• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Red Dead concept art found on Ex-Rockstar employee's site?

Simo

It could be nothing or something but a ex-Rockstar employee who was a senior artist at Rockstar London has some interesting artwork on her site:
Artist's Site (Scroll down for the Western Concept)

Her linkedin profile shows she was with Rockstar from 2010 to 2014 before leaving to work for Deep Silver Dambuster Studios and worked on Homefront: The Revolution. However she's doesn't list working on either Red Dead Redemption or a follow up, obviously, but she's never listed working on a Western game too and some of the art looks like studies for characters and outfits for a possible Western project.
There was a solid rumor that one of the characters in the game was Half White/Half Native American which the concept art could be showing.

Either way I just though it was worth sharing and talking about especially with the rumors and speculation surrounding Rockstar, Red Dead and E3.
27323312600_868e83e442_o.jpg

26990390764_7354fb6836_o.jpg

26990390544_6014b877eb_o.jpg

26990390404_6f3c09b09b_o.jpg

26990390204_2919f4c1ef_o.jpg

26990390134_2ca1287c85_o.jpg

27323315150_a5381f9c00_o.jpg

27567313376_a155c37daa_o.jpg
Credit to Spider-Vice and Anarckhy at GTAForums

Simo

lol Again there's nothing saying this is artwork for Red Dead, and there's more in the link, but who knows! The artist only publicly lists working on Max Payne 3 and GTAV but given Red Dead's possible long development, you'd think it could be possible other studios aside from San Diego contributed to the concept art phase.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Man if they announced a surprise release for this year I think I'd pass out for excitement.
Please be coming soon.

its happening, just wanna know if its penned for 2016 now

Pretty sure that Take-2 earnings call from a month or so back said there would be no Rockstar projects getting released in calendar 2016. I doubt Take-2 would blow smoke up their investors' asses about that sort of thing.

Prediction: next Rockstar game comes out next April/early May.

Coffinhal

It's weird that it went public like this, NDAs still apply after you quit the studio.

My guess is that these are just personal works that may be based on the RDR universe (or Western theme in general).

iNvid02

Pretty sure that Take-2 earnings call from a month or so back said there would be no Rockstar projects getting released in calendar 2016. I doubt Take-2 would blow smoke up their investors' asses about that sort of thing.

Prediction: next Rockstar game comes out next April/early May.

Possible announce as Holiday 2016 game but will definitely get delayed to 2017.

ah thanks

dreamfall

Would be really cool to be able to switch between two characters - one of them being Native American. This has got me hyped!

would love to play as 3 different characters with different perspectives in the old west...maybe your rugged cowboy, your native american and...a woman perhaps? the third character would be damn interesting

Anarckhy

Neo Member
Here's something. Happened yesterday night and just got fixed moments ago right afterwards. R* gearin up for that announcement yo.
Rrr4oNT.jpg

Top Bottom