• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop 5th year anniversary sale (JP only for now, up to 50% off 100 titles)

The sale page has all the prices now.

Laughed really hard at Persona Q for over 4,000 yen (it's been floating between 1,000 and 1,500 at secondhand retailers for well over a year). EO4 is a decent price but I bought it last time it was on sale a few months back - I think it was about the same then. Most of the things on sale can be gotten for significantly less in secondhand shops, but if people have imported a Japanese unit these are decent enough prices across the board.

I'll probably grab the Box Boy sequel, and maybe Harmoknight, as I've heard it's good. Maybe some VC titles as they're stupid cheap. Eyeing the GBC Zeldas, Wario Land 3, and perhaps a few of the SNES titles (already got Mother 2 or I'd snap that up for sure).

Mm, checked the eShop when I woke up and there isn't much I'd consider getting out of the games available at retail. Even Theatrhythm Curtain Call is relatively expensive, moreso given the stronger yen compared with this time last year.

I'm glad Stella Glow has another shot in the spotlight at least, though I'm puzzled that some publishers' games are absent, like Bandai Namco to name one.

maxcriden

Yup, though usually Nintendo issues a press release ahead of time, at least for Europe.

But hey, I'm hoping this turns out to be good - out Thursday. And possibly more exciting than Nintendo's E3 :p

Review I found wasn't kind unfortunately. Apparently a very solid game with an exceedingly brief campaign given the price.

Anniversary sale coming to Europe!

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/740166984667672576

Nintendo of Europe Verified account 
‏@NintendoEurope
We're celebrating 5 years of #eShop with up to 50% off select #WiiU & #3DS titles from 09/06 http://ntdo.co.uk/iZ

Slim pickings though. Mostly Nintendo titles with a smattering of games from a small selection of third party publishers/self publishing indies. I guess this sale was put together at the last minute?

If a mod could change the topic title to remove "JP only for now" that'd be great, thanks!

Zeeman

Anniversary sale coming to Europe!

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/740166984667672576

Nintendo of Europe Verified account 
‏@NintendoEurope
We're celebrating 5 years of #eShop with up to 50% off select #WiiU & #3DS titles from 09/06 http://ntdo.co.uk/iZ

Slim pickings though. Mostly Nintendo titles with a smattering of games from a small selection of third party publishers/self publishing indies. I guess this sale was put together at the last minute?

If a mod could change the topic title to remove "JP only for now" that'd be great, thanks!

Hmm, nowhere near as many games as Japan gets. I wonder what NA will get.

EU sale is mostly terrible. The 3DS selection is particularly embarassing.

Guess I'll pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy at least.

I was about to buy games yesterday but I remembered this sale, I hope it comes to NA

.___. and I hope they discount Kirby games (you know, robobot coming this weekend....) and hatsune miku mirai DX (why is it sod damn expensive both digital and physical!?)

EU sale is mostly terrible. The 3DS selection is particularly embarassing.

Guess I'll pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy at least.

Yeah, I guess we should have expected this from NoE, they've never been good at putting third party stuff in the spotlight.

There are so many unique third party titles from publishers around the world on 3DS and this is all they've managed to sort out? Pathetic. Would it have been hard to give, say, Level-5 a call on the phone and ask if they'd like to put their GUILD01/02 games on sale? How about Namco or Capcom or Sega?

Or Knapnok Games (Spin the Bottle, Affordable Space Adventures), or DakkoDakko (Scram Kitty).

What's meant to be a celebration of the digital libraries on 3DS and Wii U has turned into somewhat of an embarrassment. Even if the discounts are slim this could have been a great opportunity to put some older, forgotten games in the spotlight again.

Yeah, I guess we should have expected this from NoE, they've never been good at putting third party stuff in the spotlight.

There are so many unique third party titles from publishers around the world on 3DS and this is all they've managed to sort out? Pathetic. Would it have been hard to give, say, Level-5 a call on the phone and ask if they'd like to put their GUILD01/02 games on sale? How about Namco or Capcom or Sega?

Or Knapnok Games (Spin the Bottle, Affordable Space Adventures), or DakkoDakko (Scram Kitty).

What's meant to be a celebration of the digital libraries on 3DS and Wii U has turned into somewhat of an embarrassment. Even if the discounts are slim this could have been a great opportunity to put some older, forgotten games in the spotlight again.
It's absolutely mind-boggling, isn't it? I'm assuming the eShop team is doing their absolute best over at NoE, but by God, it really doesn't show.

ash_ag

Poor as it may be, the NoE sale still has some neat stuff. I guess I will finally pick up Pokédex 3D Pro. Never felt I really needed it and was waiting for a good sale to get it for collective purposes.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I've been wanting to get Animal Crossing: New Leaf recently...guess I'll wait for this to pop up and see if its in there...or maybe wait until E3 instead?

Marow

EU sure doesn't have that good of a selection. There are titles I'm interested in, though, but at the same time I kinda don't dare to buy a library of games as I got no clue what NX will be.

Also, GB games don't actually give gold coins on My Nintendo, right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Eeeh...there is something decent, but way too much VC and older first party games. Bad sale. Pretty sure US will be better, after all.

...However I'm going to pick up Earthbound (I had yet to buy it).

EU sure doesn't have that good of a selection. There are titles I'm interested in, though, but at the same time I kinda don't dare to buy a library of games as I got no clue what NX will be.

Also, GB games don't actually give gold coins on My Nintendo, right?

If they don't, that's by virtue of being just two cents too cheap to qualify.

Picked up Final Fantasy III, because I wanted to try the Famicom version, as well as Mario's Picross and Picross 2 for the heck of it.

Forgive me for derailing the Euro sale discussion . . . :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
God damn.

Gonna have to turn on my Japanese N3DS for some of these. Amazing sale.

Schlomo

Is there any reason to get Mother 2 on 3DS if you already have the GBA version to play on your DS Lite? Save states, I guess, but anything else?

JulianImp

Got the two Boxboy games since they seemed like fun, and am considering whether I should get any VC games as well. Though about getting Stella Glow for a second, but then I remembered I could probably get it used at some BookOff for even cheaper than that.

Too many VC games I don't even recognize, so the only ones I've spotted for now are FFIII and Link's Awakening (or are the Oracle games better than it?). Anyone got any recommendations?

Top Bottom