).

Sakura

Too bad it is 3DS only.
I feel like I already own all the 3DS games I'd be interested in.
Edit: Also it seems it is mostly just download only/virtual console software.

That sale on JP e-shop looks good. I saw Rhythm Tengoku Best Plus for like $30 after the discount and Nintendo account discount.
But Rhythm Heaven is being localized so I'll skip out on a lot of game sales on JP storefront.
Hope we get a similar sale over in the west.

Shin-chan

Nintendo eshop sales are like PSN/LIVE sales from almost a decade ago when publishers didn't have a clue how digital discounts should work (hint: the sale has to make the game cheaper than retail at that point in a games life, not as/more expensive).

-shadow-

Here's hoping for it to come towards the rest of the world. Because I want a good sale for once on the eShop.

Top Bottom