• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Red Dead concept art found on Ex-Rockstar employee's site?

packy34

A Red Dead sequel and an RDR remaster (with a PC release) are literally the only things I want from E3. Everything else is just extra fluff.

Kssio_Aug

RDR3 would be a lovely announcement! After GTA V being quite a disappointment to me, I think I prefer a new RDR over a new GTA right now. None would be a bad reveal though!

jesu

Is it to early to discuss radio stations?
We could be a time traveling cowboy and your horse has a dab radio round it's neck!

Coffinhal

Update: The artwork is from the artist's personal project and has no connection with Red Dead.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WqW2

Ah well wrap it up. At least it gave us something for a day to talk about until the big conferences on Monday. lol

It's weird that it went public like this, NDAs still apply after you quit the studio.

My guess is that these are just personal works that may be based on the RDR universe (or Western theme in general).

Well that was it.

Freeman76

I really hope they drop news about a new Red Dead soon, and a remaster of RDR would be great to tide us over while we wait. Everything about that game was special, even the online.

Gigamear

Wasn't there speculation based on something that Strauss Zelnic said a few months ago about the intending release future of Take-two or something?

ErichWK

Honestly you won't find any concept art, or environment art or whatever out of Rockstar San Diego. I have friends who worked there, if you plug in a thumb drive someone comes out of nowhere and yells at you. A lot of sites are inaccessible and they are super super anal with their security. I know one artist had to take photos of shit he did with his phone quickly and secretly if he wanted any proof of what he did.

dex3108

Wasn't there speculation based on something that Strauss Zelnic said a few months ago about the intending release future of Take-two or something?

He said that they will have big E3 and that they will show R* projects soon. But those two could mean Mafia 3 on show floor and R* announcement whenever R* feels that is right (that could mean 2 years from now). T2 really has very little to do with R* announcements.

Simo

He said that they will have big E3 and that they will show R* projects soon. But those two could mean Mafia 3 on show floor and R* announcement whenever R* feels that is right (that could mean 2 years from now). T2 really has very little to do with R* announcements.

Take Two owns and is the parent company of Rockstar Games though so when Zelnick has to address investors and brings up Rockstar and their releases, he obviously knows what they're working on and all the relevant release info.

The big E3 rumor was that a few months ago Zelnick said Take Two would be at E3 "in a big way" which prompted the rumors of Rockstar being there alongside 2K and their releases such as Mafia III and the sports titles like WWE 2K17. Mafia III is having a pretty huge presence at the convention center so a lot of what Zelnick was talking about Mafia.

Zelnick then said at an investors call a month or 2 back that Rockstar's new projects would be "announced soon". I mean...soon and when he mentioned this would likely seem E3 would be the place but we'll see.

For anyone who looks to say "Rockstar is too big for E3. Rockstar never does E3" then feel free to copy and paste this because for some reason folks, including media outlets, seem to forget Rockstar being at E3 prior to 2014. lol

E3 as an important event for Rockstar Games just like every dev and publisher that if they have the product that's at the point of being at the right time to announce it, then E3 is the place. Look at some of the past times Rockstar has been to E3 and had announcements:
  • 2005: Rockstar debuts a tech demo on PS3 for a Western project that becomes Red Dead Redemption.
  • 2006: Rockstar announces Grand Theft Auto IV. Peter Moore announces it's coming to Xbox 360 with exclusive content.
  • 2007: A new GTAIV Trailer debuts with a "October 2007" release date and again, exclusive DLC is mentioned at Microsoft's Conference.
  • 2008: Rockstar announces GTA: Chinatown Wars. This is done on Nintendo's stage and conference for the Nintendo DS.
  • 2009: Rockstar announces Agent as a Playstation 3 exclusive during Sony's conference.
  • 2013: A GTAV PS3 bundle is announced during Sony's conference as well as GTAV themed Pulse Elite Headsets.
  • 2014: GTAV: Remastered is announced during Sony's conference and a PS4 bundle is announced.

Rockstar skipped E3 in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2015. They skipped 2010 because RDR had just ben released and Max Payne 3 and L.A Noire were nowhere near in a state to be shown and they studio was working on RDR: Undead Nightmare. They had planned to be at E 2011, and there documents proving this, to show off L.A Noire but the state of the game as well as the butting of heads between Rockstar and Team Bondi forced Rockstar to can those plans. E3 2012, again Rockstar had just released Max Payne 3 some 3 weeks prior and weren't ready to show off GTAV.

So yeah, If Red Dead is in a good state to announce (and it should be after what? 4-6 years in development?) then this E3 is a good place and time to do it!!

Sorry for another bump thread but I don't want to make a thread about this.

Some guy posted this on imgur. It could very well be fake but I don't know, just thought I'd share it

Il2LXcO.jpg

GNuIfuc.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/t7j9M

Simo

Sorry for another bump thread but I don't want to make a thread about this.

Some guy posted this on imgur. It could very well be fake but I don't know, just thought I'd share it

http://imgur.com/gallery/t7j9M

What's the source and full story on this? I mean it could be fake, and likely is, but also looks really good and up to Rockstar standards. I haven't seen any piece of fan art this good or detailed for a Red Dead game.

What's the source and full story on this? I mean it could be fake, and likely is, but also looks really good and up to Rockstar standards. I haven't seen any piece of fan art this good or detailed for a Red Dead game.

The story is that someone posted this on imgur saying "We're just gonna leave this here..." and that is all. I don't think it has been seen anywhere before, could be some fan art (could very well be).

So yeah, most probably fake but if you hear about this on some website, you'll know the origin of it is "random dude posted it on imgur".

Simo

The story is that someone posted this on imgur saying "We're just gonna leave this here..." and that is all. I don't think it has been seen anywhere before, could be some fan art (could very well be).

So yeah, most probably fake but if you hear about this on some website, you'll know the origin of it is "random dude posted it on imgur".

Yeah it's fake. Some guys did some digging on GTAForums and looked at the images closely and whoever did these used the wrong logo for Rockstar San Diego for one thing. lol

This also cropped up last night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQAl16jkg0E&feature=youtu.be

Likely fake given the name of the uploader, Connor Conlon, works at Rockstar Toronto and you ain't gonna be stupid enough to post your own name on a leaked video for the studio you work for. lol

Top Bottom