• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the most talked about game on social media

69wpm

pmcbvb.png

Zelda is the most talked about game on social media (12–14th June 2016). The game was mentioned over 75.000 times*, more than the up-comers Battlefield 1 and God of War.

* Based on 10% sample of overall conversation.

Much more information about this and other games: https://www.brandwatch.com/2016/06/react-e3-2016-social-data-live-blog/

Edit:

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Crash Bandicoot at 7th, yet we still can't get a new game. The market is there, people.

Kathian

Banned
Treehouse did the same thing last year. What happens when your sitting Live for people to wander in at any time and just giving out info throughout the day.

Splatoon hype was basically born there.

Konomori

Neo Member
Nintendo is a big Company and except Pokemon, it is the only Game they have shown.
It also was 5 hours of Gameplay so more than any other.
And of course, it looks Amazing.

Kouriozan

A mainline Zelda game that plays like no other, plus the divisive fanbase being even more divisive could explain it.
What's sure is that Aonuma didn't lie about breaking the conventions.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Hopefully people will stop saying "Nintendo needs to be on stage to get attention" now. Also, the youtube trailer has been watched 3 million times so far.

moolamb

What's the data source?

This smells to me like dodgy statistics. Grouping of terms etc. And why are there two Final Fantasy XV?

I love Zelda but let's not get carried away.

Ydelnae

What's the data source?

This smells to me like dodgy statistics. Grouping of terms etc. And why are there two Final Fantasy XV?

Some people tweet is as Final Fantasy XV and others as Final Fantasy 15. The same thing happens with Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront.

A mainline Zelda game that plays like no other, plus the divisive fanbase being even more divisive could explain it.
What's sure is that Aonuma didn't lie about breaking the conventions.

Are people divisive about it though? I've pretty much only seen people being positive torwards it, barring the odd comment here and there.

Actually kinda surprised Horizon isnt very high.

Yeah same. That was my game of the show before seeing the new Zelda.

J@hranimo

Banned
Congrats on the viral hype. Would this game have potential to be the best selling WiiU game? Splatoon will be hard to top.

Nah, NX version will exist.

Its a Guerilla Games game.....and i don't really trust them.....we all know they can do realistic graphics....

I don't know much about Sony studios and their track record besides Naughty Dog and Insomniac, but this game looks pretty and has interesting enough gameplay. Can't be bad.

komplanen

Other than the Wii U version looking real nasty, the gameplay alone is worth all this talk. Day 1 on NX, assuming NX is any good.

CLBridges

If that's accurate then I can dig it. The footage I saw looks real good and fun. Haven't played an LoZ since Twilight Princess but looking forward to this one.

moolamb

Thanks. It looks like a lot of effort into the analysis, but I guess it's purely based on twitter data? I'm just skeptical of these metrics. Because Nintendo only presenting one game means all their usual mentions will be grouped into this one game. So it's not really an indicator of the game's actual impact, but rather the method of data gathering being biased to Nintendo's format.

Top Bottom