• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Red Dead concept art found on Ex-Rockstar employee's site?

Simo

there is no need for the word rumor in the title of this thread

Yeah there is because there's no confirmation this is from the new Red Dead. We pretty much know a new one is coming but I just treated the art as a rumor. lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I know it is semantics (since most know what you mean)... but it would be RDR3 people, when using the acronym.

Raptor

I want a remaster more than sequel myself lols.

Zombies included damn it.

If there is a sequel they have to keep the Dead Eye mechanic.

Jamaro85

Here's something. Happened yesterday night and just got fixed moments ago right afterwards. R* gearin up for that announcement yo.
Rrr4oNT.jpg

What are the odds of somebody happening to stumble upon something like this right before it gets corrected? I'm going to lean towards this being edited in.

Stiler

I know it is semantics (since most know what you mean)... but it would be RDR3 people, when using the acronym.

If it's Red Dead REDEMPTION 2 then it wouldn't.

Red Dead Revolver just isn't a game many people who played rdr even know existed, let alone played, so to the general public it would make sense if it is indeed called Red Dead Redemption to have a 2 after it rather than a 3, otherwise people will be confused and thinking they somehow missed the sequel to Red Dead Redemption.

Red Dead Revolver just isn't a game many people who played rdr even know existed, let alone played, so to the general public it would make sense if it is indeed called Red Dead Redemption to have a 2 after it rather than a 3, otherwise people will be confused and thinking they somehow missed the sequel to Red Dead Redemption.
I think it'll just be Red Dead (something). Not sure if it'll keep the Redemption part, since that's not very important. To me, it would be like making a GTA San Andreas II.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
What are the odds of somebody happening to stumble upon something like this right before it gets corrected? I'm going to lean towards this being edited in.

Real or not, I feel like R* is actively fucking with us already with this amount of leaks.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Semantics, what doeseth it mean?

;)

What I am saying is, they will more than likely follow the trend and call it RD(insert a new R word) to make it the 3rd Red Dead in the series.

However, I can see them also sticking with Redemption 2 for the sake of PR hand holding (I hope not).

I have a feeling it will be a prequel as well judging by the artwork, and timeline of events towards the end of Redemption.

Alpende

You can monitor pages for minor changes. Maybe a guy set up a page monitor and got a notification something changed?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I was talking to my brother last night about the fun we had playing Red Dead Redemption on the 360. Just an amazing game. So full of atmosphere and amazing gameplay. We consider it Rockstar's best open world game to date even better than their recent GTA V.

I will seriously have a meltdown if *something* Red Dead isn't announced or shown by Rockstar at E3.

Hold me NeoGAF!
Rockstar is going to show the remaster and part 2 right?

OMG it just occurred to me.
The reason they haven't made Red Dead Redemption backwards compatible for the 360 is because they're announcing the remaster will be made available IMMEDIATELY during E3!!!

I was talking to my brother last night about the fun we had playing Red Dead Redemption on the 360. Just an amazing game. So full of atmosphere and amazing gameplay. We consider it Rockstar's best open world game to date even better than their recent GTA V.

I will seriously have a meltdown if *something* Red Dead isn't announced or shown by Rockstar at E3.

Hold me NeoGAF!
Rockstar is going to show the remaster and part 2 right?

OMG it just occurred to me.
The reason they haven't made Red Dead Redemption backwards compatible for the 360 is because they're announcing the remaster will be made available IMMEDIATELY during E3!!!

I had great fun playing it today on my Xbox 360, that game really is a masterpiece!

I was also thinking that too.
Red Dead Redemption was playable through backwards compatibility and the performance looked alright, I don't know they pulled it and haven't returned it, I found that really odd.

I kind of doubt it would be available immediately though. Maybe the backwards compatible version will be, but how did it become available in the first place? I thought BC games require confirmation from the developers or the publisher?

Was it really just some weird glitch that made it go up before it was ready? Or will they just do the remaster?

It's been over 4 months now since it was backwards compatible and taken down.

Do we think they'll do three main characters again? A John Marston type, an Indian with totally different combat mechanics, and a badass gunslinging woman? Yes please.

soultron

Banned
Doesn't look anything I'd expect RDR2 to look like. Some of the costuming choices look out of place in the era, like the Caucasian dude's 2-tone slacks. The Native American sleeve tattoos also look really out of line with what I think the game would look like.

It looks like it's all part of a goofier, more exaggerated Western game.

Servbot24

Banned
That art is so bad.

Like what.

Yeah I'm a little confused by this. I don't want to talk bad about the artist and I don't know who works at R*, but wouldn't they hire someone much more professional?

edit: Oh, it looks like she's more of a 3D environment artist.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I bet it will be called Red Dead Rising
Revengeance

Joeku

Do we think they'll do three main characters again? A John Marston type, an Indian with totally different combat mechanics, and a badass gunslinging woman? Yes please.

Calling two characters: White guy and half-Indian. At the end they have to duel for some reason and you pick which one you play as and have to kill the other, then do post-game as that character.

Top Bottom